• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

That's a lot of players to bring in in one window, especially without selling any players. I suspect we'll only see like for like replacements in the summer. in Wenger's mind, Flamini has been playing too well to justify bringing in a long-term solution to DM. if Vermaelen goes, he'll bring in a CB, same with Sagna and a RB. only possible exception being striker, though... dare I suggest that Giroud might be on the way out? if we get a top striker, it's not like Giroud's played well enough to necessitate keeping him, especially with all this tabloid garbage coming out

Hard to see us getting both Draxler and a top striker, though. this is still Wenger we're talking about. up until transfer deadline day, last summer was a complete disaster. (and January was a disaster too lmao) I'd like to think the board + Wenger would have their shit together by now, but we've been hearing that same old story for years now.

Am I actually reading this? This is why we have no depth. Why sign a world class striker if we are going to make him play every game and have him pick up an injury in February because he is exhausted.

He might be shit but he still scores goals. There is absolutely no reason to get rid of him.

Who gives a shit if he had an affair.

If we get rid of Diaby that clears up 60k worth of wages. Arteta has been exposed multiple times this season and Wenger generally replaces a player before they start to dip too much.

Batigol

Banned
_73148348_rooney.jpg

WOODWAAAAAARD

Rooney is masterful

In 2 years time he will go on a strop again and Utd will bend over and take it

He has them by the balls

Salvadora

We shouldn't need Ozil to beat Sunderland (no offence Hixx). A removal from the limelight is probably a bigger reason for this call than a rest. Wish Wenger would be more pro-active in this area rather than waiting for players to get injured

Elchele

I also can't use the oven at night, the whole room gets so fucking hot

why can't I have a microwave to microwave some shit right now?
why can't I have some pizza leftovers like a real man

GorillaJu

I'm really surprised Rihanna is like a sex symbol now. I saw her like 6 or so years ago in LA at a department store and she was as gross looking. A colleague saw met her at a party before she made it big and said the same thing.

I'm really surprised Rihanna is like a sex symbol now. I saw her like 6 or so years ago in LA at a department store and she was as gross looking. A colleague saw met her at a party before she made it big and said the same thing.

I've never seen the attraction with Rihanna. Same with Megan Fox really, whenever I see Megan I always think she needs a wash

Elchele

marketing/advertising.
she's ugly

Can you even be a pop star these days and not at least try to be a sex symbol (regardless of your ability to carry it off)?

I don't think she's terrible looking but I can see why people wouldn't go for that look.

jtb

Banned
Am I actually reading this? This is why we have no depth. Why sign a world class striker if we are going to make him play every game and have him pick up an injury in February because he is exhausted.

He might be shit but he still scores goals. There is absolutely no reason to get rid of him.

Who gives a shit if he had an affair.

If we get rid of Diaby that clears up 60k worth of wages. Arteta has been exposed multiple times this season and Wenger generally replaces a player before they start to dip too much.

I'm not advocating getting rid of Giroud, just saying it wouldn't surprise me if it happened.

I think getting rid of Diaby is wishful thinking. He's not going anywhere unless he rips up that contract. For all we know, he'll be spending the entire summer injured anyways. And even if he moves, he's not passing any medicals. That's just not happening. Replacing Arteta with a younger DM would be a fantastic move though, imo; we don't need another ball-playing midfielder with Ramsey and Jack but we could absolutely use a top class, really physical midfielder to play alongside them.

Barzul

I feel the same way about Jennifer Lawrence, odd. Completely mystified with the hyperbole surrounding her looks.

I agree with you on that one. I think she's a great actress, but she does nothing for me.

I'm not advocating getting rid of Giroud, just saying it wouldn't surprise me if it happened.

I think getting rid of Diaby is wishful thinking. He's not going anywhere unless he rips up that contract. For all we know, he'll be spending the entire summer injured anyways. And even if he moves, he's not passing any medicals. That's just not happening. Replacing Arteta with a younger DM would be a fantastic move though, imo; we don't need another ball-playing midfielder with Ramsey and Jack but we could absolutely use a top class, really physical midfielder to play alongside them.

I think we'll be moving for Schneiderlin in the summer.

arkon

:lol I'm serious. He's very little known, but he supposedly was Maradona-levels of good. But he liked to party.

Not heard of him before you mentioned it. Reading the wiki led me to the 1982 world cup page. My god... Hungary 10 - 1 El Salvador. Fuck.

Before my time. FF might have heard of him.

jtb

Banned
Jennifer Lawrence was good in Winter's Bone and that's about it. stop giving her Oscars please

she is gorgeous though

wedward

Pretty sure over the summer Wenger said this was Diaby's last chance at Arsenal. Lot of rumors that he hasn't taken a full salary in quite some time. I wouldn't be surprised if they terminate his contract through mutual consent.

Hopefully we will be back in for Bender.

Wilbur

Banned
Jennifer Lawrence is a pretty good actress and is pretty good looking. I'd fuck her, but only because I'd fuck everything that ever breathed.

True Detective is amazing and hopefully on the strength of the first season they get some great actors for next season.

Fuck Arsenal.

Mia san mia.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Each season is self contained. Next season will be new characters in a new place.
Really? That's brilliant!

And they can get massive stars on board since 8 episodes is not really a big commitment!

Morgan Freeman & Brad Pitt reunion pls

I was gonna say Jack Nicholson, but can he even read his lines anymore? :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen

Dementia made them do it!

I'm sorry guys I'll stop. Back on topic: Wenger won't extend Sagna's contract because he's over 30 I assume?

Yen

Really? That's brilliant!

And they can get massive stars on board since 8 episodes is not really a big commitment!

Morgan Freeman & Brad Pitt reunion pls

I was gonna say Jack Nicholson, but can he even read his lines anymore? :(

Elba, Fassbender, Cranston

Kassu

Banned
Each season is self contained. Next season will be new characters in a new place.
I wonder how that will work out. It's potentially great if they do it right but I suspect they will just fuck everything up and season two will be shit. Also everyone probably has way too big expectations after season one.

jtb

Banned
Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen

Dementia made them do it!

I'm sorry guys I'll stop. Back on topic: Wenger won't extend Sagna's contract because he's over 30 I assume?

Wenger wants to extend, but moving on a free, Sagna would be able to make a lot more money at one of the French oil clubs

jtb

Banned
I wonder how that will work out. It's potentially great if they do it right but I suspect they will just fuck everything up and season two will be shit. Also everyone probably has way too big expectations after season one.

even if S2 is shit, that'll work in the show's favor since every season is a fresh reboot. and are the expectations really that high? every remotely average TV show has been hailed as the greatest thing in the history of great things, so if they churn out another serviceable season of television, we'll all lap it up anyways

GorillaJu

Jennifer Lawrence is pretty. She's not Scarlett Johansson, but she's a much better actor than her, and she seems like a very real person whenever I've read anything about her personality off-camera. It's not very often that I like a female actor, but I like JLaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom