• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned

collecting 1 star per level is not even remotely comparable to collecting 100 fucking jingles, puzzles pieces, bull testicles and what have you

yer avin a mare ther m8

Well, yes, yes it is. Plus collecting coins for extra lives, and star pieces for whatever the fuck they did I couldn't even remember.

It is comparable.

pulga

Banned
No I am rating it above bayo because it plays better , has better visuals, better music, better characters and more interesting environments and is made by a better studio in my opinion. After one bayo play through I was done, never to return.

Ninja Theory better than Platinum Games....?

someone pls ban wilbs and messi i cant take it anymore

BopI5sd.gif

Well, yes, yes it is. Plus collecting coins for extra lives, and star pieces for whatever the fuck they did I couldn't even remember.

It is comparable.

No. Coins are not mandatory for advancing through the game. 1 star per level is all you needed. Banjo required you to collect a bunch of game prolonging shit to advance through it.

do you even know what collectathon means

you guys are killing me ;_;

Well Galaxy has you collecting stars to get to other worlds, right? So... yes, that is comparable :lol

Maybe not to the same level, but that definitely is remotely comparable.
Yeah but that's a pretty simplified way of looking at it. The star at the end (or middle) of a Galaxy level is no different than a flag pole in Mario World though. In DK64 you are literally collecting shit otherwise you can't progress :p

It's fine if you like that stuff but idk just never big on that game. Banjo Kazooie/Tooie did that better in my opinion

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah but that's a pretty simplified way of looking at it. The star at the end (or middle) of a Galaxy level is no different than a flag pole in Mario World though. In DK64 you are literally collecting shit otherwise you can't progress :p

It's fine if you like that stuff but idk just never big on that game. Banjo Kazooie/Tooie did that better in my opinion

I don't care for collecting all that stuff, I neither like nor dislike it. But it's no different than people trying to get platinum trophies and stuff really, is it? I don't bother with that, because I don't need to do that in the game.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm saving all my Vodka for the Russian model tomorrow

is this racist?

sviat i love u im srry

-

Hannibal is THIS MONTH? Fuck it, the Vodka is MINE then! <3 YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

edit: omg I just saw the poster *dead*

FootballFan

One of the even earlier ones probably as i just had all day to play them.

PES5 of those though no doubt, easily the best PES. Fuck mixing it up with 6.

PES 5 was great, I think it was the title where they introduced the flip-flap(may have been 6). I mastered those game. Untouchable.

ISS 98 was the best.

Hell yeah that was awesome. Used to play that over Fifa but my dad and his friends would be like "omg play fifi, so much better" and then I started just exploiting the fuck out of being able to do this dumb jump over the keeper, where I would score on pretty much every chance I got and eventually got all those idiots to move over to ISS and later PES too. We had some really fun tournaments, there was tears, mostly from the grown men.

Messi

Ninja Theory better than Platinum Games....?

someone pls ban wilbs and messi i cant take it anymore

BopI5sd.gif

I can honestly say I've never enjoyed one of their games. I played the first two missions in Metal gear rising and bailed out as that was pure muck too, and I love metal gear.

I have liked/loved all of Ninja Theory's games.

I've done nothing to deserve a ban here ever, it's bad form to recommend me getting one because we don't share the same opinion.

pulga

Banned
I don't care for collecting all that stuff, I neither like nor dislike it. But it's no different than people trying to get platinum trophies and stuff really, is it? I don't bother with that, because I don't need to do that in the game.

platinum trophies are for fun, at least for the OCD crowd. you dont need to platinum something to get to later stages

you genuinely couldnt advance through those games if you didnt collect 100x of Y item

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
pulga it's not that hard to understand

Messi is a casual action fan. He just wants to have fun and he doesn't care about the complexity of the battle system.

FootballFan

Hell yeah that was awesome. Used to play that over Fifa but my dad and his friends would be like "omg play fifi, so much better" and then I started just exploiting the fuck out of being able to do this dumb jump over the keeper, where I would score on pretty much every chance I got and eventually got all those idiots to move over to ISS and later PES too. We had some really fun tournaments, there was tears, mostly from the grown men.

I made people leave the building after beating them. Still remember the salt.

Wilbur

Banned
No. Coins are not mandatory for advancing through the game. 1 star per level is all you needed. Banjo required you to collect a bunch of game prolonging shit to advance through it.

do you even know what collectathon means

you guys are killing me ;_;

Banjo-Kazooie is a single-player platform game in which the player controls the protagonists Banjo and Kazooie. The game is split into nine open levels where the player must gather musical notes and jigsaw pieces, or "Jiggies", in order to progress. Players transit from one level to another through Gruntilda's lair, which acts as the game's central overworld. Jiggies allow the player to complete jigsaw puzzles which open doors to new levels, while musical notes grant players access to new inner sections of the overworld. Like Super Mario 64, the gameplay is designed in a way that is very nonlinear, since players are not forced to collect all the Jiggies and all the musical notes of one particular level to proceed through the next one. It is also possible to skip certain levels as long as the player has enough of these items to reach a farther one

I believe in SMG there was planets you could only get to if you had collected enough star bits, and there was those purple coin levels where to beat it you actually had to collect 100 purple coins.

pulga

Banned

Messi is a casual action fan. He just wants to have fun and he doesn't care about the complexity of the battle systems.

of course i understand dear yogurt

but i wouldnt call torino the better turin team just because they play sleep inducing football and thats the way i like it

FootballFan

Banjo-Kazooie is a single-player platform game in which the player controls the protagonists Banjo and Kazooie. The game is split into nine open levels where the player must gather musical notes and jigsaw pieces, or "Jiggies", in order to progress. Players transit from one level to another through Gruntilda's lair, which acts as the game's central overworld. Jiggies allow the player to complete jigsaw puzzles which open doors to new levels, while musical notes grant players access to new inner sections of the overworld. Like Super Mario 64, the gameplay is designed in a way that is very nonlinear, since players are not forced to collect all the Jiggies and all the musical notes of one particular level to proceed through the next one. It is also possible to skip certain levels as long as the player has enough of these items to reach a farther one

I believe in SMG there was planets you could only get to if you had collected enough star bits, and there was those purple coin levels where to beat it you actually had to collect 100 purple coins.

Both SMG and Banjo were awesome.

Messi

Messi is a casual action fan. He just wants to have fun and he doesn't care about the complexity of the battle systems.

Pretty much this. I loved heavenly sword, Enslaved, DmC all because they have good stories involving decent female characters and easy to grasp mechanics. I don't want crazy combos ect I just want to be entertained.

Wilbur

Banned
platinum trophies are for fun, at least for the OCD crowd. you dont need to platinum something to get to later stages

you genuinely couldnt advance through those games if you didnt collect 100x of Y item

No, that's wrong. The next level could say like 40 bananas and if you collected every single one by that point you could have 75. You didn't need to get 100 percent or whatever.

Pretty similar to Mario if you ask me, you need the required amount of things to progress.

arkon

Yep. Sounds like my experience with the game. Took time to convince the heathens before they finally saw the light.

Wilbur

Banned
Both SMG and Banjo were awesome.

Agreed, both are up there in my very very favourite games.

Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Donkey Kong 64, Super Mario Galaxy 1 + 2, all the Pokemons, GTA: San Andreas, PES 3, Skyrim and Oblivion. They're probably my favourite games off the top of my head. Nice, casual games. Fun to play, don't require much thinking.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pretty much this. I loved heavenly sword, Enslaved, DmC all because they have good stories involving decent female characters and easy to grasp mechanics. I don't want crazy combos ect I just want to be entertained.

I get you Messi

but you have to realise that you're in the minority. You can't tell a fan of the genre that DmC or GoW are better than Bayo and NG. Because they simply aren't to us*.

*pulga, Carbo, rvy and me

FootballFan

Agreed, both are up there in my very very favourite games.

Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Donkey Kong 64, Super Mario Galaxy 1 + 2, all the Pokemons, GTA: San Andreas, PES 3, Skyrim and Oblivion. They're probably my favourite games off the top of my head. Nice, casual games. Fun to play, don't require much thinking.

That is a great list. Have played all of those, and had really good experiences with them. Oblivion is the title I did not play.

Have you tried Fallout?

Wilbur

Banned
That is a great list. Have played all of those, and had really good experiences with them. Oblivion is the title I did not play.

Have you tried Fallout?

Only Fallout 3; I did really like it, but there was nowhere near as much to do as in Oblivion. It was a bit sparse. VATS was great though.

Messi

I get you Messi

but you have to realise that you're in the minority. You can't tell a fan of the genre that DmC or GoW are better than Bayo and NG. Because they simply aren't to us*.

*pulga, Carbo, rvy and me

I would consider myself a fan of 3rd person action games. I like lots of them.

pulga

Banned
No, that's wrong. The next level could say like 40 bananas and if you collected every single one by that point you could have 75. You didn't need to get 100 percent or whatever.

Pretty similar to Mario if you ask me, you need the required amount of things to progress.

as someone else already said, getting the star at the end of a level is in no way different than getting to the flag

banjo kazooie sees you hauling ass around the map looking for the musical notes/jigsaws throughout every nook and cranny. you also had to rescue those fucking imp looking things no?

how are you seriously not seeing the difference between gameplay elements?

FootballFan

Now for the greatest football game of all time, that only FF will probably remember.

KsrejMf.png

We need to bring it back. Seriously.

Never played Sensible Soccer unless my memory is failing me again.

What was that game on one of the Sega systems, Italia 90 maybe.

Top down view, world cup mode only. Loved that game.

Messi

as someone else already said, getting the star at the end of a level is in no way different than getting to the flag

banjo kazooie sees you hauling ass around the map looking for the musical notes/jigsaws throughout every nook and cranny. you also had to rescue those fucking imp looking things no?

It feels like semantics to me. You are collecting in both games.

That's not fucking semantics, when the whole game revolves around you having to collect, while in the other one it's an optional thing. It's like saying eating the cheese in pacman is the same as getting all the tapes in bioshock.

pulga

Banned

but the point of Banjo Kazooie is to collect all that shit, see? SMG is all about the experience before you get to the star/flag pole. It'd be the same end result if you didn't collect anything at the end

It's like saying eating the cheese in pacman is the same as getting all the tapes in bioshock.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Scum

Now for the greatest football game of all time, that only FF will probably remember.

KsrejMf.png

We need to bring it back. Seriously.

Another great. Sensible Soccer/Sensible World of Soccer. You do it all in that. Overhead kicks and diving headers were awesome when you pulled it off.

btw games where you have to collect things are shit. If the game world is interesting enough to explore that should be reward enough itself, shouldn't be some requirement.

I'm going to bed now, for real. Good night

Wilbur

Banned

When did I say I didn't see the difference?

I didn't lmao. You're a fucking blind, stubborn idiot.

"NOT REMOTELY COMPARABLE" = "HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THE DIFFERENCE"

you fucking stupid ape

please just read what i've been posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom