• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

? BBC say it's 5 and a half.

"Club ambassador" when he retires.

62zezMe.gif

It's a 4 year extension. He'll be here for another 5 and a half though. His pay rise prolly takes place immediately.

Meier

Mohammed Abu off to Stromsgodset from City. We won't have many random loaned out African players left before ya know it. :(

Scum

Don't really see a problem with giving Rooney that contract.

High earners such as Vidic, Evra & Rio are off this summer freeing large amounts up on wage bill that can be reinvested. Among other compelling reasons.
Oh shit! That's right.

Stubo

I may be in the minority of united bros but I'm happy Rooney's signed up.

Yes he's complained his way to a contract, and yes he is 'holding the club to ransom'. However, all he has asked is for us to invest enough in the squad to remain competitive, when he can clearly see that the team has declined he is going to want to leave. I know this is almost entirely due to the transition resulting from SAF leaving, but this still stands.

He is justified in being frustrated in this position as he is of sufficient quality to be playing in a team which is at the very top of world football as he has been in past years. I'd rather we put up an extra £50k per week and build on what we have to return to this position than lose our most versatile player without any replacement in sight.

Anyone who thinks we could 'replace' Rooney easily is simply incorrect. Players of his quality and flexibility are not made available often, and not without a huge price premium.

Pain in the ass or not, he's the calibre of player we need to get back to the very top, and I support his ambition - regardless of if you personally buy into it being his true motivation or not.

Salvadora

I may be in the minority of united bros but I'm happy Rooney's signed up.

Yes he's complained his way to a contract, and yes he is 'holding the club to ransom'. However, all he has asked is for us to invest enough in the squad to remain competitive, when he can clearly see that the team has declined he is going to want to leave. I know this is almost entirely due to the transition resulting from SAF leaving, but this still stands.

He is justified in being frustrated in this position as he is of sufficient quality to be playing in a team which is at the very top of world football as he has been in past years. I'd rather we put up an extra £50k per week and build on what we have to return to this position than lose our most versatile player without any replacement in sight.

Anyone who thinks we could 'replace' Rooney easily is simply incorrect. Players of his quality and flexibility are not made available often, and not without a huge price premium.

Pain in the ass or not, he's the calibre of player we need to get back to the very top, and I support his ambition - regardless of if you personally buy into it being his true motivation or not.
Very well said

You're one of the sane ones.

Mastadon

Banned
I'm trying so hard to like Breaking Bad, but they should have just gone ahead and called it 'the increasingly irrational decisions of Walter White'

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fady asked me to change my name to "Unitedpls" because he still thinks I'm a United fan. :lol :lol

I'm trying so hard to like Breaking Bad, but they should have just gone ahead and called it 'the increasingly irrational decisions of Walter White'

Season 3 is where the show turns God-tier.

the first two are good.

Mastadon

Banned
Fady asked me to change my name to "Unitedpls" because he still thinks I'm a United fan. :lol :lol

Season 3 is where the show turns God-tier.

the first two are good.

Yeah it's been decent so far, but the pacing is a bit all over the place at times, and some of the things they do are nonsensical.

Like why the fuck wouldn't you have made sure Tuco was dead? "Let him bleed" duuuuuur

Clegg

Missed the stuff earlier about Queiroz being a positive influence when we beat Barca and that Fergie's attacking instincts got the better of him on subsequent. These are both true, but it should also be mentioned that we played Rijkaard's Barcelona. The next season Guardiola came in and brought them to new heights. I doubt Queiroz could've done much for us against that.

Kikarian

It'll be 350K a week when Rooney decides he want to leave us again and then cry about it.

I wanted to be the third person to say it

subtles

Santos player Gabriel Barbosa, otherwise known as Gabigol has confirmed to Gazzetta dello Sport "Barcelona have already shown interest in me. Playing for Barça is a dream since my childhood, since I started playing football".

This is Neymar all over again. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom