• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

I can't speak for the non-Arsenal group games involving Marseille, but I didn't think they were particularly "lol ligue 1."

There was so much at stake in that group. No one could settle for second because no one knew who would finish second until the very last match day. There was a huge gulf in quality between Arsenal, Dortmund, Napoli and Marseille (especially going forward), so ending pointless wasn't particularly shocking and not really indicative of joke status compared to other teams in other groups.

I can't speak for the non-Arsenal group games involving Marseille, but I didn't think they were particularly "lol ligue 1."

There was so much at stake in that group, no one could settle for second because no one knew who would finish second until the very last match day. There was a huge gulf in quality between Arsenal, Dortmund, Napoli and Marseille (especially going forward), so ending pointless wasn't particularly shocking and not really indicative of joke status compared to other teams in other groups.

Was it 2 or 3 games where they were level going into the 80th minute, and conceded late winners?

Dortmund away and Napoli at home I think, was there another?

SHarris78

Just got interrupted by 'Sarah' on the phone who wanted me to take a quick 5 minute consumer survey.

I had to inform her, politely of course, of her inappropriate timing.

Good match so far.

Just got interrupted by 'Sarah' on the phone who wanted me to take a quick 5 minute consumer survey.

I had to inform her, politely of course, of her inappropriate timing.

Good match so far.

I just stop talking and wait for them to hang up. I also ignore calls from 0800 numbers, but sometimes you get a sneaky fuck who comes up as a private caller on the caller ID :p

faridmon

There was so much at stake in that group. No one could settle for second because no one knew who would finish second until the very last match day. There was a huge gulf in quality between Arsenal, Dortmund, Napoli and Marseille (especially going forward), so ending pointless wasn't particularly shocking and not really indicative of joke status compared to other teams in other groups.

Yeah, but however, you slice it; the number of points Marsille have accumulated was just laughably bad. Even clubs from Belarus or Norway could at least get more than that. Just look at Copenhagen!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
dyer defending by Napoli.

tumblr_n17q0y7hVD1s8z5rho1_400.gif

sorry guys

Zabojnik

Rome wasn't built in a day, same goes for Napoli. Rafa got the attacking player he wanted this season, he'll get his defenders the next.

76%

Salvadora

Yeah, but however, you slice it; the number of points Marsille have accumulated was just laughably bad. Even clubs from Belarus or Norway could at least get more than that. Just look at Copenhagen!
It was a poor return, of course, but I thought it was important to put it in context of the group. There weren't playing Mickey Mouse teams from Eastern Europe.

Copenhagen are a powerhouse in the Champions League, by the way. Juventus wouldn't be the first team to fall to their sword.

50% of Ajax passes go back to their half. Doubt Salzburg has enough stamina to keep that up fir 90 minutes but I predict one more goal and Ajax breaks.

pulga

Banned
ClasicoGAF, just bought some plane tickets for Madrid today, arriving one day before the match. I've got a good friend over there who can do the ticket buying, but what's the best strategy to try and buy without paying out the wazoo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom