• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvy

Banned
Eh? Most players have sporadic sprints, jogs, walks and phases where they merely hold position, while Ozil is constantly in the category between walk and jog, for the entire 90 minutes aside from about 5 times a game where he sprints. Part of that is due to his position, constantly trying to find space, and having teammates run ahead of him to exploit his passing.

A lot of the time it seems like genuine laziness though

It's not laziness, his lungs are black.

pulga

Banned
Eh? Most players have sporadic sprints, jogs, walks and phases where they merely hold position, while Ozil is constantly in the category between walk and jog, for the entire 90 minutes aside from about 5 times a game where he sprints. Part of that is due to his position, constantly trying to find space, and having teammates run ahead of him to exploit his passing.

BUTT HISS TEH THURD PLAYER WITH MOIST COVURED GROUND M8

L1NETT

Not probably pertinent, but the Daily Fail posted a good piece about how George Green is potentially the next Wayne Rooney/ Ross Barkley and since his move from Bradford to Everton has been performing tremendously for the youth squads.

Really really like the kid, hope he gets loan and potentially first team minutes in the next few years.

Also interesting how Spurs had him wrapped up before Moyes came in and had a private word and convinced him to go there.

Hopefully he has some tasty clauses so we get dem monies like we do from Wisdom and Cleverley.

Suen

You brought this on yourselves.

You asked for this.

lolzil-3c3jja.gif
YES :LOL! Thank you!

Clegg

Ozil covers a fair bit of ground. Thats what the stats say.

But when you look at the game you see that he's contributing nothing.Arsenal were on the back foot for the entirety of the second half and Ozil was usually tracking back into a left backish position. But when you ask him to put in a shift defensively, he just doesn't want to know. I completely understand that your attacking midfielder shouldn't be asked to put in a massive defensive showing, but when you're a man down priorities must change.

He looked disinterested tonight.

Why would he try and stop someone from scoring? You are making it seem like Szh ran off the line with the plan of taking Robben out.

He came rushing out to the ball, he's the goalkeeper he has to know if he misses he is probably going to get sent off.

The match rested on his shoulders in that moment, he went out, he gambled and he missed.

It wasn't deliberate but also players do do it deliberately (see Suarez at the last WC), but his decision making is something that has largely been the problem with his game for a long time, now its probably cost the tie. He needs to take this opportunity to learn from his mistakes, he won't do that if he can't control that side of his game.

spidye

it makes no sense to play such stupid tactics. It only makes us vulnerable and ruins the fluidity of the team. We should have played against Arsenal with the same tactics we've been using in the last month

Pep sometimes tries to much to reinvent the wheel over and over. Hope he leaves after his second season, and makes room for Erik ten Hag

it makes sense against teams which try to defend in the oponent's half.
dortmund and arsenal wouldn't let bayern play their typical high-posession passing play and try to attack the defenders as sson as they get the ball. hence the long balls to the front line from dante and boa.
götze and thiago can't utilize these balls. that's what got us the win against dortmund. dortmund was much better when we tried to play our typical possession tactic and pep did what was the best for the team, imo

fuenf

Even Löw is chiming in on Özil:

Bundestrainer Jogi Löw bei Sky: „Ich hatte bei Mesut kein gutes Gefühl. Aber Manuel hält den auch überragend, bleibt lange stehen.“

Löw: 'I didnt have a good feeling about Mesut taking the pen. But Manuel made a great save too, he didn't flinch'

arkon

He has a higher average speed that those others. He's putting in a real shift.

Suen

The thing is they outplayed us last season. They were hungry for the victory and deservedly won. I have nothing against Bayern or their fans. Like I said before Wilshere losing a match is always a positive.

Also the thing with people who support more than one team, is that your joy is muted when you win and the despair lessened when you lose.

"Oh well my number 1 team lost, lets hope my team 2 can win their game. And if that doesn't work out, at least I still have team 3 left in the competition."
"Please don't let Team 1 get drawn with Team 2, I want them both to go far."

/dead

Congrats Bayern GAF on another deserved and hard fought victory. But I would still say that the Barca tie and Bayern tie are definitely not decided by the 1st leg results. Another very difficult 90min to come for Barca, lets hope we do not screw it up.
This would make sense if I barely cared about football except when things went well or simply followed teams that were always guaranteed to come far in competitions or win trophies, none of which are true of the teams I follow aside from Madrid in the league (and then we have to account for Barca's domination in recent years). It's certainly more honorable than jumping on the Barca bandwagon like 90 % of you plastic fans did in the Pep era.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Brilliant GQ :lol :lol :lol

This would make sense if I barely cared about football except when things went well or simply followed teams that were always guaranteed to come far in competitions or win trophies, none of which are true of the teams I follow aside from Madrid in the league (and then we have to account for Barca's domination in recent years). It's certainly more honorable than jumping on the Barca bandwagon like 90 % of you plastic fans did in the Pep era.

don't bother Suen.
KuGsj.gif
he'll just repeat the same stuff next week. #FootballFish

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
How can Madrid fans talk about bandwagoners, when they have about a billion of the fuckers across the decades

can you imagine supporting Parma, Madrid AND Arsenal in the last decade? A dog's life.

that's like....a trophy or two, combined.

Suen is legit.

this thread has gone in a terrible direction after the cl matches :lol

I love it

The thread is at its best when there's a mixture of debate, banter, and proper arguments, with the odd :lol thrown in :p

@Yurt, that's merely being a bandwagoner who started at an unfortunate time, in Arsenal and Madrid's case at least :D

Dibbz

Ozil covers a fair bit of ground. Thats what the stats say.

But when you look at the game you see that he's contributing nothing.Arsenal were on the back foot for the entirety of the second half and Ozil was usually tracking back into a left backish position. But when you ask him to put in a shift defensively, he just doesn't want to know. I completely understand that your attacking midfielder shouldn't be asked to put in a massive defensive showing, but when you're a man down priorities must change.

He looked disinterested tonight.

I wouldn't say he looked disinterested but yeah he has clear boundaries of where his work starts and stops. Hopefully Wenger is able to get him to work more for the team in the future.

Disappointing night overall. Arsenal actually turned up and looked like they could have got something great from the game, then the red card just blew the game to pieces.

Credit to Sonogo. Guy looks very promising.

pulga

Banned
Life is much better when I get to watch Augsburg play on a saturday afternoon. The real man's football.

no one gives a flying toss about some backwater german team not even the players' own mothers have heard about

stop trying to make "augsburg" happen

shit team in a joke league

get it in your head

L1NETT

How can Madrid fans talk about bandwagoners, when they have about a billion of the fuckers across the decades

Every (over a sustained period) successful team will eventually gain bandwagoners. Just the way of the world really, when a club grows it gains new fans either by playing attractive football/building upon that or suddenly artificially growing, appealing to the stickerbook crowd through huge transfer investment etc....

End of the day (cliche o'clock) the ones who go through thick and thin at any club are the fans. The clingers on are temporary followers, but there is nowt wrong with that and it isn't gonna suddenly change.

Arguing about is the boring part :)

Elchele

no one gives a flying toss about some backwater german team not even the players' own mothers have heard about

stop trying to make "augsburg" happen

shit team in a joke league

get it in your head

yet, they are more enjoyable to watch than RM, Barcelona, Bayern, Juve, etc
of course you wouldn't know about football outside of two clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom