• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Two victories in a row

11 points off the playoffs

It's
not
back on.

Suck on that MK Souless Husk Dons. Bit harder without Paddy Bamford eh

Wilbur

Banned
God, Mata's so beautiful

Pd3MAaB.gif

Didn't
he get brutally torn apart by them?

I don't know, I haven't seen it :lol

You know the shittiest thing about Moyes giving in to Rooney?

He'll never put him on the right, even though Mata is way fucking better at the center than the fat fuck is.

Hell, I'd even say Rooney would do well on the left.

Thought it was mad that people were calling for Sam's head, he clearly knows what he's doing at this level far more so than Poyet, Ole and dearly departed Rene were.

He's always going to have his detractors because of the style of play and too many times this season we looked utterly clueless when things weren't going exactly the way we wanted, but as the lads showed today they can fight back from behind and now seem to have a lot of belief and confidence that just wasn't there a few months ago. So, yeah, big credit to Sam for turning things around and keeping us ahead of the relegation struggle.

Salvadora

@OptaJoe
1 - Arsenal have lost just one of their last 18 Premier League games in the month of February (W14 D3 L1). Slump?
It's interesting how stats such as this contradict the general narrative in this thread.

The disconnect between reality and delusion.

Wilbur

Banned

He'll never put him on the right, even though Mata is way fucking better at the center than the fat fuck is.

Rooney was great on the left from 2007-09, Ronaldo through the middle and Tevez on the right. They roamed like fuckers, but it was still absolutely beautiful.

FuturusX

Isn't he better on the right? Hopefully Mata left and Adnan right.

I hope to fuck there's loads of movement or it's going to be the same shit.

Wenger should take RVP and Shinji. :(

RVP at Arsenal this year - would have been the missing piece. They may yet still win the league. But a better strike force and no question they could walked away with it. Especially given City's early away form.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Moyes never talks with confidence about winning

Wilbur

Banned
It's interesting how stats such as this contradict the general narrative in this thread.

The disconnect between reality and delusion.

February is when you get knocked out of the CL usually, and you normally don't make it much further in the cups, and by this point you're already out of the title race. Hence, the February collapse.

Plus, Rooney likes to get stuck in. Mata isn't really known for his defensive contribution so it's better for him to be behind the striker.

I'd rather have Januzaj on the left, he ends up naturally drifting to it anyways.

No Young or Valencia, let freedom reign.

Januzaj plays more like a traditional winger on the left. I don't like that. The right utilizes his left foot much better. That is why you see him play through balls more often on the left.

icWIY2bExDx6m.gif

You don't see this on the left do you?

Salvadora

February is when you get knocked out of the CL usually, and you normally don't make it much further in the cups, and by this point you're already out of the title race. Hence, the February collapse.
Well, yes, but that stat was referring to Premier League games and how there hasn't been a slump in February in recent seasons.

Like the much talked about "November collapse" that never came to pass.

Wilbur

Banned
Well, yes, but that stat was referring to Premier League games and how there hasn't been a slump in February in recent seasons.

Like the much talked about "November collapse" that never came to pass.

Yeah, but the February collapse refers to you losing all your chances of silverware. You're usually out of the title race by now, and you normally get knocked out of the cups by now. It's never just been about the league.

Sturridge is clearly the better player but goddammit he was shit especially his last period with Chelsea. So many chances ruined by his Ramires like decision making, he just kept shooting no matter how sure goals it would be if he bothered passing.

jtb

Banned
Chelsea is where strikers go to die. You can't write off a player (whether Sturridge or Ba) from their time at Chelsea.

I'll give Sturridge this: his knees are not prone to explode at any given moment and that's a good thing.

if it's any consolation, they're both better than Giroud

fuck Giroud

Marc

i honestly think he's worse than carlton cole

Anyone ever watch the U21's when Cole was about?

He was amazing, thought he would go on to be boss.... :(

Sturridge was played on the wing for Chelsea so they never really saw him in his best position, and there were like 5 managers he played under and had to impress to get back in the team. Became selfish as a result, still, most strikers are selfish for obvious reasons.

Salvadora

Yeah, but the February collapse refers to you losing all your chances of silverware. You're usually out of the title race by now, and you normally get knocked out of the cups by now. It's never just been about the league.
That isn't going to be the case this season
ix5hNAArIgXiW.png

Arsenal Football Club - FA Cup winners 2014 - "they got it like they want it"

FuturusX

Chelsea is where strikers go to die. You can't write off a player (whether Sturridge or Ba) from their time at Chelsea.

I'll give Sturridge this: his knees are not prone to explode at any given moment and that's a good thing.

fuck Giroud

I'm better than Giroud and so are you.

At being faithful to his wife...

fuck Giroud

Ba can't get close to the Chelsea team, and he has Eto'o and Torres ahead of him, who've scored what, 15 goals between them this season?

Ba's only use is as someone to get on the end of balls lofted over the top of the centrebacks. I wouldn't write him off completely as like you said, strikers struggle at Chelsea, but his complete lack of involvement says something surely?

Should go back to Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom