• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
@Squawka: "Wake me up, Yaya Sanogo.
Don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo. Wake me up, Yaya Sanogo.
I don't want to miss it when you hit that high."

ibaNFzh2E1pwxx.gif

pulga

Banned
Here's MiLOL

Abbiati, De Sciglio, Rami, Bonera, Essien, Poli, Emanuelson, de Jong, Kaká, Taarabt, Balotelli

and Pathetico de Madrid

Courtois, Juanfran, Miranda, Godín, Insua, Gabi, Mario Suárez, Arda, Koke, Raúl Garcia y Diego Costa.

wedward

no Podolski? guess he'll be nice to have as an impact sub, if Wenger's willing to bring him on

strong team, otherwise though. I think we have a good chance. Sanogo is a gamble but his job is more to create space, so given he's faster and more physical than Giroud, can't hurt to start him. nowhere to go but up

Yup, rather have Sanogo than Giroud. Sanogo is mobile and has some pace.

Huge game for Jack. No excuses. He has to perform.

the characters are flat, the plot is incoherent and has zero tension because Frank has no worthy adversaries, the dialogue is nothing but tortured, heavy-handed allegories, the politics has zero resemblance to actual DC politics (not really a problem except when they use 'political' means to solve plot problems)

and I like House of Cards

Shit, just realised my question makes it clearly look like I was asking about HoC. I meant in general, though your answer carries across to the criticism as a whole anyway I guess :p

Like, so many David Cage threads, dozens of people just pop up and say 'the writing is bad, David Cage is a bad writer' and I don't have a clue if they're talking about plotholes, plot progression, character-building, logical actions, scriptwriting, cliche-avoidance, confusing sequence set-up etc.

'Bad writing' seems a bit of a lazy catch-all term for when people can't be bothered to elaborate properly on the many things that writing in those terms seemingly consists of

Strong starting XI , hope we can hit the ground running tonight, I've got a feeling Podolski is going in the summer though, he's been fit a while now and still not getting many starts despite scoring too.

After Leverkusen's absolute collapse last night, I'm not sure whether Bayern having such good form in the league is a reflection of their brilliance or a sad reflection on the German league.

So, that being said - I predict Arsenal 3 - 0 .

Adel Taarabt has gone, in a month, from severly underwhelming at relegation certainties and nothing-club Fulham, to starting a Champions League quarter-final for 7-time Champions and historic Italian powerhouse AC Milan

Does that say more about AC Milan, Fulham or Adel Taarabt?

Adel Taarabt has gone, in a month, from severly underwhelming at relegation certainties and nothing-club Fulham, to starting a Champions League quarter-final for 7-time Champions and historic Italian powerhouse AC Milan

Says more about his agent

Fergie

Banned

More commonly known as Moroccan Balotelli.

Arsenal fans pls never change. The moment Bayern score and your mindless optimism turns to mental breakdowns will be oh so entertaining

Danchi

No worse than Giroud's. Giroud can't take more than one touch without losing it.

That just isn't true though. People can lampoon Giroud for his finishing and pace all day, but his close-control is one of his strengths. He holds the ball up well and plays one-twos with the attacking three very well.

jackwilshiregoal.gif

Feorax

That's a hell of a shown of faith to play Sanogo. He did well at the weekend, but Bayern is a different proposition entirely.

He probably is Arsenal's best bet though. Giroud is probably fucked both physically and mentally at this point, given everything that he's had to do this season and is now dealing with personally.

I wonder if he'll be starting quite a few league games from now on?

Kinda like a kid believes in Santa Claus. How cute!

Arsenal are a far better team than they were this time last season, and they still managed to win in Munich.

I'm not an Arsenal fan at all, but people are putting them down as massive under dogs undeservedly.

...plus I want to see an upset

Tc91

I'm going to say it now so I don't have to look at the thread when Bayern-GAF start spamming pics/gifs.

Congrats on the win Bayern.

jtb

Banned
That's a hell of a shown of faith to play Sanogo. He did well at the weekend, but Bayern is a different proposition entirely.

He probably is Arsenal's best bet though. Giroud is probably fucked both physically and mentally at this point, given everything that he's had to do this season and is now dealing with personally.

I wonder if he'll be starting quite a few league games from now on?

if he can stay fit, I can see Wenger sticking with him for the foreseeable future. but that's a big if; has a pretty terrible injury history

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Wenger's gone fucking mad, Sanogo is never going to touch the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom