• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
iFYpMXdqjUQMa.gif

Kolo would fit in in Pro Fifa clubs, this shit happens all the time

Don't know what to say about Moyes really. There's an argument for sacking him, but it'll create as much short term dysfunction as keeping him would. Who, realistically, are we going to get at this stage of the season? The only person I can think of is Hiddink. Maybe come summer, if Atletico fail to capitalise on their position, coaches like Simeone and Klopp feel they've hit a glass ceiling and can be enticed somehow (before Milch shouts at me and says Klopp is going to stay until the end of his contract, in just hypothesising!)

I think we have to keep him until the end of this season at least, because there doesn't seem many alternatives. It's already a write off. We aren't getting fourth with or without him simply because I don't think we'll get anyone notably better until the summer.

I agree that there's no point in getting rid of him right this second, unless someone like Klopp was willing to drop everything and take the job immediately.

But yeah I'd be pretty happy if it transpires our board is already sounding out a top class replacement for the summer. A world class manager to go with the world class players we're supposedly chasing.

kharma45

Don't know what to say about Moyes really. There's an argument for sacking him, but it'll create as much short term dysfunction as keeping him would. Who, realistically, are we going to get at this stage of the season? The only person I can think of is Hiddink. Maybe come summer, if Atletico fail to capitalise on their position, coaches like Simeone and Klopp feel they've hit a glass ceiling and can be enticed somehow (before Milch shouts at me and says Klopp is going to stay until the end of his contract, in just hypothesising!)

I think we have to keep him until the end of this season at least, because there doesn't seem many alternatives. It's already a write off. We aren't getting fourth with or without him simply because I don't think we'll get anyone notably better until the summer.

Carlos Queiroz.

Tactically astute and Fergie said he was the best coach he'd ever worked with. He's Iranian manager at the minute but he could double job I'm sure.

Let me be clear once and for all: I have not a single shred of affection for the inbred troll, I just found it hilarious how you lot and your sinking boat could ever wanted to throw him out knowing the water is quickly rising.

I think it's an interesting idea to let Rooney go. Sure, you can say he's United's best/most important player, on paper. But we don't know if he's the right guy for this team and whether or not Rooney leaving could improve the team. And to be fair, it is pretty much impossible to tell from the outside.

Take a look at Freiburg in 2011/12, Papiss Cisse was their star player, scored like half of Freiburg's goals in the first 17 matches. Freiburg was still terrible and had hardly any points, almost certain to get relegated. Then they sold Cisse in winter and everyone thought, well, that's it, they're done. But selling Cisse improved the team spirit or whatever the hell it was and they finished comfortably in midtable.

Now, of course Freiburg and United are a whole lot of different and there's a huge gap in quality between Rooney and Cisse but it's interesting nonetheless.

pappe

AVB baby...

Carlos Queiroz.

Tactically astute and Fergie said he was the best coach he'd ever worked with. He's Iranian manager at the minute but he could double job I'm sure.

Good coach =/= good manager

Sources: See Muelensteen, Rene. See also Quieroz's managerial career.

Alternative sources: See the successor Fergie chose with regards to the accuracy of his claim.

AVB baby...

AVB is possibly the only manager I'd want less than Moyes. Fucking awfully turgid football.

I'd fucking love it if we got Klopp and let him do his thing with the insane summer budget we'll have.

#klopp4moyes #moyesout #yesmoyes

#FreeShinji

KLOPP IS GOING TO STAY UNTIL 2018 YOU MUG

bud

people like avb and quieroz seem like they'd be great assistants/coaches, but as a manager leading team? i just don't see it. they have no charisma. someone like avb has got to be most the boring person in football. great tactician, but imagine being a player and having to listen to him all day long. zzz.

edit: laboured, stop stealing my posts. please.

K1LLER7

I don't mind keeping him till the summer. Hell, he'll probably be United manager this time next year. I just want to see a change in style which gets the best out of our players. Move away from the constant wing play. Brendan Rodgers in his first year at Liverpool is a good example imo. Although they didn't finish top 4, he at least showed the team was changing it's style to one that is better to watch.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Can anyone name our good performances this season? I can think of Swansea, Arsenal and 20 minutes at Fulham.

Wilbur

Banned

kharma45

Alternative sources: See the successor Fergie chose with regards to the accuracy of his claim.

Whilst that is true about Rene Quieroz has at least had managerial experience albeit mostly international and was a brilliant assistant manager for us, although maybe that is where is talents lie rather than being a manager. He couldn't do any worse than Moyes has so far surely?

@Wilbur

Giovanni Trapattoni, Capello or Lippi!

Trapattoni was shit for Ireland. I don't want him after seeing what he did there.

Queiroz is an awful shout. Look at Rene :lol

You're awful.

Carlos has at least managed clubs (and mostly countries) before.

Can anyone name our good performances this season? I can think of Swansea, Arsenal and 20 minutes at Fulham.

Our two performances against Leverkusen really. First half at Fulham.

Even the Swansea and Arsenal games we looked a bit crap but managed to score when the chances presented themselves.

scently

AVB is possibly the only manager I'd want less than Moyes. Fucking awfully turgid football.

Lool, exactly. Strangley enough, a friend of mine said we should go for AVB and I replied exactly the same way. He is much more rigid/stubborn than Moyes, and incredibly petty too.

Whilst that is true about Rene Quieroz has at least had managerial experience albeit mostly international and was a brilliant assistant manager for us, although maybe that is where is talents lie rather than being a manager. He couldn't do any worse than Moyes has so far surely?

Trapattoni was shit for Ireland. I don't want him after seeing what he did there.

Why set the bar so low and get someone who is merely a bit better? Why not pull out the stops for someone who is excellent and playing good modern football.

kharma45

Why set the bar so low and get someone who is merely a bit better? Why not pull out the stops for someone who is excellent and playing good modern football.

I was of the feeling it'd be too late in the season to get someone like that and was thinking of someone to be a very short term fix until the end of the season.

I was of the feeling it'd be too late in the season to get someone like that and was thinking of someone to be a very short term fix until the end of the season.

Ah I see.

Tbh I'd say just get the season over with under Moyes then replace him in the summer.

But that would require our board to have foresight and be assertive.

Jack cw

He's a good ground zero manager. He'll sack everyone, sell the big stars and clash with the upper management on daily basis.
KuGsj.gif
He is by far the best coach in the world. Nobody has more knowledge about football. Too bad hes so stubborn.

D_prOdigy

I'm still a significant distance from the Moyes Out train.

But I sort of want to see how Chelsea fans would wibble if Mourinho dumped them to join us in summer.

Jack cw

We could go for Jupp Heyneckes, even if its just to steady the ship until some other (younger) manager becomes available.

I guess Heynckes wont do it again. He said in an interview lately that he's finished with coaching. I would love to see him though.

Feorax

Miss out on UCL next season? Look we are still just 7 points behind. No.4 is still achievable.

It is, but the turnaround in form you would need to get 4th is incredible.

The question really is whether 4th is achievable when your strategy is to have Mata or Carrick play the ball out wide to Valencia/Young every time you have possession so they can fling a hit and hope ball into the box?

pappe

Would getting Ancelloti in the summer be a good idea?? I think he might win the league and UCL with Madrid this season but he will still get dumped. I dont understand why Real fans hate him so much.

pappe

It is, but the turnaround in form you would need to get 4th is incredible.

The question really is whether 4th is achievable when your strategy is to have Mata or Carrick play the ball out wide to Valencia/Young every time you have possession so they can fling a hit and hope ball into the box?

Under Moyes we surely are not getting that turn around so wouldnt it be smarter to just cut our losses and dump him and get in a short term fix Hopefully manage to get the boost of the new manager and manage to secure 4th and then go for one of the best managers in summer?

scently

Would getting Ancelloti in the summer be a good idea?? I think he might win the league and UCL with Madrid this season but he will still get dumped. I dont understand why Real fans hate him so much.

Ancellotti might do, but going by his insistence on playing Benzema even though he is so bad while benching Morata and Isco....

pulga

Banned

it's just Turok and Suen hating on him you hyperbolic mango. Sure, maybe I'll call him a spaghetti slurping cockgobbler every once in a while, but he's doing a good job so far. I just find his tactical variants lacking at times and it drives me crazy.

Illarra for Jese
jbzcH0F5U6uMjI.png

Jack cw

Also:
hnnnggg

Thiago was incredible yesterday. I was in rage mode after Shaqiri destroyed that counter attack but what Thiago made out of it was stunning. To bad that Götze was a step to far ahead to get a better touch out of this. Still sick: over 1000 passes, 75% possession and Thiago had 185 touches...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom