• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Mourinho, well done.

What a performance from Chelsea.

Hazard is fucking incredible.

y1SLk.gif

Marc

"Make a rule that when players gets subbed they need to run out"

lol shut up Jan Mølby.

*gets subbed for having a broken leg*

"Fucking run then!"

Obviously he wasted time but would also be really tired too.

Job done for Mou, thought the game was lost when Negredo came off but Chelsea kept throwing away chances. He would have been perfect for those last ten minutes.

Well deserved win for Chelsea.

Will be interesting to see how Man City bounce back, what other setbacks have they had so far apart from the Bayern game?

What a performance, we shut them out, defended, rode a little bit of luck, but we also attacked, created and hit the post several times - could have come to regret those chances but thankfully we didn't.

Hazard was incredible, also thought Matic showed why we spent every penny of the £21m to bring him back.

How Nastasic wasn't sent off I will never know, if he hadn't been fouled it was Oscar and Hazard vs Joe Hart.

I said earlier I believed we could do it. Jose's one of the best managers in the world for a reason. We've beaten or drawn with all the top teams except Everton thats the sort of thing that wins you titles.

*gets subbed for having a broken leg*

"Fucking run then!"

Obviously he wasted time but would also be really tired too.

What makes it even funnier is the man who said it, I don't think Mølby has actually gotten into what people would consider a run with his obese body.

Suen

Arsenal top of the table! Arse-GAF, we can now believe in a title win again for a few weeks before we realize that our schedule will truly kill us and we beg our savior and lord Kim Källström to put an end to our misery.

pappe

The studio telecaster broadcasting in India brought Martinez.. Everton manager.. for technical analysis. He had some excellent input.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Mou managed this one nearly flawlessly. Impressive performance all-around by Chelsea.

Both Barca and City lost at home for the first time all season and fell from the top of table. Things sure have gotten interesting.

GQman2121

Banned
Hazard easily the MOTM for me. But Matic deserves a lot of praise as well. Toure is a monster and the Serb did all you could ask to check him in cech. Good attempt on goal too.

So what's up with the decision to play Demichelis in CM and then...not do anything to change it.

Awful awful decision and even worse that nothing was done about it.

Chelsea were amazing but Pellegrini gave up the CM and just took it.

Willian deserve a nod as well

I thought Willian needed to improve in the second half and he did. Very pleased with the team as a whole. Terry, Cahill, Azpili and Branna I thought all played well in different ways, JT once again showing why some people have said he's been the best defender in the league this season.

Arnie

Aye, Matic was fucking incredible. Not a team in the league that wouldn't benefit from a player like him, so I can't quite believe nobody else went in for him with an official bid.

Barzul

Arsenal top of the table! Arse-GAF, we can now believe in a title win again for a few weeks before we realize that our schedule will truly kill us and we beg our savior and lord Kim Källström to put an end to our misery.

If we beat Liverpool and United, I'll start believing even more that we can do it. I could care less about the Bayern games, just need to draw with City and Chelsea.

Meier

I was not at all confident once the lack of Ferna was confirmed. That was a back breaker. Great performance by Matic, really limited Yaya -- he was absolutely tired as a dog for the last 30 minutes or so. That was when he started to get grabby.

Surprised that Demichelis stayed on the entire time. Even if Milner and Rodwell aren't 100%, you would have thought they'd come on at some point just for the fresh legs (maybe to counter when Oscar came on).

Aye, Matic was fucking incredible. Not a team in the league that wouldn't benefit from a player like him, so I can't quite believe nobody else went in for him with an official bid.

Think it must have been a buy-back in his contract which kept the price as low as it was and facilitated the transfer. As I recall, Benfica claimed they'd turned down a 40m euro offer from him in the summer.

I thought we beat one of the Manchester clubs to him?

Just seen Matic is man of the match, deserved, Hazard might feel a bit upset. He'll be up there for player of the season if he can carry this on/

They probably sounded it out and soon found out he was going to Chelsea and nowhere else.

Clegg

Have to question Pellegrini's tactics in this game. Demichelis was getting exposed in midfield and Yaya wasn't giving enough support.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Absolutely zero eh? :)

To be fair that was before I saw the team sheet. Without Fernandinho City's midfield was utter shit, couldn't handle runners and far too sluggish. Yaya doesn't have the legs to run midfield on his own.

Respect to Mou, he nailed everything.

GHG

If we beat Liverpool and United, I'll start believing even more that we can do it. I could care less about the Bayern games, just need to draw with City and Chelsea.

It's all in our hands now. We even have some margin for error.

Only have ourselves to blame if we mess it up.

dc89

A wise man once told me "Each loss is a stepping stone to success. No one wins without failure."

I think when we look back on that game we will see City had the chances to score a few goals, as did Chelsea.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
So what's up with the decision to play Demichelis in CM and then...not do anything to change it.

Awful awful decision and even worse that nothing was done about it.

Chelsea were amazing but Pellegrini gave up the CM and just took it.
City didn't really have anyone to replace him due to injuries/fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom