• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

Man, Ruuuuuuuud was a done deal... then we lost to Deportivo and we got the Phantom... Well, imagine van Nistelrooy in Bayerns squad under Magath and Ali Karimi as CAM. No, dont.

I barely watched football back then, but man... I'll never be able to forget fucking Karimi

Clegg

Think of it this way,Laboured.

If United signs the right quality of players in the summer then Moyes has zero excuses if he fails to get them playing well. Next season will define whether or not he has a future at United.

pulga

Banned
Yeah I just put Pulga on ignore

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

baby pls i know you're not capable <3

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah, at least the summer won't be dull.

I was just thinking though, signing international standard players is going to be a bitch (if that's what he's presumably gunning for). May mean late signings of players that need an extended pre-season after the WC.

Eh, I think that getting in good players won't be as difficult as some believe. Liverpool have bought Suarez, Sturridge, Sakho and Coutinho without Champions League. Spurs have bought a few that would improve us without CL football. Juventus got Vidal when they finished seventh and Barca wanted him.

Moyes is more of a factor than the club finishing out of the CL spots if you ask me, because the club is still enough of a draw that - like
Vidal or Pirlo to Juve - we can still attract great players. It'll be whether they want to work under him or not, and of course how much money we offer them.

faridmon

What the fuck, how are Switzerland ahead of Italy? FIFA are a fucking joke organisation with their rankings. I would love to see Blatter get twated.

The same reason why Norway was so high on the list and above the likes of Portugal, Mexico and Germany.

Wins in friendlies do count.

Elchele

just discovered I'm taller than Thiago. man, he's small. Can't believe a central midfielder so tiny is able to work in the bundesliga, he's incredible

Still made up with that Coup performance <3

Hopefully he finds some consistency!

He was rubbish yesterday tbh :p

Couldn't believe that shot went in, was about to start spitting and frothing at the mouth about him shooting from outside the box, which is normally bad enough, but doing it with his left foot as well :D

Jack cw

damn. looking back at these times we really deserve to enjoy those successfull days we have right now. bayern was a mess lol
Yeah, after Oddo, Lell, Ottl, Braafheid, Pranjic, Karimi, Baumjohann, Schaludraff, Dos Santos, Podolski, Breno, Karimi, Rensing, Görlitz, Hashemian, Borowski, Sosa, Dreher, etc. ist such a joy to watch what happened at Bayern. I enjoy every minute of it as long as it lasts.
which Diego? Our 6 months wonder Diego?

Why do we even bother with Brazilians smh
Most overrated Brazilian after Flopington.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
No kidding, Zabo. He never lived up to dat assist.

criticising Ciro in the media was a pretty cunty thing to do too..
For some reason it feels Vidal totally betrayed Bielsa....

I don't even know why :lol

LOOOOOOOOL

pls explain your theory in great detail!

The same reason why Norway was so high on the list and above the likes of Portugal, Mexico and Germany.

Wins in friendlies do count.

Yep, friendlies should not count at all, especially as they have unlimited friendlies. Italy play a lot of friendlies compared to other teams, and usually play against the highest oppositions. Prandelli loves experimenting so we draw and lose most of them.

Jack cw

just discovered I'm taller than Thiago. man, he's small. Can't believe a central midfielder so tiny is able to work in the bundesliga, he's incredible

Haha, yeah, he is rather small but has such talent and he is only 22 years old. Well, if size would matter, Orlando Englaar would be GOAT.

subtles

He was rubbish yesterday tbh :p

Couldn't believe that shot went in, was about to start spitting and frothing at the mouth about him shooting from outside the box, which is normally bad enough, but doing it with his left foot as well :D

The Arsenal game! Yesterday was more of a team performance, with the added character and resilience to come through. Gerrard's ball to Sturridge was brilliant. I hope we see more of this character in our upcoming away ties.

faridmon

Yep, friendlies should not count at all, especially as they have unlimited friendlies. Italy play a lot of friendlies compared to other teams, and usually play against the highest oppositions. Prandelli loves experimenting so we draw and lose most of them.

Yep I agree. Its bloody stupid to rank teams based on non-competitive matches that seems to be either about experimentation, or just dull affairs that no one cares about. But again, we are talking about FIFA planned events...

Man, Fuck FIFA.

Think of it this way,Laboured.

If United signs the right quality of players in the summer then Moyes has zero excuses if he fails to get them playing well. Next season will define whether or not he has a future at United.

But Clegg-chan, papa Laboured already knows he's not. My Moyes-o-meter is perfectly in tune.

Give me control of the club. I will buy all the good players (Tom Ince, Tiote et al.) and have them play an oblique form of low scoring but pretty looking tiki-taka while Moyes weeps in my shadow.

I'm worried that Destiny will end up a bit like GTAV MP. Most of the excitement is just scenarios that myself and others are dreaming up in our own heads, under the assumption that we'll have other people to consistently play it with, who want to do the same thing.

Zabojnik

Vieri is an absolute legend and not just on twitter. It's like he lives on the beach, surrounded by patonza, regardless of the season. He just gets it.

Schermata-2013-10-02-a-12.57.51-460x570.png

Zio porcone <3

Cavilieri was a fine backup keeper, certainly far better than Jones or Itandje.

Our backup keepers were always screwed over by Reina's titanium exoskeleton :p

Must be the worst squad position in football. Too important to be loaned out or allowed to leave without replacement, lucky to get 5 games a season

rvy

Banned
Vieri is an absolute legend and not just on twitter. It's like he lives on the beach, surrounded by patonza, regardless of the season. He just gets it.

Schermata-2013-10-02-a-12.57.51-460x570.png

Zio porcone <3

Name an Italian team that Vieiri did not play for.

Protip: You can't..

The original shagmaster.

arkon

Laboured, that article was actually written by you wasn't it :lol

I dunno. I think if that exact performance happened under Fergie, we wouldn't be too disheartened. I don't remember us being that great at the Emirates last year.

Difference is we had won the title then I think, so obviously in context it wasn't that great a result.

Eleven points behind Liverpool, Christ.

You've had some stinkers under Fergie as well. That match at the Etihad a few seasons ago where you eventually lost out on the title on goal difference being one that immediately pops to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom