• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, some guy got banned in the Olympics thread because he couldn't handle me dropping figure skating knowledge bombs on him.

Well that was enough for me. I'm not leaving the safety of this thread for a while.

Chelsea fans crying because they thought Rooney was coming to them, that's why we got Mata.

1227.gif

Well there's clueless supporters in all clubs. Chelsea are going for something bigger and better this summer than some fat scouse.

CoordinatedAthleticElectriceel.gif

Look at that. Lukaku + Cavani or Costa.
kYFVZc5.png

Lol, some guy got banned in the Olympics thread because he couldn't handle me dropping figure skating knowledge bombs on him.

Well that was enough for me. I'm not leaving the safety of this thread for a while.

Since when did you become a figure skating expert too? I felt bad for that Russian girl when she fell. Also Britland fucking got destroyed by Canada today in the only sport other than football that actually matters, curling.

Jarnet87

Missed the stuff earlier about Queiroz being a positive influence when we beat Barca and that Fergie's attacking instincts got the better of him on subsequent. These are both true, but it should also be mentioned that we played Rijkaard's Barcelona. The next season Guardiola came in and brought them to new heights. I doubt Queiroz could've done much for us against that.

Not having Fletcher and Ronaldo one foot out the door didn't help, but even if we had Fletcher and a focused Ronaldo we would have lost. I thought we got a much worse beating in that final then the one in Wembley. Fergie got that game all wrong IMO. No Tevez to start and run around like a mad man, old man Giggs against that midfield lol.

FootballFan

Come at me bros.

This may sound like sacrilege, but in regards to Guardiola I wonder how would perform at a more mortal club without many of the best players in the world.

Like, obviously he is outstanding but I'd like to see that question answered.

Meh.

It's not like Klopp, Mourinho, Conte etc are going to leave their clubs and coach West Ham. Don't see why it's expected of Pep. Top top coach? You WILL choose a top top club, because they will all want you.

The reason we hired him in the first place is because he won the 3rd division with Barca B and got them promoted. He took us from 3rd in a 2 team league to treble winners, I have no doubts about his abilities.

Sacrlige? What the fuck. It's a valid question, he's been handed on a silver platter two Championship-ready teams. His "greatness" is a fraud.

Guard-of-honour-by-Barcelona-to-Real-Madrid.jpg

To:

real_barca_2_6-2.jpg

"handed" to him. lol

Haha fucking hell that reply

" if this was RL, I imagine you snorting after that comment and then pushing your glasses up at the middle…if you wore glasses in RL. "

Honestly I imagine the same except you pulling those tight tight pants you wear even deeper into your ass crack.

The standards are so different out there it's scary. How does the likes of Jupp survive out in the wilderness considering that dumb shit they spew in here?

You can not kill what is already dead.

Since when did you become a figure skating expert too? I felt bad for that Russian girl when she fell. Also Britland fucking got destroyed by Canada today in the only sport other than football that actually matters, curling.

I told you Russians care about three winter sports (me included): hockey, biathlon and figure skating. Not much room to discuss those on neogaf very often though.

My true area of expertise is in track and field though.

I'm a big sports fan in general.

pappe

Re: Rooney signing a new contract.

What is another 50k a week in a grand scheme of things? Not too much considering Rooney is a great player and probably at the peak of his career.

I am more concerned that he does not have silly clause like playing in a certain position he wants to.

A club playing in a UCL and looking to compete for championships every year needs 2 world class strikers. With RVP and Rooney we have them.

We also get the option of 2 no.10s with Mata near world class status and Rooney being a great player in the position.

Our attack with RVP Rooney Mata Januzaj Kagawa our attack ia set for next 2 years.

Now lets get a world class CB and CM and a good LB.

Re: Rooney signing a new contract.

What is another 50k a week in a grand scheme of things? Not too much considering Rooney is a great player and probably at the peak of his career.

It's a lot when he's 34 and not at the peak of anything but his nandos eating.

pappe

Come at me bros.

Meh.

It's not like Klopp, Mourinho, Conte etc are going to leave their clubs and coach West Ham. Don't see why it's expected of Pep. Top top coach? You WILL choose a top top club, because they will all want you.

The reason we hired him in the first place is because he won the 3rd division with Barca B and got them promoted. He took us from 3rd in a 2 team league to treble winners, I have no doubts about his abilities.

Klopp took a Dortmund side which almost dead to where they are now.

Mou won UCL with Porto and Inter and made chelsea a great side and won 2 league titles.

Conte took Juve from 7th to 3 titles.

Compared to them Peps achievement pales.

Taking a B side team to promotion does not mean shit in the grand scheme.

pappe

It's a lot when he's 34 and not at the peak of anything but his nandos eating.

That is if he stays with United that long. I dont think he will stay longer than 2 seasons, 3 at most and will be sold for crazy money to an oil club in France or some other place.

That is if he stays with United that long. I dont think he will stay longer than 2 seasons, 3 at most and will be sold for crazy money to an oil club in France or some other place.

Rooney is too thick to learn a new language and go to another country, he can hardly speak English as it is and no one is going to give him truly crazy money when he's 30. Even Monaco and PSG will have started spending their money more wisely by then.

Scum

Watching figure skaters? Wooden, pls. There's a spot in a jail cell for that.

The standards are so different out there it's scary. How does the likes of Jupp survive out in the wilderness considering that dumb shit they spew in here?
Jupp's already dead.

pulga

Banned
Come at me bros.

Meh.

l

No one's telling him to go to West Ham, but he really should've gone to a top league to prove himself. Preferably not to a team who just steamrolled their way to a CL title. Why are you being thick about this -_-

FootballFan

Klopp took a Dortmund side which almost dead to where they are now.

Mou won UCL with Porto and Inter and made chelsea a great side and won 2 league titles.

Conte took Juve from 7th to 3 titles.

Compared to them Peps achievement pales.

Taking a B side team to promotion does not mean shit in the grand scheme.

I respect your opinion but I strongly disagree.

ArseGAF, you remember Arturo Lupoli, that Italian striker who was supposed to be super talented, but never made it (like Aliadiere)? Today he signed into the Hungarian League :lol

Scum

Rooney is too thick to learn a new language and go to another country, he can hardly speak English as it is and no one is going to give him truly crazy money when he's 30. Even Monaco and PSG will have started spending their money more wisely by then.
I feel like shit a the mo. Feels like a cold and hayfever altogether, but cheers for the laugh Wooden. loooooool

I think the Pep criticism is fair. He's obviously fantastic at what he does. Is he flexible enough to adjust when he doesn't have world class footballers at his disposal though? There's doubt that his methods and tactics would work with a lower level of footballer available to him. Is he adept enough to adopt different tactics and methodology? He's limited but excels at it.

FootballFan

No one's telling him to go to West Ham, but he really should've gone to a top league to prove himself. Preferably not to a team who just steamrolled their way to a CL title. Why are you being thick about this -_-

Bundesliga is good.

And I am not being thick about it. Just reading the same old comments is boring.

Had Pep picked Man United, and if he had them in 1st spot in the EPL right now. People would be saying "lol takes the champions Fergie left, and wins it again, wow big deal".

I think the Pep criticism is fair. He's obviously fantastic at what he does. Is he flexible enough to adjust when he doesn't have world class footballers at his disposal though? There's doubt that his methods and tactics would work with a lower level of footballer available to him. Is he adept enough to adopt different tactics and methodology?

There's only one way to find out, he should quit his job and go manage Palermo.

Don't really see a problem with giving Rooney that contract.

High earners such as Vidic, Evra & Rio are off this summer freeing large amounts up on wage bill that can be reinvested. Among other compelling reasons.

Yea, I am sure we can afford it. I hope he puts in the performances to match this. I am saying 25+ goals/season stuff.

Wilbur

Banned
The pep stuff is a tad pointless, because he's never going to manage an exceptionally lower level of players. He's doing the best with what he has. That's good enough.

Salvadora

The pep stuff is a tad pointless, because he's never going to manage an exceptionally lower level of players. He's doing the best with what he has. That's good enough.
When I made that post, I was mainly referring to top English sides at the moment (except City, maybe) and other big, but not dominant teams. Which is perfectly plausible in his managerial career.

It got interpreted as Pep managing Wes Ham :lol.

Blablurn

Can't believe people are doubting Pep. He even learned fucking German in one year to coach there. I saw his recent german interviews. His German is already fucking good. He even surpassed Heynckes in terms of points already. He doesn't need the triple to prove that he is one fantastic coach. He brought Barca to the #1 spot in the world. And he kept Bayern and top of the football world after a season where many other teams would have take it easy afterwards. I'm sure if he ever goes to England he will succeed without problems. Especially after standing his man in a country where no other Spanish coach has been so far. And please don't start the "But but Bayern is so strong". That doesn't mean shit if the coach is bad. Just look at ManU. ManU looks at least like a Europa League contender but thanks to Moyes even the EL seems far away.

Wilbur

Banned
When I made that post, I was mainly referring to top English sides at the moment (except City, maybe) and other big, but not dominant teams. Which is perfectly plausible in his managerial career.

It got interpreted as Pep managing Wes Ham :lol.

He'd be great with any of the big English sides. He's a brilliant tactician, he has a good relationship with the players he wants to keep (not u Ibra), and he's won a bunch of shit.

He just isn't as good as Moyeezus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom