• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
honestly, any result that isn't a crippling rout would be a good result imo. if we don't have to chase the game in Germany, we'll be in good shape. obviously we're not favorites for the game or the tie, but that doesn't mean we don't have the ability to go through. Bayern are better but it's not like the better team always qualifies. I'm optimistic.

most important thing is to not chase the game in the home leg. there's a lot of football left; no need to open ourselves up and panic because then we will ship goals and lots of them

Blablurn

Me da bought me this for Wembley

plsunderstands8fsmj.png

Gosh it's so pretty :3

Collars 4 life

I like those classic themed shirts. I have one of Bayern too. Costed me 30 or 40€ but worth it.

jtb

Banned
Giroud is a terrible finisher anyways. if Sanogo can harass the Bayern CBs and create some space for the midfielders, then that'll be more than Giroud was doing anyways.

Elchele

Once del #FCBayern en Londres: Neuer - Dante, Thiago, Martínez, Mandzukić, Robben, Boateng, Götze, Lahm (C), Alaba, Kroos. #AFCFCB

HOLY SHIT; Lahm as RB, Javi as DM!

FootballFan

Once del #FCBayern en Londres: Neuer - Dante, Thiago, Martínez, Mandzukić, Robben, Boateng, Götze, Lahm (C), Alaba, Kroos. #AFCFCB

HOLY SHIT; Lahm as RB, Javi as DM!

Pep is playing it safe instead of his usual crazy shit. =/ Hope it works out..

This is probably very stupid to ask, but what exactly do people mean when they say 'the writing was bad' like Wilbs does for HoC?

Plot progression and actions, script, or both? Or something else entirely?

Lightning

Banned
I agree. plus, Wenger started Theo in the home leg last season so it wouldn't be totally out of the question for Wenger to roll the dice in hopes of an upset
Good for Sanogo.

Giroud needs focus on his performances instead of all the other shit he's currently busy with. My view from yesterday still stands, he's a king sized cunt.

jtb

Banned
This is probably very stupid to ask, but what exactly do people mean when they say 'the writing was bad' like Wilbs does for HoC?

the characters are flat, the plot is incoherent and has zero tension because Frank has no worthy adversaries, the dialogue is nothing but tortured, heavy-handed allegories, the politics has zero resemblance to actual DC politics (not really a problem except when they use 'political' means to solve plot problems)

and I like House of Cards

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Martin: You wonder ever if you're a bad man?
Rust: No I don't wonder Marty. The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door.

Rust: This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading.

jtb

Banned
no Podolski? guess he'll be nice to have as an impact sub, if Wenger's willing to bring him on

strong team, otherwise though. I think we have a good chance. Sanogo is a gamble but his job is more to create space, so given he's faster and more physical than Giroud, can't hurt to start him. nowhere to go but up

pulga

Banned
Martin: You wonder ever if you're a bad man?
Rust: No I don't wonder Marty. The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door.

Rust: This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading.

itRtKmRmhuQrn.gif

you're too vanilla to appreciate rust's ramblings baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom