• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

Martinez was useless in the first half. Thiago wasn't really feeling well at the wing either.

obviously, he doesn't work in a 4-3-3 as lone DM. He only works in 4-2-3-1 with other DM next to him. We started the match with 4-3-3 and ended up with a Heynckes' 4-2-3-1.

We have been playing 4-2-3-1 since/after the Stuttgart match and we have played our best football under Pep with that formation. His only problem with it is the lack of space for Thiago

this was easily our worst match since the winter break

I think it's Madrid's year this year. Genuinely. Anyone but Man Utd or Chelsea pls
I'm going for Madrid too.

But I've said that 3 years in a row.

Saddest thing about tonight was seeing in person how good Kroos was, total domination, excellent passing and shooting, absolutely no way we can get him in the summer.
hes just after a new contract which pays him the same as their other star players, and you can see why.

Put it out of your mind.

rvy

Banned
It pains me deeply that the market is close, I so want a reason for someone to post the Arsene goes shopping gif.

Suen

Arsenal came close last time after being 2 down.

Not out of the question, but incredibly difficult.
Chesney is out, by the time we've scored two they've probably scored at least one goal. If they aren't stupid then they won't underestimate us like they did last season which will just make it all harder for us.

Lots of baffling decisions in this match. Özil taking the penalty, Alaba taking the penalty after playing like shit the whole match, Pep's tactics, etc.

Martinez further up the pitch than Kroos and Thiago was the strangest one. Doesn't make sense at all and very surprised to see that. Pep did a lot of crazy shit at Barca but I did not see him playing Xavi and Iniesta/Fabregas behind Busquets, which is pretty much what he did with Martinez today.

rvy

Banned
Carregher: "CL game turned into a training session."

BVuRpPAIUAAQibe.jpg

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Two top EPL clubs getting shat on in the CL. This is the best league in the world?

Edit: beaten.
I still wanted to make this post.

Ozil is hilarious, Flamini arguing with him says it all.

Sanogo doesn't look like a player ready for champions League at all, the least he could do would be not being the laziest guy on the pitch.

Chesney? Well... He's not the smartest guy is he? And fucking lol to anyone saying that wasn't a red.

Yet again wenger being cheap and refusing to buy a forward and his love for players that are absolute idiots costs arsenal... And it's still funny.

King_Moc

Banned
Two top EPL clubs getting shat on in the CL. This is the best league in the world?

Edit: beaten.
I still wanted to make this post.

No, you're right. Leagues are much better when it's just one or two teams winning every match and it's only actually exciting when they play each other.

fuenf

Lots of baffling decisions in this match. Özil taking the penalty, Alaba taking the penalty after playing like shit the whole match, Pep's tactics, etc.

Martinez further up the pitch than Kroos and Thiago was the strangest one. Doesn't make sense at all and very surprised to see that. Pep did a lot of crazy shit at Barca but I did not see him playing Xavi and Iniesta/Fabregas behind Busquets, which is pretty much what he did with Martinez today.

just like I said:

don't worry there's still the possibility that Javi will play the 8 and Thiago the 6. ;)

Javi actually surprised me at CB but his performance in midfield was crap. Sure Kroos was great but imo Neuer should be MotM, he saved our asses multiple times.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Moyes pls.

Juventus was my 2nd team this year. Conte pls

Kroos MOTM. Absolutely brilliant today.

we'll make you proud tomorrow. <3 Against Trab-something*.

*I'll definitely remember their name after they shit on Conte's wig

L1NETT

Best League in the world, amirite?

Yup tis. Quality post by the way :)

---

Wedward pls. Hundred thousand times a red.

And bang on Wooden, his stubborness in a) not resting his huge investment, Ozil looks beyond jaded and b) not signing a good proven back up striker cost them here.

Phanta

As ever, our shit defence cost us the game. Abate's pathetic excuse for a clearance falling into the path of a completely unmarked Costa.

Story of our season.

I want to look at the positives but I'm too depressed.

Probably best game all season and they still lose... :[

Both games were reasonably level, 2 moments of utter stupidity from Demichelis and Chesney have made the league look like a pile of shite :p

Kroos' stats :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom