• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah if we're still seventh by next Christmas he's gone. Definitely not going before then though, unless he resigns.

I feel sorry for him a bit now, you got Laboured slagging him off like an angry toilet dweller. Point at Arsenal's alright, innit? When we went backwards in the last minute, it's easy to say 'blame that on Moyes' but he looked angry too. Ultimately the players have to take responsibility as well, and that was on them more than him.

There was a brief little thing in the Whatsapp the other day about dividing up blame, as fucking boring, inane and pointless as that sounds. But there's four big factors to our failings so far - Moyes, the players, Fergie and Gill, and the board and Woodward.

I know United GAF is going to disagree but Moyes is just a shit manager. Give him some of the best players in the world and he will still fail, because he's just that shitty. He is a mid table manager just like Roy Hodgson.

He's not shit just not particularly good.

He has no place managing a top class side.

The analogies of him being given a Ferrari which he drives around at 20mph are nigh on perfect.

Wilbur

Banned
Evra was crap again.

Hasn't been mentioned as much recently because the whole team have struggled. But tonight he was particularly bad.

Yeah, he was fucking rancid. Along with Rosicky, the worst player on the pitch (what a familiar sentence).

Seriously, Carrick though. BEST player on the pitch. Sagna ran him close, but nice to see a good performance from Carrick again.

I don't think he's a mid table manager. Fourth and fifth a few times with Everton, even sixth is stretching it as far as 'mid' table goes.

He is however, limited in his tactical acumen and fearlessness when approaching a game. A very reactive manager. Not many will disagree with you at all; I will. He's far from shit. It just looks like he isn't the right choice for Manchester United.

Fair points.

Disagree? I dont think any United fan is gonna disagree with that.

Have you even read comments on here?

Not really. So United GAF don't like Moyes, glad you all see what I'm seeing.

wedward

Think any team in the top 4 could win the title at this point. Nobody has shown the consistency to be favorites. Liverpool are playing the best of the top 4 teams right now.

But they also lost to Hull 4-1. And Arsenal have been shit. And Mourhino is a twat. And City are missing their two best players.

Still think City win it.

operon

Yeah if we're still seventh by next Christmas he's gone. Definitely not going before then though, unless he resigns.

I feel sorry for him a bit now, you got Laboured slagging him off like an angry toilet dweller. Point at Arsenal's alright, innit? When we went backwards in the last minute, it's easy to say 'blame that on Moyes' but he looked angry too. Ultimately the players have to take responsibility as well, and that was on them more than him.

There was a brief little thing in the Whatsapp the other day about dividing up blame, as fucking boring, inane and pointless as that sounds. But there's four big factors to our failings so far - Moyes, the players, Fergie and Gill, and the board and Woodward.
So true , midfield has been a problem for a while Woodward fucked up in the summer. Moyes needs pr coaching ti remind him he manages United now not everton

Wilbur

Banned
Think any team in the top 4 could win the title at this point. Nobody has shown the consistency to be favorites. Liverpool are playing the best of the top 4 teams right now.

But they also lost to Hull 4-1. And Arsenal have been shit. And Mourhino is a twat. And City are missing their two best players.

Still think City win it.

They lost 3-1 to Hull, didn't they?

Won't be sacked before the end of next season IMO. They'll give him a full year at it.

Reckon we'll do alot better next season though. Not sure how good but it will be the team that he wants and so things will be more cohesive.

Really? I've become pretty addicted to these at the moment:

http://www.hasbean.co.uk/collection...nton-uyunense-teodocio-mamani-washed-peaberry

They're amazing.
No.

But this seems like a good thing to do and tell people about to make them think I'm cool. Gonna order a bag.

:lol

I know he's not solely to blame. I just think on the football side of things he's meeting my negative expectations of him so perfectly it makes me want to die. It's like seeing a train hurtle towards a loved one and not being able to move them out of the way. I knew this would happen and yet it's even more anger-inducing watching it.

Wilbur

Banned
Won't be sacked before the end of next season IMO. They'll give him a full year at it.

Reckon we'll do alot better next season though. Not sure how good but it will be the team that he wants and so things will be more cohesive.

Hopefully, but if there's a huge player turnover then things could go a bit early season Spurs.

Then we grab Sherwood, and the title beckons.

Still think City win it.

You are not going to win the title, Caroline.

Blablurn

It was fucking hilarious. Back then Laudrup also needed to suck a whole bag of dicks. My dad was so upset, it was hilarious.

I think the game went in history as one of the most unknown comebacks in football history. I guess because it took place in the Europa League.

MAAAAAAAAAN UUUUUUUUUU.

Mastadon

Banned

No.

But this seems like a good thing to do and tell people about to make them think I'm cool. Gonna order a bag.

Oh :( I thought I had a good coffee bro.

Clegg

The acquisition of Mata has shown that we aren't completely inept in the transfer market and that we're willing to spend big money on players. Have to hope that we get our main business done earlyish in the summer.

^ mata's fantastic, but moyes needs to play him where he's comfortable, i think

is it true that there's a small group of man u players who want to abandon ship (i think i've heard rooney's name mentioned)?

TeddyBoy

Liverpool were just generally poor in attack against West Brom though. Don't think you can really draw anything from that.

Hard to tell from 10 minutes, but he looked ok. Rodgers has clearly seen something in him and he (mostly) has a good eye for young talent.

Cheers guys. I know he didn't play too long, but I think he could prove pretty handy for us to change the game if it's not quite going our way. As you say Moc, he's got Rodgers' confidence which is something Alberto never properly had, so I'm hoping he shows that soon!

Really? I've become pretty addicted to these at the moment:

http://www.hasbean.co.uk/collection...nton-uyunense-teodocio-mamani-washed-peaberry

They're amazing.

Good to see Hixx donated his sunderland shirt to Netaid.

DMnqOXg.png

Oh :( I thought I had a good coffee bro.

I could easily be swayed.

I have been going to some bespoke coffee houses lately, and it's some good shit. But I don't brew my own at home or anything.

Teach me. I had a coffee with Ethiopian beans a couple of weeks ago, delightful stuff.

^ mata's fantastic, but moyes needs to play him where he's comfortable, i think

is it true that there's a small group of man u players who want to abandon ship (i think i've heard rooney's name mentioned)?

I've not heard that, although there must be.

But there is definitely a list who will be told to go this summer - and it's not just people like Buttner who are on it.

Clegg

I've found myself gravitating towards the world beers section whenever I'm in an off license.

Luxembourgian lager is rather nice.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
there's four big factors to our failings so far - Moyes, the players, Fergie and Gill, and the board and Woodward.

You can't do anything about Fergie, Gill, the board and Woodward now.

and it's hard to pin this on the players when Moyes is the one setting them up to play his brand of mechanical midtable football.

Mastadon

Banned
I could easily be swayed.

I have been going to some bespoke coffee houses lately, and it's some good shit. But I don't brew my own at home or anything.

Teach me. I had a coffee with Ethiopian beans a couple of weeks ago, delightful stuff.

It's really cheap to get in to. All you need is a decent french press for about £12 and a grinder. Ethiopian coffee is great, but Bolivian is my favourite at the minute. Has Bean do a brilliant starter pack http://www.hasbean.co.uk/collections/starter-packs/products/the-new-espresso-starter-pack

subtles

That was very bad for my heart. I'm glad we came through in the end. Coutinho needs to find some consistency while Kolo should be benched indefinitely.

Even at the cost of more GIFs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom