• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHG

Don't get me wrong, titanfall is fun and it has its moments but anyone would think its the second coming with the way its been hyped. Its just a amalgamation of what a lot of other games have done before (see lost planet, Killzone 3, Quake, Tribes, COD).

Blablurn

Don't get me wrong, titanfall is fun and it has its moments but anyone would think its the second coming with the way its been hyped. Its just a amalgamation of what a lot of other games have done before (see lost planet, Killzone 3, Quake, Tribes, COD).

If I paid 500 bucks for a piece of shit like the XBOX ONE I would also hype it as the second coming lol.

Arnie

(see lost planet, Killzone 3

An amalgamation of these two in particular resembles precisely what I've just ejected into my toilet following a night of extra hot Nandos.

It sounds like you're salty. Game looks fun and I don't even play games anymore.
My thought as well.

Anyone whinging, like proper skriking (see above) about a videogame or the positive reception it's receiving comes across as an absolute baby. Grow up and let people enjoy their fun. Just because you're more into Persona 7 doesn't mean people can't enjoy their Titanfall, or even their Infamous.

a night of extra hot Nandos.

datholdupplayy9ibe3.png

Blablurn

It sounds like you're salty. Game looks fun and I don't even play games anymore.

I'm just bitchin' lil. If I find the PC game for a reasonable price I might buy it. Just to see what's behind the hype.

I also don't find Infamous that interesting tbh.

The only game I'm seriously looking forward to right now is South Park: The Stick of Truth.

As a former lifelong MGS fan I don't care about Ground Zeroes anymore. I'm done with Big Boss. Give me Solid Snake (the one who turned me into a fan of the series) or nothing. (now I'm salty! ;) )

sohois

An amalgamation of these two in particular resembles precisely what I've just ejected into my toilet following a night of extra hot Nandos.

My thought as well.

Anyone whinging, like proper skriking (see above) about a videogame or the positive reception it's receiving comes across as an absolute baby. Grow up and let people enjoy their fun. Just because you're more into Persona 7 doesn't mean people can't enjoy their Titanfall, or even their Infamous.

The original Lost Planet was sweet and the mechs were awesome in that game

GHG

The original Lost Planet was sweet and the mechs were awesome in that game

Exactly. And FWIW Killzone 3 was pretty fun online initially (it also had jetpacks & mechs).

Titanfall is fun but jesus they need to remove the automechs, autoaim pistols and trade the AI population for real players.

Just saw that Fulham saked their manager again :/ .

Hixx

pls

When you call down your mech in sync with the rest of your team and proceed to back the other teams mechs into a corner before unleashing hell upon them come back and say you werent aroused

Come back when your mech is blown up and you're ejected, you equip your anti-mech gun in mid air, use it, then aim your landing on top of said mech to rodeo it and destroy it as revenge

Come back when you find a secret ledge that lets you farm AI for a ridiculously quick mech spawn
KuGsj.gif

Come back when you and some twat are parkouring on a tower trying to kick each other and then one of you eats it from a boot to the face

Come back when theres more than 2 maps and one is merely ok the other is great

The AI is fine they just need to look more visually distinct from Pilots. That and the auto pistol are my only real issues with it atm.

LTWheels

Exactly. And FWIW Killzone 3 was pretty fun online initially (it also had jetpacks & mechs).

Titanfall is fun but jesus they need to remove the automechs, autoaim pistols and trade the AI population for real players.

Just saw that Fulham saked their manager again :/ .

Nah the game is fine as 6v6. If the AI was removed for more players it would be way too overcrowded unless you want to restrict the number of titans that can be available at once which is not fun. Seeing a message pop up saying you can't summon your Titan would be shit.

The AI servers a purpose, they are dota creep to reduce the call down of your Titan. The smart pistol is shit against real players, as it takes ages to lock on 3 times. You will only ever kill a human player from behind with it. From the front a normal weapon will always win. Also I really enjoy the automech part. I like running around on foot as this giant robot follows me. It acts as a distraction.

If they removed those features I would not be interested in this game.

jesalr

Prandelli, De Boer, Van Gaal, and Tim Sherwood in a fight to the death. Except Levy kills the survivor 8 games in to the season anyway.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Prandelli, De Boer, Van Gaal, and Tim Sherwood in a fight to the death. Except Levy kills the survivor 8 games in to the season anyway.

It depends on whether we get 4th. If we do then it ill be impossible to remove Sherwood, even for Levy. Like RDM at Chelsea they will be forced to keep him because it would simply be too embarrassing otherwise.

That's not a bad selection of potential coaches to choose from, whatever happens.

De Boer isn't in your fight.

He already said he wants to manage Tottenham and that we approached him already, like Van Gaal.

Linius

He already said he wants to manage Tottenham and that we approached him already, like Van Gaal.

He said Spurs is a nice club. The end.

For the foreseeable future he ain't going anywhere. And I really hope he's smart enough to not commit career suicide at Spurs, but that aside.

Wes

venison crêpe
From the looks of the last few pages a good few of you got in to the Titanfall beta. Congrats. I'll be after some fuller impressions at some point.

Linius

From the looks of the last few pages a good few of you got in to the Titanfall beta. Congrats. I'll be after some fuller impressions at some point.

Once the new vibe of it has vanished they'll come to their senses. Or maybe Titanfall will actually be fun and then everyone hates Titanfall 2 which will release about twelve months after the first one. And Titanfall 3 which will come the year after that will be even worse. Not to mention Titanfall: The inbetween 2 and 3 prequel story edition which will release some time 2015/2016.

Hixx

Scocco, Giaccherini and Borini are Sunderland's front three #SAFC

3AQmK.gif

@YoungSunEcho 9s
Larsson, Gardner, Celustka, Dossena all starting too #SAFC

LOOOOOOOOOOOL nevermind its game over already

Gus doesn't want to win
KuGsj.gif

3Sixty

Scocco, Giaccherini and Borini are Sunderland's front three #SAFC

3AQmK.gif

@YoungSunEcho 9s
Larsson, Gardner, Celustka, Dossena all starting too #SAFC

LOOOOOOOOOOOL nevermind its game over already

Gus doesn't want to win
KuGsj.gif

We've one upped you with Jos Hooiveld, that is at least 2 goals for you right there.

Hixx

We've one upped you with Jos Hooiveld, that is at least 2 goals for you right there.

Celustka is worth -3 goals for (YOU READ THAT RIGHT), Gardner and Larsson are worth -2 players, Dossena is worth +1 red card

We've made 9 changes. Gus don't give a fuck.

Swansea-v-Sunderland-2471650.jpg

3Sixty

Celustka is worth -3 goals for (YOU READ THAT RIGHT), Gardner and Larsson are worth -2 players, Dossena is worth +1 red card

We've made 9 changes. Gus don't give a fuck.

Swansea-v-Sunderland-2471650.jpg

We've made 6!

It's like neither want to win. We even let our assistant manager run the FA cup games lol

rvy

Banned
I had a nightmare I was playing Killzone: SF with Wooden but we were the characters inside the game.

Shit was grimdark.

I was a regular soldier inside a building. A helghast boss kept coming after me, like those OP Dark Souls players that put the fear into you. This dude talked real greasy.

Wooden was riding a bike inside a building for some weird reason, had a black helmet and dressed like Trinity from the Matrix.

Match was over after the invaders released a machine that severed everything surrounding it.

3Sixty

19-year-old winger Sam McQueen is included in the squad for the first time. Sam has been with ‪#‎SaintsFC‬ since the age of nine and is from the same youth crop as Luke Shaw, James Ward-Prowse, Calum Chambers and Harrison Reed.

Based academy.

This kid looked real good a couple of years back, but had some weird injury that kept him out for ages. Would rather have seen him start tbh

pulga

Banned
at this point Bayern are closer to win la decima than RM :lol

looool this is why our country is in the gutters, educational system doesnt even teach them basic maths

try it with me

Bayern: 5 measly CLs.. 10-5 = 5

Madrid: 10-9 = 1

so, nope. still long ways to go before you're a massive club

Hixx

I can't understand why Southampton aren't really going for it. No threat of relegation, a very small chance of Europa League... this is really their last chance of a memorable season. Nobody is going to remember finishing 8th or 7th.

3Sixty

I can't understand why Southampton aren't really going for it. No threat of relegation, a very small chance of Europa League... this is really their last chance of a memorable season. Nobody is going to remember finishing 8th or 7th.

It is a bit odd. All the fans want us to go for it. Then again you still don't want needless injuries. Morgan and Cork were looking fucked Tuesday night. It's not exactly the worst line up I've seen outside of Kelvin and Hoovield.

looool this is why our country is in the gutters, educational system doesnt even teach them basic maths

try it with me

Bayern: 5 measly CLs.. 10-5 = 5

Madrid: 10-9 = 1

so, nope. still long ways to go before you're a massive club

So you're telling us United, Bayern, Juve, Barca, Milan, Liverpool, etc... aren't massive clubs?

i6LSaBCls5jEg.gif

Everybody, get this cunt!

jesalr

De Boer isn't in your fight.

De Boer told the BBC World Football Show: "Those two clubs [Tottenham and Liverpool] are clubs that I think in the future I could be a manager of. I think the history of the clubs and what you can do with the team is my cup of tea."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom