• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikkun

Really wanted Mirko to score :( he looked DEAD.

to be fair he was always dead

Yeah and he was really close too, but he still did good in those 10 minutes and hopefully he won't get too sad about this transfer window. I'd like to see him in a 4-3-3 in EL, Conte might try something new to get ready for the next CL

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah and he was really close too, but he still did good in those 10 minutes and hopefully he won't get too sad about this transfer window. I'd like to see him in a 4-3-3 in EL, Conte might try something new to get ready for the next CL

he's still our best option for a 4-3-3, I agree!

Well if we won't experiment in fucking EL...then when?

Rikkun

he's still our best option for a 4-3-3, I agree!

Well if we won't experiment in fucking EL...then when?

Coppa Italia? No we're already out...

Against mid-table teams? No tonight we didn't...

Conte pls. Full steam to leave behind Roma and if we manage to get to the semifinals in EL plow that shit too, we're the best team for fuck's sake.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Coppa Italia? No we're already out...

Against mid-table teams? No tonight we didn't...

Conte pls. Full steam to leave behind Roma and if we manage to get to the semifinals in EL plow that shit too, we're the best team for fuck's sake.

maybe we shouldn't bother with EL. Roma are too good atm :/

You Under-estimate the wet and windy night at Stoke.

ij1jn8yZhv623.gif

Elchele

damn, every time I see wind in a football match it reminds me of the awful match vs. Fiorentina in Italy for CL 09/10. That was awful

K1LLER7

This season Manchester United’s entire complement of natural central midfielders have contributed one goal and one assist. It’s February. Now this isn’t a new issue, but the numbers are more startling that ever before. There are two reasons for this. Firstly, they are simply poor players playing badly or, in the case of Michael Carrick, a very good but ageing player upon whom we have been totally reliant in recent years, struggling with injury and being terribly out of form. But then who isn’t? Secondly, the midfielders we have simply do not get forward. Their first thought, in any circumstance, is to get the ball wide. Statistically we have crossed the ball more than any other side in the Premier League this season and rank 20th at attacking moves through the central channel. There can be no excuse that Moyes doesn’t have the players to play any other way. Stoke, Cardiff, Villa, West Brom, Allardyce’s West Ham, all play through the middle more than us.

;_;

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

What was most surprising was that Rooney kept making the same long ball regardless of how unsuccessful it was, every time the wind blew it off course and yet he kept on trying it.

How does the rest of the anime compare with the old anime and the ovas? The old anime has a special place in my heart, it has a strong charm to it.

The new anime started off worse imo but ultimately got better than the old one somewhere in the midst of Yorkshin arc, the only thing I prefer in the old anime now is Hisoka's voice I think the new anime is better all around especially its music.

faridmon

Haha yeah. The whole infiltration has been awsome. Can't wait to see how Gon V Pitou turns out. Also, looks like the King is bout to lay the smackdown on Netero and Co.

You watch One Piece? I started watching it recently, on episode 50 at the moment and it's pretty good. Got another 600 or so episodes to catch up lol.

The whole production value during the infiltration saga have been terrific, from directing to the narrator himself. Amazing way of building tension.

I really love one piece, but I have to say that some arcs are better than others. Some others are godly amazing, and there is some shite ones that just makes you wanna kill yourself. The horrible directing of the Anime doesn't help either. Are you gonna stick with it? You have some amazing and horrible time ahead of you my friend.

Instead, watch Samurai Flaminco man, bloody hell what a show!

K1LLER7

The whole production value during the infiltration saga have been terrific, from directing to the narrator himself. Amazing way of building tension.

I really love one piece, but I have to say that some arcs are better than others. Some others are godly amazing, and there is some shite ones that just makes you wanna kill yourself. The horrible directing of the Anime doesn't help either. Are you gonna stick with it? You have some amazing and horrible time ahead of you my friend.

I've enjoyed it so far, will try and stick through it. Enjoyed the Merman Arlong arc, on Episode 52 now. Luffy finds his way back to the execution ground and meets Buggy again.

Will check Samurai Flaminco out, also yet to watch the new Hajime No Ippo.

subtles

It's amazing an entire generation only knew Fergie. To many Fergie was United.
For a manager to be coaching a team while a generation was born and grew into their 20's is remarkable. The success however, makes it astonishing.

Samurai Flamenco has kind of fell off... It was so well put together in the beginning too. I'm still interested to see what they'll come up with next.

All the arcs are good, it is just some of them are otherworldly. The filler episodes are decent.

I am glad HxH is picking up. I haven't watched an episode since early December so should have a nice few to catch up on.

Although, the anime should only be watched after reading the manga.

Rikkun

Why? He took a league winning side to mid table mediocrity. If you put a random footy-gaffer in charge instead I find it hard to imagine that they would do that much worse.

I always giggle at your silly images but I don't really think it's that easy to be the next Fergie, Mourinho, Ancelotti or whoever you want to choose. I guess you'll have to keep him at least another year unless you riot in the streets.

Also, the real problem seems to be the person in charge of searching for new players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom