• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's shit?

Supposedly so. They're keeping it covered up
Bg7LwRMCYAAj8YQ.jpg:large

But you can't hide the truth from me Gazprom.

Could be a good matchday for us this week.

If we beat HSV, we'd add 2 points on Schlacke and could be back on second place if Leverkusen loses/draws to Wolfsburg. Would be great.

But I think beating HSV will be extremely hard. They're completely shit but who knows what Slomka is doing to that team. Kicking Westermann out of the team would make HSV about twice as good as before.

Supposedly so. They're keeping it covered up
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bg7LwRMCYAAj8YQ.jpg:large[IMG]

But you can't hide the truth from me Gazprom.[/QUOTE]

I thought this winter was rather warm in Russia as well?

You'd think some of that oil money could be spend on a good pitch and judging from the pic, they have this heating/light stuff, so it should be fine.

[quote="Jupp, post: 101788727"]Is Marco Rojas dead? he can't even make a sub position in Stuttgart[/QUOTE]

Was he even alive?

wedward

What have been your thoughts on our recent run of poor results (and in many cases poor performances)?

Shame Lightning is gone.

Missing Ramsey has hurt us more than I expected it would. Of course we are missing the goals, but most of all we are missing a midfielder who can really control the game. Hopefully he is back in time for Chelsea.

Giroud looks exhausted and low in confidence. Private life issues aren't helping.

I think Ozil will need a full season to adapt. He has played every game and it's starting to show. Biggest issue for him though is the players we are surrounding him with. When he was playing with Ramsey and Theo he looked great. Having a midfielder like Ramsey who can pick up the defensive slack helps him a lot and we need someone with some pace to play alongside him. It's no coincidence that he looked much better against Liverpool and Bayern. Sanogo is so much more mobile and quick than Giroud and I am really excited at the prospect of having a good striker in front of Ozil next season.

So far I like what I have seen from Sanogo. At this point I would start him ahead of Giroud.

Jack is looking better. As long as he keeps playing and stays healthy I am confident he will rediscover his form from a couple of seasons ago.

After watching Flamini and Arteta I am more convinced than ever that this summer we need to buy a real DM. Lars Bender pls.

Should have beat Manchester United. Liverpool loss was a freak game. They probably played the best they will all season and we played the worst we will all season.

We looked ok against Liverpool in the FA cup and looked very good against Bayern for 30 mins.

Red card, penalty and suspension is too harsh and I am glad to see most people agree.

Treble is still on. Hard to be too down.

I thought this winter was rather warm in Russia as well?

You'd think some of that oil money could be spend on a good pitch and judging from the pic, they have this heating/light stuff, so it should be fine.

Rather warm for Russia ≠ warm.

And we normally do have a good pitch. But there's a reason why we don't play football in January or February in Russia. It's not our fault that that is when EUFA decides to have these CL games.

Elchele

Rather warm for Russia ≠ warm.

And we normally do have a good pitch. But there's a reason why we don't play football in January or February in Russia. It's not our fault that that is when EUFA decides to have these CL games.

Is Tymo playing regularly for Zenit?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I did not want Rooney to sign a contract extension, I do not see this as a forward thinking move

Kikarian

I did not want Rooney to sign a contract extension, I do not see this as a forward thinking move
...But that's what is. Without Rooney we wouldn't be where we are this season. He's one of our top players. To lose him would be a big blow and his replacement would be no where near his calibre.

No matter how much hate you have towards him, you can't doubt how good he is for us.

jtb

Banned
giving Rooney a massive contract is a better decision than giving RVP that big contract when he signed. the revenue's just going to keep increasing anyways, so the opportunity cost of having a giant albatross contract on the books in five years is negligible, especially if it's counterbalanced by having a superstar draw in the immediate short term that could help bring United back into the top 4 with a very quick turnaround.

Salvadora

Missing Ramsey has hurt us more than I expected it would. Of course we are missing the goals, but most of all we are missing a midfielder who can really control the game. Hopefully he is back in time for Chelsea.

Giroud looks exhausted and low in confidence. Private life issues aren't helping.

I think Ozil will need a full season to adapt. He has played every game and it's starting to show. Biggest issue for him though is the players we are surrounding him with. When he was playing with Ramsey and Theo he looked great. Having a midfielder like Ramsey who can pick up the defensive slack helps him a lot and we need someone with some pace to play alongside him. It's no coincidence that he looked much better against Liverpool and Bayern. Sanogo is so much more mobile and quick than Giroud and I am really excited at the prospect of having a good striker in front of Ozil next season.

So far I like what I have seen from Sanogo. At this point I would start him ahead of Giroud.

Jack is looking better. As long as he keeps playing and stays healthy I am confident he will rediscover his form from a couple of seasons ago.

After watching Flamini and Arteta I am more convinced than ever that this summer we need to buy a real DM. Lars Bender pls.

Should have beat Manchester United. Liverpool loss was a freak game. They probably played the best they will all season and we played the worst we will all season.

We looked ok against Liverpool in the FA cup and looked very good against Bayern for 30 mins.

Red card, penalty and suspension is too harsh and I am glad to see most people agree.

Treble is still on. Hard to be too down.
I'm still very much of the mind that Arsenal stand a very good chance of winning silverware this season.

All that stands before us and the FA Cup is Everton & City, both of whom should be beatable teams from our perspective. Especially with the motivation to win a first trophy in many years. The team has missed Ramsey very dearly, but we must press ahead. The draw with United has been my most disappointing result. We've let them take 4 points off us this season, completely unacceptable. Been bested by Moyes.

jtb

Banned
I'm still very much of the mind that Arsenal stand a very good chance of winning silverware this season.

All that stands before us and the FA Cup is Everton & City,who should both be beatable teams from our perspective. Especially with the motivation to win a first trophy in many years. The team has missed Ramsey very dearly, but we must press ahead. The draw with United has been my most disappointing result. We've let them take 4 points off us this season, completely unacceptable. Been bested by Moyes.

We have to win the FA cup this season. No excuses. We've gotten very fortunate with all the home draws. Winning against Everton at home and City at Wembley are difficult asks but well within the realm of possibility, especially if we're going to have some pretension of title aspirations.

jtb

Banned
This summer we'll need a new LW, DM, ST, and 2 new defenders.Vermaelen is off, Podolski too.

I'd be surprised if Podolski left. This is his ceiling; he can either go to a smaller club and get more minutes or stay here and still contribute a good amount as a squad player.

Sagna is on the way out, though. If he was signing a new contract, he'd have done it by now.

wedward

All that stands before us and the FA Cup is Everton & City, both of whom should be beatable teams from our perspective. Especially with the motivation to win a first trophy in many years. The team has missed Ramsey very dearly, but we must press ahead. The draw with United has been my most disappointing result. We've let them take 4 points off us this season, completely unacceptable. Been bested by Moyes.

Yeah, I think we have a good shot at the FA cup. City no longer look unbeatable.

The league comes down to our games vs City and Chelsea. Going to need 4 points I think.

wedward

I'd be surprised if Podolski left. This is his ceiling; he can either go to a smaller club and get more minutes or stay here and still contribute a good amount as a squad player.

Sagna is on the way out, though. If he was signing a new contract, he'd have done it by now.

I don't think Podolski will leave either. Think we may be able to get one more season from Vermalen as well.

I think we will be trying to sign Draxler, a striker, a right back, DM and maybe a CB.

Sagna, Diaby, Bendtner and Ryo out.

Salvadora

I really don't want Sagna to leave.

RB isn't a position that I'd like us to have to focus on this summer.
We have to win the FA cup this season. No excuses. We've gotten very fortunate with all the home draws. Winning against Everton at home and City at Wembley are difficult asks but well within the realm of possibility, especially if we're going to have some pretension of title aspirations.
City are the big question mark in my eyes.

If they play Demichelis, we'll win.

jtb

Banned
I don't think Podolski will leave either. Think we may be able to get one more season from Vermalen as well.

I think we will be trying to sign Draxler, a striker, a right back, DM and maybe a CB.

Sagna, Diaby, Bendtner and Ryo out.

That's a lot of players to bring in in one window, especially without selling any players. I suspect we'll only see like for like replacements in the summer. in Wenger's mind, Flamini has been playing too well to justify bringing in a long-term solution to DM. if Vermaelen goes, he'll bring in a CB, same with Sagna and a RB. only possible exception being striker, though... dare I suggest that Giroud might be on the way out? if we get a top striker, it's not like Giroud's played well enough to necessitate keeping him, especially with all this tabloid garbage coming out

Hard to see us getting both Draxler and a top striker, though. this is still Wenger we're talking about. up until transfer deadline day, last summer was a complete disaster. (and January was a disaster too lmao) I'd like to think the board + Wenger would have their shit together by now, but we've been hearing that same old story for years now.

Wilbur

Banned
God I really want a burger and chips and meat and shit.

My mum was out today so my dad just made some quick shitty dinner. I'm so hungry. I can't order a takeaway for myself at 2 in the morning, that's fucking addiction to food. Help me.

Elchele

Enjoy it, LanceVance!

My mum was out today so my dad just made some quick shitty dinner. I'm so hungry. I can't order a takeaway for myself at 2 in the morning, that's fucking addiction to food. Help me.

irony innit

you work in fucking Nandos
make some of that tasty chicken

I want more, we should share a dominos together and rub it on each other nipples

Make some fucking food yourself.

Wilbur

Banned
also has this been posted?

Arsenal set to recall Olivier Giroud but Mesut Özil to drop out

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/21/arsenal-olivier-giroud-mesut-ozil-sunderland

Right decision by Wenger, on both accounts

Agreed

5:30 kickoff ?

What the fuck

pls dont bother awakening to see us lose to pulis

Enjoy it, LanceVance!

irony innit

you work in fucking Nandos
make some of that tasty chicken

I don't have fucking Nandos on tap you ghoul. Gonna go raid my cupboards for something meaty
cr5LxAm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom