• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
Grabs his shin and goes straight down.

Because he was hit in the shin?

ibvM7Wv4FcuDxm.gif

If he was playing for us and that happened, he'd be receiving treatment for ten weeks.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
No, you're right. Leagues are much better when it's just one or two teams winning every match and it's only actually exciting when they play each other.
But the EPL is a two team league (Chelsea-City), if you think Arsenal has a shot at the title I have a castle to sell you.

K1LLER7

So Moyes can bench him for Giggs, Fletcher and Clevgod?

I seriously can see Moyes thinking Kroos is another Carrick, but won't dare play both at the same time.
Hope not.

I don't think we have a chance of signing him though. Bayern will offer a new contract.

we'll make you proud tomorrow. <3 Against Trab-something*.

*I'll definitely remember their name after they shit on Conte's wig
Giovinco will play > I'll watch > He'll score > Juventus win > Conte can use the same wig for the return leg ;)

Moobabe

But the EPL is a two team league (Chelsea-City), if you think Arsenal has a shot at the title I have a castle to sell you.

Man United won it last year, but don't let facts get in the way. You keep going!!

You have to remember that a bad spell for Barca is being top of the table.

#bestleagueintheworld

Perfect.

LOOOL

are you saying it's possible to win the best league in the world WITHOUT a coach?

*dead*

Even better!

Meier

Both games were reasonably level, 2 moments of utter stupidity from Demichelis and Chesney have made the league look like a pile of shite :p

Kroos' stats :O

I thought we played very well even after the red card. We were still attacking and had a few great chances in the 2nd half.. Clichy's fuck-up and a few fantastic saves from Valdes didn't help. The real culprit for us was the actual penalty being given. Even with the red I think we would have been fine.

nawz

Banned
In the words of Steve Perry

DON'T STOP BELIEVING.

I like the optimism though, it's refreshing haha

Everyone thought Bayern would spank us at the allianz last season. Did they? No.

We will fight. We will tackle. We will track. We will pass. We will score. WE WILL WIN!

CMMMOOONNN YOUUUU FUUUCCKKKIIINNNG GOOOOOOONNNEEEERRRSSSSS!!!!!!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Didn't you win the league last season with "no coach"?
Because the quality of La Liga is comparable to Bundesliga and Madrid was terrible last season in the league. We were garbage, we couldn't beat a big team last season.

Slizz

Hope not.

I don't think we have a chance of signing him though. Bayern will offer a new contract.

Giovinco will play > I'll watch > He'll score > Juventus win > Conte can use the same wig for the return leg ;)

I know, I'd rather just talk indirect shit about Moyes than think about signing Kroos. Thiago wounds still fresh even with Mata.

rvy

Banned
LOOOL

are you saying it's possible to win the best league in the world WITHOUT a coach?

*dead*

You guys are fucking cunts, he wasn't coming back from this path until you started mentioning it. We could have had a most enjoyable 15 minutes.

Moobabe

best club in best league in the world can't get out of CL group stage :lol

Man United are playing next week in the knockout stages? You guys are either completely idiotic or trying way too hard - both?

Because the quality of La Liga is comparable to Bundesliga and Madrid was terrible last season in the league. We were garbage, we couldn't beat a big team last season.

So the quality is... shit? You won the league because ONE other team played poorly, but lost 7-0 to a team of "comparable" quality? Come on guys

Dark Rider

Why are you celebrating a Patético goal?

You know they'd fuck your mother and piss on her corpse if they had the chance, right?

As we would do them. However I'd like to see the other Spanish teams advance than others. Tomorrow I hope for Valencia and Sevilla to deliver :p

This red card/penalty thing is BS.

Robben has been denied a goalscoring opportunity, he gets a penalty. Why should Chesney not be punished for yet more terrible decision making?

Why should Demichellis not get sent off for taking down Messi yesterday?

When we played United last season under RDM, why should Branna not have been sent off for taking down Ashley Young?

The player has to be punished. If Chesney, and Demichellis are allowed to get away with it, and stay on the pitch then they will do it again.

Imagine if that was a Bayern penalty, no red for Chesney, he saves it. 10 minutes later, Robben bombs in again, Chesney thinks to himself, I can get away with this. He does the same thing again, because he knows he won't be sent off, or maybe he does get sent off. Thats incredibly unfair on Bayern too.

Why should he be allowed to make that error twice? He shouldnt, he should get sent off, he should miss 3 matches and he should lump it because no-one put a gun to his head and told him to go and take Robben out.

You cannot give professional footballers the chance to be repeat offenders on this sort of thing. Imagine how many players would get a JT knee up the backside like Sanchez or whoever it was did at the Nou Camp in 2012. He thought he would get away with it, he didn't, he got (rightly) sent off and it cost him the chance to play in the CL final.

Diving is no different. Players get away with it because the repercussions are that players get a bit of stick. Doesn't matter to WBA though that Rami earnt that penalty against them that he gets some stick. Steve Clarke is out of a job, imagine where he would be if the ref hadnt given it. Everyones only kicking off because its against the English teams. If Alaba or Dante had been sent off for a similar thing, no-one would be complaining. If Arsenal had gone to score 2 goals, it would be "clinical Arsenal knock down the defending champions" not "Bayern had a player sent off and Arsenal did what they should have done" (Nothing against Arsenal specially)

Banning players for their stupid decisions is the only way to get them to tow the line and keep them in order. Unfortunately even then it doesn't always work.

rvy

Banned
Everyone thought Bayern would spank us at the allianz last season. Did they? No.

We will fight. We will tackle. We will track. We will pass. We will score. WE WILL WIN!

CMMMOOONNN YOUUUU FUUUCCKKKIIINNNG GOOOOOOONNNEEEERRRSSSSS!!!!!!

jEteMaYLmK4IK.png
jEteMaYLmK4IK.png

dis guys is for real, lol

best club in best league in the world can't get out of CL group stage :lol

Chelsea couldn't finish higher than sixth (that is under Newcastle lol) and yet they won Champions League over teams like Barcelona (who played against 10 min for a loong time) and Bayern.

See I can make stupid ass points too.

faridmon

Of course he did. But he could have stayed on his feet. He lands with one foot, has his balance and then just drops to the ground.

You really think he will stay on his feet?

Really?

This red card/penalty thing is BS.

Robben has been denied a goalscoring opportunity, he gets a penalty. Why should Chesney not be punished for yet more terrible decision making?

Why should Demichellis not get sent off for taking down Messi yesterday?

When we played United last season under RDM, why should Branna not have been sent off for taking down Ashley Young?

The player has to be punished. If Chesney, and Demichellis are allowed to get away with it, and stay on the pitch then they will do it again.

Imagine if that was a Bayern penalty, no red for Chesney, he saves it. 10 minutes later, Robben bombs in again, Chesney thinks to himself, I can get away with this. He does the same thing again, because he knows he won't be sent off, or maybe he does get sent off. Thats incredibly unfair on Bayern too.

Why should he be allowed to make that error twice? He shouldnt, he should get sent off, he should miss 3 matches and he should lump it because no-one put a gun to his head and told him to go and take Robben out.

You cannot give professional footballers the chance to be repeat offenders on this sort of thing. Imagine how many players would get a JT knee up the backside like Sanchez or whoever it was did at the Nou Camp in 2012. He thought he would get away with it, he didn't, he got (rightly) sent off and it cost him the chance to play in the CL final.

Diving is no different. Players get away with it because the repercussions are that players get a bit of stick. Doesn't matter to WBA though that Rami earnt that penalty against them that he gets some stick. Steve Clarke is out of a job, imagine where he would be if the ref hadnt given it. Everyones only kicking off because its against the English teams. If Alaba or Dante had been sent off for a similar thing, no-one would be complaining. If Arsenal had gone to score 2 goals, it would be "clinical Arsenal knock down the defending champions" not "Bayern had a player sent off and Arsenal did what they should have done" (Nothing against Arsenal specially)

Banning players for their stupid decisions is the only way to get them to tow the line and keep them in order. Unfortunately even then it doesn't always work.

And this!

K1LLER7

I know, I'd rather just talk indirect shit about Moyes than think about signing Kroos. Thiago wounds still fresh even with Mata.
Lol yeah. Want Moyes gone asap. But hopefully the summer is a good one.

Arsene doesn't like the style of Ozil's pen.....Why does he take the penalties then?!

fuenf

Why bring the 7-0? We didn't have a coach back then.

The biggest difference between Bayern and Barca is that Bayern plays far more physical and with much more stamina. Bayern is the absolute worst matchup possible for Barca, Barca can't outplay them like they are used to and can't match up with them physically.

It's no coincidence that Bayern usually struggles during the first 15 minutes, because currently the only way to beat Bayern is to go all our in the first few minutes of the game, hope to score 1 or 2 goals and proceed to park the bus. Barca won't be able to do that, without conceding a lot of on the other end. Even without being down to 10 (9) men Arsenal would've run out of gas in the second half.

Imo PSG / Real / Chelsea have a far better shot at beating Bayern than Barca.

Of course he did. But he could have stayed on his feet. He lands with one foot, has his balance and then just drops to the ground.

Robben running full pelt in one direction and landing on one leg while Schez running out full pelt as well impacting his one standing leg, and he's meant to stay on his feet. Incredible.

EducatedDevotedBedlingtonterrier.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You guys are fucking cunts, he wasn't coming back from this path until you started mentioning it. We could have had a most enjoyable 15 minutes.

rvy i can't control myself im sorry'

I'm just mad I cancelled my plans for that shitty game

I feel like we pushed "EPL" so far that we only have ourselves to blame.

Should have known the idiots in this thread would come home to roost.

Slizz

Lol yeah. Want Moyes gone asap. But hopefully the summer is a good one.

Arsene doesn't like the style of Ozil's pen.....Why does he take the penalties then?!

I know exactly why.

Nobody on the pitch that'd be able to tell Ozil otherwise. If Podolski was on he might have been the only one. Merte being captian and trying to pull rank doesn't work cause he wouldn't be taking the PK, he'd be picking another guy.

Wilshere probably should have stepped up. Or Cazorla.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Robben running full pelt in one direction and landing on one leg while Schez running out full pelt as well impacting his one standing leg, and he's meant to stay on his feet. Incredible.

EducatedDevotedBedlingtonterrier.gif

I think I'm dying

the only explanation for my heart beats slowing down reading this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom