• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

That's not fucking semantics, when the whole game revolves around you having to collect, while in the other one it's an optional thing. It's like saying eating the cheese in pacman is the same as getting all the tapes in bioshock.

but the point of Banjo Kazooie is to collect all that shit, see? SMG is all about the experience before you get to the star/flag pole. It'd be the same end result if you didn't collect anything at the end

Do oh not need stars to progress? Same difference innit.

Are you not experiencing the levels while getting stars/collecting jigsaws?

bud

i'm not even going to bother reading this gaming related discussion

what is a game really

isn't life a game if you really think about it

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Nathan and Pulg stop <3

-

Anyone remember Gex (Enter the Gecko)? I don't know why I loved it.

Probably because I was too poor to own an N64 with my PS1. :(

pulga

Banned
When did I say I didn't see the difference?

I didn't lmao. You're a fucking blind, stubborn idiot.

"NOT REMOTELY COMPARABLE" = "HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THE DIFFERENCE"

you fucking stupid ape

please just read what i've been posting

you cant even string a simple one-two combo together, and im the idiot? hahahaha, take a look in the mirror baby

you dont even know what the difference between a collecathon and SMG is
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

you genuinely have no idea what you're talking about, it must pain you to be so ignorant about something

Wilbur

Banned
but the point of Banjo Kazooie is to collect all that shit, see? SMG is all about the experience before you get to the star/flag pole. It'd be the same end result if you didn't collect anything at the end

but the point of super mario galaxy is to get to the star/flag pole. Banjo is all about the experience before you collect those things on the way.

There is a difference between "not remotely comparable" and relatively comparable. Like I say, there is parts of SMG where you have to get to different planets, and you need to feed the fat cunt stars little star pieces to get there. Therefore, you must have had to collect enough. That alone, means it is in some way comparable. Therefore, it is NOT not remotely comparable.

Jeesus christ it's like talking to a fucking fish head.

Messi

Nathan and Pulg stop <3

-

Anyone remember Gex (Enter the something)? I don't know why I loved it.

Gex enter the gecko. I loved it, I also loved Croc and the legend of the gobbos

bud

i hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on hara kiri rock

i need scissors

FootballFan

you cant even string a simple one-two combo together, and im the idiot? hahahaha, take a look in the mirror baby

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

you genuinely have no idea what you're talking about, it must pain you to be so ignorant about something

but the point of super mario galaxy is to get to the star/flag pole. Banjo is all about the experience before you collect those things on the way.

There is a difference between "not remotely comparable" and relatively comparable. Like I say, there is parts of SMG where you have to get to different planets, and you need to feed the fat cunt stars little star pieces to get there. Therefore, you must have had to collect enough. That alone, means it is in some way comparable. Therefore, it is NOT not remotely comparable.

Stahp boys. Pls

iban0mkqobofQh.gif

Something to cheer you both up.

Messi

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

I can do combos buti find mashing to be much more enjoyable. You shouldn't assume these things about people.

FootballFan

i hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on hara kiri rock

i need scissors

Lol I freaked out when the Colonel started spouting all of this random stuff. I was contemplating my entire life, when he told I had been playing too long.

pulga

Banned

as wooden said, even bioshock is remotely comparable to pac man when you take such plainfully stupid point of view

the stars need not to exist

you could get a blow job at the end of the level and itd be the same result

banjo kazooie is a game that is artificially lengthened because they make you collect a shitton of stupid crap in order to give you more bang for your buck

Scum

Nathan and Pulg stop <3

-

Anyone remember Gex (Enter the Gecko)? I don't know why I loved it.

Yurt, baby. Please don't tell me you missed out on Goldeneye and Perfect Dark? D:

Wilbur

Banned

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

I can string a one two combo together, but when you're frantically switching between square and triangle and pretending it's better than something else because there's a combo list that called that overly elaborate move that you made from pressing two buttons four times in a row something, I don't find that necessarily fun.

I do know what the difference is between a collectathon and SMG is. The original post was 'not remotely comparable'. They can be compared. You're just sticking to your fucking stupid 'LOL U KNOEZ NUTTIN BOWT GEAMZA becus u dont know that a thirteen year old french ambassador was the key character model for the small black man in journey'

Fuck me man, you're so annoying, your reading comprehension goes out the window when you're following your stupid fucking WIN AT ALL COSTS narrative.

bud

Lol I freaked out when the Colonel started spouting all of this random stuff. I was contemplating my entire life, when he told I had been playing too long.

if you don't answer any of the codec calls, the radar turns into a video of a busty (iirc...) girl in a hammock.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt, baby. Please don't tell me you missed out on Goldeneye and Perfect Dark? D:

I played them years later :( with my friend's N64.

I was too poor for video games :(

thank god for piracy on PS1.
I don't do that anymore gaf pls understand

Wilbur

Banned
as wooden said, even bioshock is remotely comparable to pac man when you take such plainfully stupid point of view

the stars need not to exist

you could get a blow job at the end of the level and itd be the same result

banjo kazooie is a game that is artificially lengthened because they make you collect a shitton of stupid crap in order to give you more bang for your buck

I'm not even fucking debating the fact you need to collect a bunch of shit. I'm not saying that doesn't occur. I'm saying that the line "these two games are not remotely comparable" is a fucking stupid bizarre one.

In fact, let's take this out of the equation. They're both on Nintendo systems. Comparable. They're both platformers. Comparable. They both require you to collect golden shit at the end of levels. Comparable. They both have levels where someone makes a fucking noise. Comparable.

pulga

Banned
I can string a one two combo together, but when you're frantically switching between square and triangle and pretending it's better than something else because there's a combo list that called that overly elaborate move that you made from pressing two buttons four times in a row something, I don't find that necessarily fun.

I do know what the difference is between a collectathon and SMG is. The original post was 'not remotely comparable'. They can be compared. You're just sticking to your fucking stupid 'LOL U KNOEZ NUTTIN BOWT GEAMZA becus u dont know that a thirteen year old french ambassador was the key character model for the small black man in journey'

Fuck me man, you're so annoying, your reading comprehension goes out the window when you're following your stupid fucking WIN AT ALL COSTS narrative.

ok nathan so street fighter is remotely comparable to donkey kong because you punch things

metroid and mega man must be the same franchise innit!

i dont even hahahaha

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm not even fucking debating the fact you need to collect a bunch of shit. I'm not saying that doesn't occur. I'm saying that the line "these two games are not remotely comparable" is a fucking stupid bizarre one.

In fact, let's take this out of the equation. They're both on Nintendo systems. Comparable. They're both platformers. Comparable. They both require you to collect golden shit at the end of levels. Comparable. They both have levels where someone makes a fucking noise. Comparable.

ok nathan so street fighter is remotely comparable to donkey kong because you punch things

i dont even hahahaha

guuuuuys

jump on twitter with this <3

Wilbur

Banned

i dont even hahahaha

Yeah, so they are remotely comparable. As in, you have made a remote comparison.

Would you agree that the notion of collecting bananas and collecting stars are more comparable than the examples you've just come up with?

If so, they are more than remotely comparable.

And that was my original point.

You blind fucking goose.

Wilbur

Banned
guuuuuys

jump on twitter with this <3

Nah, I'm done now :lol, he's far too stubborn. It's just like last week, "oh my god these atletico beasts" and then when shown Real fans doing the same can't just say "well I fucked up, my mistake".

It's just pointless, never fucking stops and says "okay I see your point". Yawn.

Wilbur

Banned
No, it's utterly boring to everyone else in the thread, apologies.

Never mind, I'm sure when Barca lose again we'll fall back in love.

Scum

pulga, Wilbs. You two will be a riot when stoned. :loooooooooooooool

I played them years later :( with my friend's N64.

I was too poor for video games :(

thank god for piracy on PS1.
I don't do that anymore gaf pls understand

Atleast you played them. That's all good.

pulga

Banned
Yeah, so they are remotely comparable. As in, you have made a remote comparison.

Would you agree that the notion of collecting bananas and collecting stars are more comparable than the examples you've just come up with?

If so, they are more than remotely comparable.

And that was my original point.

You blind fucking goose.

i havent even mentioned donkey kong's bananas since i never played dk64, so no comment from me on that

but i do know collecting the stupid amount of jingles you had to in banjo is not comparable to collecting the one lone star you do in SMG

Nah, I'm done now :lol, he's far too stubborn. It's just like last week, "oh my god these atletico beasts" and then when shown Real fans doing the same can't just say "well I fucked up, my mistake".

It's just pointless, never fucking stops and says "okay I see your point". Yawn.

loooool if you thought any of the atletico business was serious

why would you even think that hahah its all banter

Scum

I've read more sense about gaming in the last few pages from everyone than most of what you can find on GamingGAF for the last few years.
5YRcF.gif
5YRcF.gif

Arnie

shush, you pair of beavers

God, it's valentines day. I was out with work just now and I didn't make a move on anyone. And now I'm home alone.

why

i need some female booty to cuddle up to

pulga

Banned
dont u dare hide behind the banter excuse
iOFDY3EGYr41N.png

pls you think i dont know Madrid fans pull the same shit

ive been to plenty of their games to know how neanderthalic they can be

which is something I dont think you can say about United eh
dPrJaGc.png

edit: well at least you have a cheerleader flickering your hairless anus
Uus4Plt.png

FootballFan

God, it's valentines day. I was out with work just now and I didn't make a move on anyone. And now I'm home alone.

why

Think of Liverpool and their position on the table. That should be enough comfort.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

why

I'll cancel my plans for you Arnie <3

we'll draw 3-5-2 formations on each-other with whipped cream

Was this the best Football related Anime besides Captain Tsubasa?
ibhj3LpBesTLmW.gif

I think so.

what is this? They all looked like Tsubasa back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom