• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

New away shirt

tumblr_n0xmmwISaL1qgmhjro2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0xmmwISaL1qgmhjro3_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0xmmwISaL1qgmhjro4_1280.jpg

Jack cw

Richard Møller Nielsen, coach who brought Denmark to the Euro 92 final and won it is dead 76 years old. Winning the Euros with Denmark, that deserves some credit.

Espeically, after the story around it, as they got only to the tournament because of a wild card and replaced the team of Yugoslavia that was at civil war. Too bad they beat us Germans though.
RIP.

sohois

Question to all of you. Do you think the current manager of your team will still be manager in 3 years time?

I wouldn't place a high probability on it, though I would really need to look at base rates of managerial length and sacking rates to give you a more precise figure.

That being said, I would say that Rodgers is one of the most likely of the big teams to still be where he is in 3 years. One can't rule out Wenger continuing, and Martinez will surely be given ample time, but City, Chelsea, Utd & Spurs all seem very likely to change.

Hixx

what the fuck horse

why did you tell me to watch it then

I downloaded the whole season last night

MY BANDWIDTH

Watch it, it's really good. I'm not sure why it needs a remake other than the main girls accent being a very strong Welsh one which might put off Americans.

But I am willing to look past her accent.
iLvSr19JLEXbT.png

Does Utopia take itself completely seriously, or is it more like a LOST or FlashForward?

It's fairly serious but has a couple of colourful characters. Wilson Wilson brings a bit of humour.

Carbonox

So uh I don't supposed there is a way to restore deleted pictures off of your phone? :lol

I had some business receipts that I moved to a new folder on my phone, deleted the ones on the previous folder but it also deleted the ones in the new folder.

pls

i must retrieve them

tri_willy

this may be old, but it didnt stop me from cracking up!

I'd waited long enough. I fucking hit him hard. The ball was there (I think). Take that you cunt. And don't ever stand over me sneering about fake injuries.

based roy

Any reason to buy Utopia on BluRay rather than DVD other than the sharp picture? Costs more than twice as much

edit: How long is each episode? 50 minutes?

sohois

2014%2f2%2fSkrtelHeader.jpg

Debuchy dive discussion reminded me of whoscored, which last I checked had him in their team of the season. They seem to have some peculiar defensive ratings, with Skrtel currently the best defender in the league by a good distance according to them (and their best LB so far is Patrice Evra).

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
2014%2f2%2fSkrtelHeader.jpg

Debuchy dive discussion reminded me of whoscored, which last I checked had him in their team of the season. They seem to have some peculiar defensive ratings, with Skrtel currently the best defender in the league by a good distance according to them (and their best LB so far is Patrice Evra).

and Ranocchia was the best defender in Italy last season

..lol

It's on 4oD bruv

First ep and last eps are 60mins, rest 48-50.

Awesome, £7.50 saved (with the caveat that 4oD has adverts)

Any idea how long it will be on there for?

@Subtle, wh would we want Reus when we already have Texeira?

Some terrible, terrible puns in the Clone Wars/Netflix thread

Question to all of you. Do you think the current manager of your team will still be manager in 3 years time?

Yes :/

Its the only one that's been announced isn't it? We don't know what Treyarch's next CoD will be, BF5 will be BF4 with different maps. Homefront is apparently still alive, but fuck that franchise. Medal of Honour is dead. Zipper are dead.

Hopefully the age of CoD knockoffs is over.

I think Destiny might set a new trend. It's different to these other franchises, because its persistent online openworld with narrative focus design, but I just feel that major pubs might bank on it. The Division for ex is like that only in third person. Square want to go into that direction etc.

As for others games, there's Turtle Rock's Evolved and all sings point to Left 4 Dead 3 coming out eventually too.

So potentially on one hand there's the openworld, clan-based stuff with rich lore and on the other hand there's the asymmetrical, teamwork-based stuff with short-to-medium long matches and learning curve.

or it will continue with CoD...

good thing with Titanfall at least is the focus on mobility and verticality. But ADS is a bit antithetical to it.

Walshy

Another impressive win for Spurs after their win against Everton at the weekend. Newcastle had looked as if they have completely written off this season with Cabaye leaving and it showed, although Lloris and Bentaleb where fantastic for Spurs.

The race for top four is heating up, March seems to be a difficult month for both Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs. Here are the fixtures for the next five games for each team:

Arsenal: Sunderland (H) Stoke (A) Swansea (H) Spurs (A) Chelsea (A)
Liverpool: Swansea (H) Southampton (A) Sunderland (H) Manchester United (A) Cardiff (A)
Spurs: Norwich (A) Cardiff (H) Chelsea (A) Arsenal (H) Southampton (H)

Those back to back away games at Spurs and Chelsea will be tough for Arsenal, although I fancy them getting 10 points out of that run. Spurs on the other hand should get six points from the next two game, however Chelsea and Arsenal will be tough opposition and Southampton if they are on form. I think our fixtures are quite tough too, especially the away trips to Southampton and United, which could prove really problematic, especially with our recent record with Southampton and our away form at United. The other three should be wins, although I expect the Cardiff game to be tough.

Wilbur

Banned
Suarez:

"Let me tell you, I've made only two mistakes in my career. My first was when I was playing for Ajax and I bit an opponent. My second was when I bit [Branislav] Ivanovic [against Chelsea].

"The case with Evra was all false. I was accused without proof. But that's in the past. I was sad at that moment, but I'm happy today. I have grown up. I have thought more about things before doing them.

"Now people in England can't talk about me because I'm not doing anything wrong. They have to talk about me only as a footballer. I said I'm sorry [after the Ivanovic bite] and that was all, end of story. I've nothing else to regret. All the other things were like a movie that people in England believed in."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom