• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
the German penalty angle shouldn't count when the player is up another German.

well technically he isn't 100% German
3AQmK.gif

rvy

Banned
Giroud should teach lolzil that he needs to occupy himself cheating on his wife instead of smoking.
Having sex before games is great for your confidence. Romário invented it.

pulga

Banned
Everyone will ignore this.

as if running like a headless chicken proves anything

show me his assists, key passes, touches, pass completion %, etc etc

well

dont bother

only time he bothered to show up he completely bottled the tie lololol

Zabojnik

Except Arnie is wrong. He says he doesn't cover enough ground. He covered the 3rd most ground of anyone on the pitch tonight.

Wedward pls. Just admit he's brass and ...

arsethrow.gif

ARE WE READY FOR TOMORROWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

no

I know I am, not sure about the team. At the very least the tie won't be over after tomorrow's game. I'm 99% sure of that. 3-5-fucking-2 which doesn't really work in Europe, Isla and Peluso, Chiellini and Barzagli missing ... yeah. We might even lose, honestly.

FootballFan

Fortunately I don't need to cheer for a team that embarrassed a team I follow by a 7-0 trashing. Go back and sleep FF.

The thing is they outplayed us last season. They were hungry for the victory and deservedly won. I have nothing against Bayern or their fans. Like I said before Wilshere losing a match is always a positive.

Also the thing with people who support more than one team, is that your joy is muted when you win and the despair lessened when you lose.

"Oh well my number 1 team lost, lets hope my team 2 can win their game. And if that doesn't work out, at least I still have team 3 left in the competition."
"Please don't let Team 1 get drawn with Team 2, I want them both to go far."

/dead

Congrats Bayern GAF on another deserved and hard fought victory. But I would still say that the Barca tie and Bayern tie are definitely not decided by the 1st leg results. Another very difficult 90min to come for Barca, lets hope we do not screw it up.

GorillaJu

Ozil runs a lot, it's his apparent lack of conviction that people notice, not his lack of ground covered. Besides, the team with 10 men and less possession is always going to cover more ground. The ball moves much faster than a person.

Blablurn

The thing is they outplayed us last season. They were hungry for the victory and deservedly won. I have nothing against Bayern or their fans. Like I said before Wilshere losing a match is always a positive.

Also the thing with people who support more than one team, is that your joy is muted when you win and the despair lessened when you lose.

"Oh well my number 1 team lost, lets hope my team 2 can win their game. And if that doesn't work out, at least I still have team 3 left in the competition."
"Please don't let Team 1 get drawn with Team 2, I want them both to go far."

/dead

Congrats Bayern GAF on another deserved and hard fought victory. But I would still say that the Barca tie and Bayern tie are definitely not decided by the 1st leg results. Another very difficult 90min to come for Barca, lets hope we do not screw it up.
Thanks <3 visca barca. Mes que un club.

arkon

He lightly jogs for 90 minutes. Stat explained, and it makes sense when combined with people looking at and judging his workrate with that exceptional opinion-former, their own fucking eyes used in conjunction with the brain

He's covering more distance than most other players on the pitch in the same timeframe. If he's lightly jogging so is everyone else.

spidye

Lots of baffling decisions in this match. Özil taking the penalty, Alaba taking the penalty after playing like shit the whole match, Pep's tactics, etc.

Martinez further up the pitch than Kroos and Thiago was the strangest one. Doesn't make sense at all and very surprised to see that. Pep did a lot of crazy shit at Barca but I did not see him playing Xavi and Iniesta/Fabregas behind Busquets, which is pretty much what he did with Martinez today.

actually that make s lot of sense. we played like this against dortmund too

pep plays mandzukic in front and martinez behind him and a lot of long balls to those two. becuase of their strength in the air they try to win the ball create chances right in front of the goal

that's why we played a lot of long balls against dortmund and arsenal
with a little more success against dortmund though ;)

Ozil runs a lot, it's his apparent lack of conviction that people notice, not his lack of ground covered. Besides, the team with 10 men and less possession is always going to cover more ground. The ball moves much faster than a person.

Usain Bolt can probably run faster than Coutinho can kick a ball :p

Elchele

actually that make sense. we played like this against dortmund too

pep plays mandzukic in front and martinez behind him and a lot of long balls to those two. becuase of their strength in the air they try to win the ball create chances right in front of the goal

that's why we played a lot of long balls against dortmund and arsenal
with a little more success against dortmund though ;)

it makes no sense to play such stupid tactics. It only makes us vulnerable and ruins the fluidity of the team. We should have played against Arsenal with the same tactics we've been using in the last month

Pep sometimes tries to much to reinvent the wheel over and over. Hope he leaves after his second season, and makes room for Erik ten Hag

He's covering more distance than most other players on the pitch in the same timeframe. If he's lightly jogging so is everyone else.

Eh? Most players have sporadic sprints, jogs, walks and phases where they merely hold position, while Ozil is constantly in the category between walk and jog, for the entire 90 minutes aside from about 5 times a game where he sprints. Part of that is due to his position, constantly trying to find space, and having teammates run ahead of him to exploit his passing.

A lot of the time it seems like genuine laziness though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom