• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT14| Juan Flew Into The Slug's Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
If we are going to focus on Wing play Navas would be sensational, he is like if Valencia had pace, could cross and wasnt ashamed of his week foot.

confuziz

Banned
Why would inter fucking think of loaning out Ranocchia?!?!?!? I will never understand their management. Don't they play with 3 defenders too?!?!?

Looks like PSG is going to pry Lloris out of London and that opens the door for Fiore to grab Sirigu. Great move for both parties if it goes through. PSG gets a better and french keeper. While Fiore gets a massive improvement over Neto.

I think Sirigu is a superb keeper. I don't think Lloris is any better tbh. De Gea perhaps, or Courtois.

Pretty annoyed Carroll's red wasn't overturned, but as "England's Greatest Referee" Howard Webb already refused to admit he'd made a mistake after reviewing the footage, I had guessed that the appeal wouldn't work. It's pretty funny, considering photos show that (given the direction Webb was facing) he could have only seen the incident out of his peripheral vision and relied on the linesman's judgement to make the call. The linesman who could only see the incident from directly behind. How conclusive.

Also, when it's so clear that a fucking scumbag like Flores has cheated, it's frankly farcical that no punishment can be applied to him after the fact and does far more to "bring the game into disrepute" than just about anything in the modern game. How is diving, play-acting, simulation, gamesmanship or whatever the fuck you want to call it ever going to go away if there's no fucking penalty for doing it? Swansea fans should be entirely embarrassed they have such a pathetic "professional" footballer under their clubs employ.

I'm just gutted (but entirely unsurprised) that this happened at the worst possible time for us - the next three games would have seemed very winnable on paper with Carroll in the squad, but not so much with the rest of our uncertain strike force. At least we shouldn't lose, but unless Borriello comes good or Carlton starts scoring, I feel a run of bore draws is imminent.

Fuck Ground Zeroes, cheeky cunts. Might buy Phantom Pain used because of this shite.

Has anyone actually watched the recent gameplay videos and thought 'awww yiss this looks awesome'?

Because I've watched them and found myself thinking 'oh they're trying to do Splinter Cell gameplay mechanics except in a really super janky manner'.

I really do think Splinter Cell has left MGS in the dirt in all things apart from story presentation.

Clegg

Has anyone actually watched the recent gameplay videos and thought 'awww yiss this looks awesome'?

Because I've watched them and found myself thinking 'oh they're trying to do Splinter Cell gameplay mechanics except in a really super janky manner'.

I really do think Splinter Cell has left MGS in the dirt in all things apart from story presentation.
The only Splinter Cell game I thought was better than any MGS is Chaos Theory. That was as close to perfect stealth as it gets imo.

In general, I much prefer MGS.

I beg your pardon?

iZmAqgpNJClCn.png

Stulaw

Pretty annoyed Carroll's red wasn't overturned, but as "England's Greatest Referee" Howard Webb already refused to admit he'd made a mistake after reviewing the footage, I had guessed that the appeal wouldn't work. It's pretty funny, considering photos show that (given the direction Webb was facing) he could have only seen the incident out of his peripheral vision and relied on the linesman's judgement to make the call. The linesman who could only see the incident from directly behind. How conclusive.

Also, when it's so clear that a fucking scumbag like Flores has cheated, it's frankly farcical that no punishment can be applied to him after the fact and does far more to "bring the game into disrepute" than just about anything in the modern game. How is diving, play-acting, simulation, gamesmanship or whatever the fuck you want to call it ever going to go away if there's no fucking penalty for doing it? Swansea fans should be entirely embarrassed they have such a pathetic "professional" footballer under their clubs employ.

I'm just gutted (but entirely unsurprised) that this happened at the worst possible time for us - the next three games would have seemed very winnable on paper with Carroll in the squad, but not so much with the rest of our uncertain strike force. At least we shouldn't lose, but unless Borriello comes good or Carlton starts scoring, I feel a run of bore draws is imminent.

Yep, I'm entirely sure it was just a decision to make sure that Howard Webb doesn't have any marks on his record that he's got the decision wrong, it's not the first time it's happened, and under the current FA board I'm sure it won't be the last.

Chico's dive reminds me of this.

rvy

Banned

So it's a good thing that GZ has some Chaos Theory in it.

If we are going to focus on Wing play Navas would be sensational, he is like if Valencia had pace, could cross and wasnt ashamed of his week foot.

He'd be a sub for Young and Valencia.

Plus he's a natural winger, we need more unnatural wingers to play on the wing.

Also just watch Moyes play the same shitty tactic/formation next week. He'll push this crap till it works.
It will never work unless he breaks all transfer records and buys a whole new team

L1NETT

Fuck Ground Zeroes, cheeky cunts. Might buy Phantom Pain used because of this shite.

The whole pricing system is fucked right now. I have no issue with them releasing a glorified demo, but at that price they can do one.

This pre E3/pre announcement season is quite dull imo. Couple of a cool games, but nowt that exciting. Wanna get a 3DS instead of borrowing and play the rest of the back catalogue but waiting till a new Advance Wars is announced until to jump on.

Oddly excited for Thief though.

confuziz

Banned
The whole pricing system is fucked right now. I have no issue with them releasing a glorified demo, but at that price they can do one.

This pre E3/pre announcement season is quite dull imo. Couple of a cool games, but nowt that exciting. Wanna get a 3DS instead of borrowing and play the rest of the back catalogue but waiting till a new Advance Wars is announced until to jump on.

Oddly excited for Thief though.

I've got around 20 games on Steam that I have yet to play. I'm good for now =D

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
He'd be a sub for Young and Valencia.

Plus he's a natural winger, we need more unnatural wingers to play on the wing.

Also just watch Moyes play the same shitty tactic/formation next week. He'll push this crap till it works.
It will never work unless he breaks all transfer records and buys a whole new team

If he seriously plays the same way against Fulham im not going to watch, I cant stomach neutering our good players to fit in two wingers who are not good enough to beat relegation candidates, that we have such attacking talent but we refuse to let it flourish is astonishing. It almost feels like sabotage giving Young and Valencia the ball.

Mastadon

Banned
:lol

@evilkagawa: I say to Moyes "Mourinho good at manage, why United choose you? Was it your sexy goblin face? Was it Moyes, was it?"

Hope I captain Sunday!

If he seriously plays the same way against Fulham im not going to watch, I cant stomach neutering our good players to fit in two wingers who are not good enough to beat relegation candidates, that we have such attacking talent but we refuse to let it flourish is astonishing. It almost feels like sabotage giving Young and Valencia the ball.

Well considering he never changes anything, I wouldn't expect a sudden turnaround against Fulham either. Got disappointed too often now. Mata just gets the Kagawa treatment it seems. Whats even worse, it's Fulham, so he might even squeeze a win out with those tactics, but it won't do any good in the long run...

what happened :lol

Btw, what's up with that MGS Ground Zero? are they charging for a fucking demo?!
Reading some of the reactions in the thread, its easy to figure why they do it. And why Microtransactions will prevail.

rvy

Banned
they're charging forty bucks for a four hour game.

disgraceful.

What do you mean? I've seen publishers charge 60 bucks for 5 hours games.

Let me see. Uncharted. Heavenly Sword. Gears of War. Kane & Lynch 2. Army of Two: The 40th Day. Mirror's Edge. To name a few.

We're just trying to save the Portuguese economy.

Maybe you should focus on stopping corruption in your own country then. And I hear the wealth is not really well-distributed over there.

L1NETT

Hope you are all (bar Bumhead) cheering on Sheff United to beat the Fulham Insomnia Solvers in the FA Cup replay tonight.

Rvy, that last sentence is such BS. Blanketing people like that is incredibly pointless.

rvy

Banned
you're right about that the series, but it should've been one game.

they're charging a hundred dollars for one game.

I really don't wanna wait another year to play some open-world stealth.

And publishers have sold dozens and dozens of games that last 5 hours or less for 20 bucks more than GZ will be sold.

I'm sorry, I just don't give a shit about all the whining. The same people who whine about this are the ones that buy day 1 DLC and pre-order the game from their favorite stores to get some dumb in-game item.

Hixx

@juliette_grace 17s
Statement says @GarryMonk16 will take up the reigns as head coach alongside current first team coach Alan Curtis for the foreseeable future.

This type of thing never works. Swansea to join Fulham for me now.

L1NETT

Laudrup's gone according to Collymore.

edit: Juliette Ferrington saying the same.

Huh

Personally I think that's incredibly short sighted. Toils of Europe and injuries are big factors in such a disappointing season

Unless they have a replacement lined up, poor move imo. Hope they don't regret it and do a Wolves/Wigan/Brum.

Yup, Guardian reporting it.

GARRY MONK

Idiots

Plasma

Banned
Clubs are so fickle sometimes he won the League Cup last year and this is how they repay him, why sack him now at least give him to the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom