• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
In what world?

They want Pogba badly. They have unlimited funds. We don't need to sell and don't even want to. Guess who sets the price.

Does Pogba even want to leave at all?

I guess he might with higher wages, home country, more chance of winning CL, but not heard anything about it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Well, no. The Malaga match was lucky (although didn't Malaga score an offside goal themselves?). The six group games weren't and nor was them destroying a good Shakhtar side. Also to get out of the group this season, as well as winning two leagues with such a cheaply assembled side and now still competing despite massive injuries...

Conte is superb but let's be honest, the league hasn't been very good the last two years. Only Napoli have been decent over the course of an entire season, Fiorentina were a new team last year and Milan were shit for the first half. I don't think it's controversial to say unless Conte does a bit better in Europe and Serie A returns strong (which it may be doing with Roma strengthening now), it's not as good an achievement as Klopp doing what he did with Dortmund.

their team is cheaply assembled, sure, but almost all of them are top class players!

Kinda like our team is cheaply assembled innit.

All I know is that Conte would never finish 30+ points behind his closest rival. Even if it was Jupp's Bayern.

I think the league is fine, but we're just too good for them atm. Conte is still the manager that turned a midtable team to undefeated champions against all odds. (IBRA's Milan and Cavani's Napoli)

with Matri

and Simone Pepe

and Ashton Kutcher

and Krasic

and Estigarribiajrajknr

pulga

Banned
Guess who just turned 18 today FootyGAF

no not chloe moretz, wooden. tuck your cock back in

001214_2939.jpg

The Queen in the North, baby

Wilbur

Banned
their team is cheaply assembled, sure, but almost all of them are top class players!

Kinda like our team is cheaply assembled innit.

All I know is that Conte would never finish 30+ points behind his closest rival. Even if it was Jupp's Bayern.

I think the league is fine, but we're just too good for them atm. Conte is still the manager that turned a midtable team to undefeated champions against all odds. (IBRA's Milan and Cavani's Napoli)

with Matri

and Simone Pepe

and Ashton Kutcher

and Krasic

and Estigarribiajrajknr

Conte's fantastic, and I was debating whether to say "the best managers around are Mou, Pep, Klopp and Conte". But ultimately I'd have him just a step below.

Kassu

Banned
Fuck Bed of Chaos.

Dark Souls bosses might be hard but at least most of them are somewhat fair and enjoyable fights.

But Bed of Chaos is just cheap. It's not even funny anymore.

noal

Banned
To be fair to Fergie, English clubs were banned from Europe during the first 4 odd years of his reign at United and when we did get back we were left behind for a while (I know we won the ECWC against Barca)!

You only have to look at the ten years before the ban when English clubs were very successful in Europe. If Fergie had taken control before 85 then he might have hit the ground running.

What he did at Aberdeen is beyond words.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

I guess he might with higher wages, home country, more chance of winning CL, but not heard anything about it.
apparently he was offered 10 million per season.

he's 20 ffs.
KuGsj.gif

Conte's fantastic, and I was debating whether to say "the best managers around are Mou, Pep, Klopp and Conte". But ultimately I'd have him just a step below.

Just remember that he didn't turn BVB into champions overnight, he was their manager since 2008.

No one was competing with them in 2010-2011, Bayern had a meltdown of EPIC proportions at the beginning of that season.

Wilbur

Banned
apparently he was offered 10 million per season.

he's 20 ffs.
KuGsj.gif

Just remember that he didn't turn BVB into champions overnight, he was their manager since 2008.

No one was competing with them in 2010-2011, Bayern had a meltdown of EPIC proportions at the beginning of that season.

Yeah I know. Still rate Klopp marginally higher than Conte.

Salvadora

This may sound like sacrilege, but in regards to Guardiola I wonder how would perform at a more mortal club without many of the best players in the world.

Like, obviously he is outstanding but I'd like to see that question answered.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah I know. Still rate Klopp marginally higher than Conte.

it's the hair isn't it
3AQmK.gif

I think Kloppo had a hair transplant too a year ago lol

This may sound like sacrilege, but in regards to Guardiola I wonder how would perform at a more mortal club without many of the best players in the world.

we'll never know because he's a giant pussy.

Yep. Its the one massive question mark I have over him. Clearly a brilliant manager, but I'd love to see what he could do at a Napoli or Arsenal

Wilbur

Banned
Also Yurt, luck comes into many things does it not? Mou wouldn't have won the CL with Porto if the offside goal they'd scored against us hadn't have stood. Conte wouldn't have gone unbeaten in his first season if the Muntari ghost goal had stood.

Same.

pulga

Banned

Sacrlige? What the fuck. It's a valid question, he's been handed on a silver platter two Championship-ready teams. His "greatness" is a fraud.

Superman

I watched True Detective last night... Massively impressed! Watched due to the gifs & recommendations in here. Nothing stops the McConaughey renaissance train (thoroughly enjoyed Mud too)

Zabojnik

Nothing we've heard so far suggests he wants to leave, but if both Juve and PSG approached him with the idea and the deal would be benefitial to all parties (Raiola included, of course), then I really don't see him putting his foot down.

Sacrlige? What the fuck. It's a valid question, he's been handed on a silver platter two Championship-ready teams. His "greatness" is a fraud.

The team he took over at Barca needed a massive kick up the arse, and tactics created around their abilities, and Guardiola did that perfectly tbf.

His Barca transfers leave a lot to be desired though imo, they regressed over the years imo, in playstyle at least.

Bayern is meaningless though outside of the CL. Took over what was pretty much a perfect squad, and was given plenty of money to improve it even further.

pulga

Banned
Nothing we've heard so far suggests he wants to leave, but if both Juve and PSG approached him with the idea and the deal would be benefitial to all parties (Raiola included, of course), then I really don't see him putting his foot down.

only a matter of time really, kid was born in a suburb of Paris.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Also Yurt, luck comes into many things does it not? Mou wouldn't have won the CL with Porto if the offside goal they'd scored against us hadn't have stood. Conte wouldn't have gone unbeaten in his first season if the Muntari ghost goal had stood.
Of course.

the unbeaten tag was just the cherry on top, we were utterly brilliant in our last 11 games.
3AQmK.gif

and of course everyone forgets our disallowed onside goal in the same game -_-

Salvadora

Well, in the sense that I didn't want to take away from his remarkable managerial achievements when wondering how he would perform at a "lesser" club.

While he has as you correctly determined, inherited two fantastic squads, can we really begrudge a manager for making the choices that he did? You're coloured by being a Madridista.

Danchi

Yeah, but he did actively improve those two already amazing teams. He sold off ageing superstars at Barca and ultimately replaced them with kids from the the academy.

The 4-3-3 where the central defenders split, the defensive midfielder drops deep, and the full-backs plough forward became very in vogue after him.

I would have loved to see him move to more of a "project" club, but if the situations had been reversed would anyone care? If he'd started at some mid-table La Liga team and got them into the UEFA Cup beforehand would that have legitimised him? He got the Barca B team promoted, if that means anything to you. No-one really talks about Wenger at Monaco, Klopp at Mainz etc. etc.

Wilbur

Banned
His work at Barca was absolutely brilliant. His work at Bayern so far is just building on what Jupp did, although Lahm at DM seems to be working out very well.

pulga

Banned
Well, in the sense that I didn't want to take away from his remarkable managerial achievements when wondering how he would perform at a "lesser" club.

While he has as you correctly determined, inherited two fantastic squads, can we really begrudge a manager for making the choices that he did? You're coloured by being a Madridista.

plenty of people begrudge him for being an absolute pussy and going to Bayern, not just Madridistas. I'd say most of FootyGAF expected him to go prove himself in the PL, not take the easy way out and go to the Bundeslolga where a CL winning team awaited him.

The team he took over at Barca needed a massive kick up the arse, and tactics created around their abilities, and Guardiola did that perfectly tbf.

Aragones was doing the tiki taka thing w/ Spain before Pep.

bjaelke

bjaelke pls i cant find this

im still a reddit virgin

where

why

The small screen on my phone let me to believe that it was a real photo, but after looking at the picture for about 10 minutes I've come to the conclusion that it's merely a painting and not the real thing. Sorry to let you down.

nsfw:

I would absolutely love to see how Spain and Barca's defenses would cope if they weren't protected by tiki-taka

@bjaelke, don;t think you're allowed to directly link to stuff like that :)

pulga

Banned
The small screen on my phone let me to believe that it was a real photo, but after looking at the picture for about 10 minutes I've come to the conclusion that it's merely a painting and not the real thing. Sorry to let you down.

nsfw:

MOTHER OF DRAGONS

hngg i really wanna use that as a wallpaper but dont wanna come across as a creep :(

Does anyone else ever think about how the world would react and the news would spread of something like an alien being discovered, or teleportation being invented?

bjaelke

4 years. Not quite as bad as the 5 and a half that was rumoured.

You have signed for a further 5 and a half years, does that mean you will stay at the club for virtually your entire top-flight career?

Yes, I’ve been here since I was 18 and this contract will take me through to my thirties, which is almost my entire professional career. I’ve played most of my best football here and am looking forward to hopefully playing even better football in the next few years. I’ve had a lot of special moments and hope there are many more to come.
http://www.officialwaynerooney.com/news/article/wayne-signs-new-contract-at-manchester-united

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom