• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
GhHGUgE.jpg

Miguel Delaney ‏@MiguelDelaney 17m

Man Utd play through centre of pitch: 09-10: 30% (5th in PL); 10-11: 29% (11th in PL); 11-12: 30% (6th); 12-13: 28% (8th); 13-14: 24% (20th)

It's what we all knew but it's incredibly damning nonetheless. We're bottom of the league for attacking through the middle.

Yen

Does anyone know how to stop my phone from syncing my text messages to my Outlook Email account? I just have dozens of confirmation texts from the local taxi firm and texts from my mammy in there, can barely find my emails.
Edit: NVM, I googled it like an unlazy person. There is a "Sync SMS" in Settings.

Barzul

Also if I was Man Utd, I'd ditch Moyes in the summer. He isn't going to get any better. He took the the PL champions from 1st to 7th. Has any other top team in Europe declined that rapidly?

Facism

How many teams are there who are currently happy with their owner/upper level management?

Outside of City and Chelsea who just have all the money in the world, I can't think of one clear team.

I wonder if this is the case around most of Europe too.

well, i'm happy Aziz Yildirim is in prison.

Wilbur

Banned
Won't change much unless Moyes changes the tactics.

Players as intelligent as them should be willing to, when playing together, do what they want. I always find it odd that grown men would strictly adhere to "play it out to the full backs" or whatever else their coach tells them, especially when they're players like Mata. He shout trust his own abilities and defy Moyes a bit, if it pays dividends then will he fucking care? Doubt it. Working on shape and counter and whatnot is fine, but if Moyes says "go through the flanks" and it isn't working, I'd like to think our players aren't fucking sheep dogs who don't think for themselves.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Players asunder himlligent as them should be willing to, when playing together, do what they want. I always find it odd that grown men would strictly adhere to "play it out to the full backs" or whatever else their coach tells them, especially when they're players like Mata. He shout trust his own abilities and defy Moyes a bit, if it pays dividends then will he fucking care? Doubt it. Working on shape and counter and whatnot is fine, but if Moyes says "go through the flanks" and it isn't working, I'd like to think our players aren't fucking sheep dogs who don't think for themselves.
Moyes is not worth dying for. They don't care about his 'approval'.

Vidal would turn into Vidalerely and party all night in London

Wilbur

Banned
Moyes is not worth dying for. They don't care about his 'approval'.

Vidal would turn into Vidalerely and party all night in London

What the fuck have you done to the start of my quote LOL

But that's the thing; if they're not playing for Moyes, or listening to his tactics, why are grown men that are known to have egos, being paid hundreds of thousands a week, not thinking for themselves on a football pitch? It's not a case of not having the options, because our four best players in those three positions behind the striker - Rooney, Adnan, Mata and Shinji are all far more comfortable playing through the middle, and you think that would be their natural inclination. So too to make runs and look for runners. I'm just at a loss as to why they - and the majority of footballers really - would stick so rigidly to a tactical plan that just doesn't work, instead of looking for answers themselves.

I know why Moyes sticks to it, because it's all he knows. But it's not all our players know, so I don't know why they don't think for themselves a bit.

Wilbur

Banned
Ahahahahaha I'm sorry Nathan <3 not feeling well haha

BeardedGenius is amazing, I really love him. But his footballing brain is as small as Scholes's testicles.

He's far too fond of himself.

And that's okay baby. Hope it isn't too serious.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's not, im fine :D

What the fuck have you done to the start of my quote LOL

But that's the thing; if they're not playing for Moyes, or listening to his tactics, why are grown men that are known to have egos, being paid hundreds of thousands a week, not thinking for themselves on a football pitch? It's not a case of not having the options, because our four best players in those three positions behind the striker - Rooney, Adnan, Mata and Shinji are all far more comfortable playing through the middle, and you think that would be their natural inclination. So too to make runs and look for runners. I'm just at a loss as to why they - and the majority of footballers really - would stick so rigidly to a tactical plan that just doesn't work, instead of looking for answers themselves.

I know why Moyes sticks to it, because it's all he knows. But it's not all our players know, so I don't know why they don't think for themselves a bit.
He's playing at least four players out of position.

That's almost half the team.

Please sack him.

Edit: did he even consider playing to their strengths instead of shoe-horning them all together?

Wilbur

Banned
He's playing at least four players out of position.

That's almost half the team.

Please sack him.

Not until the end of the season. Mi dispiace.

I'm still not entirely on the Moyes death squad, but there needs to be a real improvement between now and May. And he won't be sacked regardless.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^I'd still take him over any striker in the world. (Aside from Messi and Berardi)

Not until the end of the season. Mi dispiace.

I'm still not entirely on the Moyes death squad, but there needs to be a real improvement between now and May. And he won't be sacked regardless.
But I want to face United in the semis

This is not going according to Bukkake

Clegg

I'd be worried if that snippet about Moyes not spending enough time on attack in training is true. And he's also bought extremely poorly if he decides to just stick Mata out on the wing.

His 4 best attacking players are suited to playing through the middle but his system is based on wide play. It's not encouraging.

And he's also bought extremely poorly if he decides to just stick Mata out on the wing.

His 4 best attacking players are suited to playing through the middle but his system is based on wide play. It's not encouraging.
It's almost like I warned you this would happen.

Moyes won't change his system. Notwithstanding the fact that he wouldn't anyway, what manager that is losing too much suddenly decides to change the strategy they've always depended on?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
what manager that is losing too much suddenly decides to change the strategy they've always depended on?
a good one
It's almost like I warned you this would happen.

SHAKE!

would love to hear your take on this

What do you think the needs are in the summer? True wingers???

How many teams are there who are currently happy with their owner/upper level management? (Yurt note: Marotta, Paratici, Nedved and Agnelli!)

Outside of City and Chelsea who just have all the money in the world, I can't think of one clear team.

I wonder if this is the case around most of Europe too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Double post, I'm sorry but..

HOLY SHIT!

Fabio Quagliarella is essentially no longer a Juventus player, as he is now training separately from his teammates.

The striker rejected several transfer offers in January, including from Lazio and Cardiff City, but has no place in the squad now that Daniel Osvaldo has arrived from Southampton.

He was left off the UEFA squad list for the Europa League knockouts and according to Sky Sport Italia is now not even training with his teammates.

Quagliarella’s training sessions at the Vinovo ground are at different times to the others.

This is not a new situation, as the same treatment was given to Vincenzo Iaquinta when he rejected moves and was sitting out the remaining months of his contract.

In this case, Quagliarella’s contract runs until June 2015, but Lazio claim he has already given the all-clear to join them over the summe

he's getting Amauri'd! What a sad end to his story with us :(

confuziz

Banned
Dat Eredivisie level. You guys should watch Roda - Feyenoord. Your local amateur team isn't any worse than Roda. I'm serious.

Timurid

Why would inter fucking think of loaning out Ranocchia?!?!?!? I will never understand their management. Don't they play with 3 defenders too?!?!?

Looks like PSG is going to pry Lloris out of London and that opens the door for Fiore to grab Sirigu. Great move for both parties if it goes through. PSG gets a better and french keeper. While Fiore gets a massive improvement over Neto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom