• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

Can't wait for the Liverpool game. Should be a fantastic game with so much on the line and neither team can afford to lose.

I think both teams can get by on a draw if Chelsea wins tonight. A win for either team would definitely be huge, but I can't see us getting it despite playing it at Anfield.

arturo-vidal-dive-against-real-madrid-a.gif%3Fw%3D600

Career-defining moment.

Lightning

Banned
I think both teams can get by on a draw if Chelsea wins tonight. A win for either team would definitely be huge, but I can't see us getting it despite playing it at Anfield.
I can't see us getting it either. A draw is the most likely outcome which I won't mind too much. If City beat Chelsea then we will really need to win but that will be a hard ask.

please dont try picking on Vidal just because you said something very, well, dumb.

GOAT midfielder

I'd consider the possibility that I'd said something dumb if you didn't have a propensity to work yourself into a frenzy over nothing :p

'Spectacular' was the wrong word to use since his scoring record is brilliant, but the point was fairly obvious, especially after my clarification which you conveniently overlooked in your bizarre desire to argue with everyone over everything. Particularly odd since the statement was clearly one of a personal foible rather than any discussion on Vidal's quality

pulga

Banned
I'd consider the possibility that I'd said something dumb if you didn't have a propensity to work yourself into a frenzy over nothing :p

'Spectacular' was the wrong word to use since his scoring record is brilliant, but the point was fairly obvious, especially after my clarification which you conveniently overlooked in your bizarre desire to argue with everyone over everything. Particularly odd since the statement was clearly one of a personal foible rather than any discussion on Vidal's quality

please keep pretending im the only one who called you out on it. your whole argument just fell through.

anyway, if you somehow conjured up in your head that Vidal should have Suarez like numbers that's on you. every other sane person on the planet wouldn't imagine such folly. keep your expectations in check and think before posting such ludicrous statements!

please keep pretending im the only one who called you out on it. your whole argument just fell through.

anyway, if you somehow conjured up in your head that Vidal should have Suarez like numbers that's on you. every other sane person on the planet wouldn't imagine such folly. keep your expectations in check and think before posting such ludicrous statements!

Jesus. Christ.

Vidal's goalscoring is spectacular considering his position, but it's fucking nothing compared to your ability to not only miss the point, but latch onto a completely different one and delude yourself into thinking its an attack on one of your teams

H13

dammit,i'm so nervous for tomorrow morning match..
City has never lost at home this season,right?
will eto'o score a hatrick again?
will lampard score again?
has schurlle played recently? never seem to see past few games.
gah so nervous
city has mercy :(

pulga

Banned
Jesus. Christ.

Vidal's goalscoring is spectacular considering his position, but it's fucking nothing compared to your ability to not only miss the point, but latch onto a completely different one and delude yourself into thinking its an attack on one of your teams

Oh. My. Allah.

Do you not realize these are points you made?

see this:

I swear every time Juve play and you guys talk about it, Vidal seems to score, but his goalscoring record is not spectacular.
@ Yurt, I mean spectacular as in Suarez or Costa numbers. Obviously its brilliant for his role

did not come out my mouth. why would Vidal have Suarez/Costa numbers? I'm not the one posting dumb expectations, hitcher!

pulga

Banned
Mourinho is just a next level piss taker though, it's all a bit rich coming from Chelsea. Must. Not. Take. The. Bait.

I love how he pretends he has a shit squad with zero budget. Classic Mou shtick trying to divert attention and put pressure off his players.

Oh. My. Allah.

Do you not realize these are points you made?

see this:

did not come out my mouth. why would Vidal have Suarez/Costa numbers? I'm not the one posting dumb expectations, hitcher!

I elaborated last night, but you ignored it so I'll say it again.

-Vidal is awesome.
-He seems to always score when I'm on gaf during Juve games
-This implies that his scoring record would be around 1-in-1, ala Suarez and Costa going by the law of averages.
-It isn't. Its not an attack on Vidal, its not a statement that he should score more, it was a fucking offhand comment on coincidence, poorly explained at first, but then turned into...well, I don't know what the fuck this is other than a pointless argument

The same way I watched 3 Pirlo games in a row in which he scored free kicks, yet he obviously doesn't score one every game. That's all it is ffs.

Mourinho is just a next level piss taker though, it's all a bit rich coming from Chelsea. Must. Not. Take. The. Bait.

You are taking the bait though, even came into the whatsapp spamming your random ramblings from here the other day lol. Inexperienced City PR, Mou owns you.

pulga

Banned
I elaborated last night, but you ignored it so I'll say it again.

-Vidal is awesome.
-He seems to always score when I'm on gaf during Juve games
-This implies that his scoring record would be around 1-in-1, ala Suarez and Costa going by the law of averages.
-It isn't. Its not an attack on Vidal, its not a statement that he should score more, it was a fucking offhand comment on coincidence, poorly explained at first, but then turned into...well, I don't know what the fuck this is other than a pointless argument

The same way I watched 3 Pirlo games in a row in which he scored free kicks, yet he obviously doesn't score one every game. That's all it is ffs.

Yeah, and it's absolutely dumb you thought something like that in the first place, Hitcher. Do you expect people not to make fun of such a left field statement? It's never been an argument, it's been us laughing at your unreasonable expectation and you getting your knickers in a twist over it. Let it go.

dc89

You are taking the bait though, even came into the whatsapp spamming your random ramblings from here the other day lol. Inexperienced City PR, Mou owns you.

He's just the biggest hypocrite going. Let's see if he comes and plays 19th century football tonight.

He's just the biggest hypocrite going. Let's see if he comes and plays 19th century football tonight.

I'm doing my best to ignore him, the media make it difficult though. He's a WUM, whose comments at training grounds up and down the country are probably shrugged off with a quiet muttering of 'what a tit lol' before everyone gets back down to business. But nope, Sky and the tabloids have to fill their time and inches with nonsense about mind-games.

did buy a new graphics card yet?

Not yet, but probably going to pull the trigger soon. 770gtx rather than 780gtx, will use the extra money I could have bought the 780gtx on to a new good office chair instead, current one is fucking broken and I'm moving atm, so want a new one!

kharma45

Not yet, but probably going to pull the trigger soon. 770gtx rather than 780gtx, will use the extra money I could have bought the 780gtx on to a new good office chair instead, current one is fucking broken and I'm moving atm, so want a new one!

Cop out.

Laboured will laugh at you.

GAF is still trying to make everyone pretend the game is actually good.

Or that the consoles were worth buying at all lol.

kharma45

Well I don't even really enjoy playing vidya games anymore. I just keep buying them and need something that can run them decently through the tutorial until I quit them again.

:lol

I know that feeling. That's why I've started to play properly through my backlog until I lose my free time. Shouldn't have picked Company of Heroes. 10 hours in and I've still not finished the first campaign.

Tutorials need downsampling too you know. Trust me, I'm an expert at watching crisply rendered tutorials.

They need mods too.

It's astonishing the amount of times I've played through the first hour of skyrim, after using 10 hours installing mods and getting right config going, just to realize the game is still shit.

But they, at least there's not dirt on the naked corpses anymore.

bjaelke

Ayre believed Konoplyanka would be heading to Merseyside after Liverpool triggered the 15million euros (£12.3million) buyout clause in his contract.

The Ukraine international passed a medical and agreed personal terms but Anfield officials say the transfer didn’t happen because Dnipro’s multi-billionaire owner Ihor Kolomoyskyi simply refused to sign the relevant paperwork.

Dnipro have challenged that version of events with their executive director Andriy Rusol claiming Liverpool failed to transfer the necessary funds on time.

However, the Reds deny that was the case and the ECHO has seen paperwork which confirms the full fee of 15million euros was transferred more than two hours before Friday’s 11pm deadline.
kololololhluj4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom