• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvy

Banned
7c69b87be283faea10fcf300b9b76ac2.gif

crying-in-reverse.gif

I can't be the only one without an ounce of hype for Titanfall. It just looks boring to me.

Looks like CoD with Mechs... Which I guess could be fun, but... Yeah... I'm not exactly hyped haha, will try it out if it's any good, otherwise it just looks like another boring twitchy shooter with mechs added in so you can tell the difference between that and the rest.

You probably think Battlefield 4 is boring too.

I like it... But lost all motivation to play it after that launch, everyone seems to have everything now while I have nothing, because my game kept crashing every 20 min before.

Suen

He finished the ant arc though before going on hiatus. What a shit arc that was. The videogame arc is still the best one.
The video game arc worse than the ant arc. Thought the ant arc was way better. Oh god I remember when they started describing all those cards in the video game arc and I was like "loooool fuck this shit". Anyway nothing beats the Yorknew City arc. That shit was so fucking good. My favorite along with the exam arc.

pulga

Banned
Of the bench?

It seems that footballers aren't the only ones without a brain.

there are these things called substitutions you know... have you heard about them?

do you even watch Madrid games or are you just talking out of your ass, like most posters on this here forum do concerning things about Madrid? Illarra has played plenty considering he's got Alonso and Modric ahead of him.

Isco and Illarra have done 17 and 16 appearances for Madrid in Liga. 5 and 6 in the CL, and they're both regulars in the CDR. Cristiano has done 21 in Liga and 5 in CL (that's less than Illarra if you can count!). So, that's rotting on the bench for you? Better not speak of things you're ignorant about.

faridmon

How far have they come? I haven't watched the new one. Been ages since I watched the old one and some years since I read the manga. Like... I remember they werent' done with the ant arc in the manga when I finished reading the latest chapters that were out......and as far as I know King Of Hiatus is still on a hiatus.

The Anime is at the Chimera ant at the moment they are doing the climax chapters
Gon is gonna going up to Pitou next week

The animation, the tension, the music, the art, everything have been upped in this chapter and is just bloody amazing show.

Suen

The Anime is at the Chimera ant at the moment they are doing the climax chapters
Gon is gonna going up to Pitou next week

The animation, the tension, the music, the art, everything have been upped in this chapter and is just bloody amazing show.
How does the rest of the anime compare with the old anime and the ovas? The old anime has a special place in my heart, it has a strong charm to it.

Zabojnik

I like it... But lost all motivation to play it after that launch, everyone seems to have everything now while I have nothing, because my game kept crashing every 20 min before.

February is player appreciation month, double XP, free battlepacks every day, etc. But yeah, the unlocking system sucks. Game is great fun though.

faridmon

there are these things called substitutions you know... have you heard about them?

do you even watch Madrid games or are you just talking out of your ass, like most posters on this here forum do concerning things about Madrid? Illarra has played plenty considering he's got Alonso and Modric ahead of him.

Isco and Illarra have done 17 and 16 appearances for Madrid in Liga. 5 and 6 in the CL, and they're both regulars in the CDR. Cristiano has done 21 in Liga and 5 in CL (that's less than Illarra if you can count!). So, that's rotting on the bench for you? Better not speak of things you're ignorant about.

Yep, that is rotting on the bench. If you can't start a game when you have the talent to so so, yes, you are wasting your talent.

rvy

Banned
Battlefield is fine, doing what they always do.

People claiming Titanfall will revolutionise gaming are insane. What are they smoking.

They bought a piece of hardware that is under-powered, over-priced, an affront to your rights as a consumer and that invades your privacy on a daily-basis.
I don't think being hyped for Titanfall is what really puts them over the top.

pulga

Banned
Yep, that is rotting on the bench. If you can't start a game when you have the talent to so so, yes, you are wasting your talent.

Nope, wrong. Maybe if you worded your initial post differently you'd be right, but you didn't.

Move along now, they clearly are not rotting on the bench.

They bought a piece of hardware that is under-powered, over-priced, an affront to your rights as a consumer and that invades your privacy on a daily-basis.
I don't think being hyped for Titanfall is what really puts them over the top.

My PC doesn't do all that.

L1NETT

Battlefield is fine, doing what they always do.

People claiming Titanfall will revolutionise gaming are insane. What are they smoking.

That is donkey bollocks, but people saying the hype is manufactured are equally as stupid.

From the makers of one of the best FPS for a loooong time, looks fun as balls, a slight shift from modern war shackles, people who have played it say it has that COD 4 addictive quality.

I ain't got a X1, or plan on paying for gold on my 360 but Titanfall (or have a proper good PC) looks like a bloody fun fucking videogame. In a tame opening to 2014, can't blame people who enjoy MP shooters (that's a lot of people) for getting excited. People saying the hype is artificial really cheese me off.

Eh

faridmon

How does the rest of the anime compare with the old anime and the ovas? The old anime has a special place in my heart, it has a strong charm to it.

It started quite shite, to b frank. They censored a lot of action in the first arc Hunter exam, and the animation was done poorly. The lightning as well as the camera manipulation was also, weirdly enough, underwhelming and sometimes annoying.

However, after that, they took the criticism to heart and upped the quality exponentially. Now you have a better production value and a more violent version than the original which cased the show to change its original slot (from Saturday to Wednesday evening).This caused the rating to drop and it makes MadHouse (The production house) lose money on it with each episode.

IN short, its one of the best produced Shonen shows ever.

Suen

I liked it because the videogame arc was just so random and fun. Okay, the Yorknew arc is probably the (undisputed) best one.
The only thing I liked about that arc was the volleyball game
though the whole thing about all of them pretending to be npcs in a game was crazy when it was revealed lol

faridmon

The only thing I liked about that arc was the volleyball game
though the whole thing about all of them pretending to be npcs in a game was crazy when it was revealed lol

Yeah, I hated that arc. It seems very silly in the hindsight, especially coming after the ultra gritty and serious Yorknew arc.

I really like the Chimera arc so far though, so I don't know why you lot are complaining.

pulga

Banned
:-(

I love this system but it's killing me.

Kind of like what you did in Serie A the past couple of seasons?

-30/10

don't make me bust out my childhood pics baby

it'll make you cry harder than the golden tie weeps for funds to salvage your shipwreck of a team

pulga

Banned
So Juve used to be your team when you were a child? I wonder what happened.

now you're not even making any sense

being crushed under the weight of powerhouses like Verona, Toro and Parma has clearly addled you head

watch out though...Genoa is coming and has one game less than you! Might wake up on Tuesday in 11th place! :O

tWoObfY.png

the horror

now you're not even making any sense

being crushed under the weight of powerhouses like Verona, Toro and Parma has clearly addled you head

watch out though...Genoa is coming and has one game less than you! Might wake up on Tuesday in 11th place! :O

tWoObfY.png

the horror

Why you keep talking about Milan? We suck this season, no one will argue that.

I'm just curious as to why you keep pretending to be such a big Juve fan when you watch La Liga instead of the Derby d'Italia. Just curiosity is all, no need to take it personal or get defensive.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

I'm just curious as to why you keep pretending to be such a big Juve fan when you watch La Liga instead of the Derby d'Italia. Just curiosity is all, no need to take it personal or get defensive.

1-Pulg lives in Roma
2-He was in a sport's bar watching both games simultaneously

pulga

Banned

well what the hell else am I supposed to talk about
KuGsj.gif

Are you serious? I was watching both, or did you somehow miss all my posts? Even if I wasn't watching both, Athletic vs Madrid was the bigger game as the chance to move to the second spot was on the table. Juve is 9 points above Roma, hardly the more pressing game to watch. Considering that, I had Juve on the TV and Madrid on the stream. Why is this seriously so hard to comprehend? :lol

1-Pulg lives in Roma
2-He was in a sport's bar watching both games simultaneously

nah didn't end up going to the pub, going out two days in the row has taken its toll on me. getting old sucks :(

GQman2121

Banned
i'm rooting for denver

they're the underdogs

what's wrong with them

They're not the underdogs. They have the #1 offense and their QB threw for more yards and TDs than anyone in the history of the sport.

Seattle does have the #1 defense and the refs do tend to let shit go in the SB more so than in any other game of the year. So it's kind of a wash.

well what the hell else am I supposed to talk about
KuGsj.gif

Are you serious? I was watching both, or did you somehow miss all my posts? Even if I wasn't watching both, Athletic vs Madrid was the bigger game as the chance to move to the second spot was on the table. Juve is 9 points above Roma, hardly the more pressing game to watch. Considering that, I had Juve on the TV and Madrid on the stream. Why is this seriously so hard to comprehend? :lol

I just don't fathom how someone can have two #1 teams, I am philosophically opposed to the idea and will always make fun of you for it, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom