• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I haven't seen those Hellboy films yet. But I did like Pacific Rim.

But Pan's Labyrinth is easily his best film. Thus not English like you mentioned Wilbz.

Yep; he's made two very good films, both in Spanish. One is the Devil's Backbone which is really creepy and effective. The other is Pan's Labyrinth which is an absolute fucking masterpiece.

Linius

You just need to add a sig to the bottom of your posts like...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY POST WAS FUCKING SARCASM YOU CUNT

#ajax4lyfe #wilbursmother #confuziz4manager

But I mentioned the black moon face from whatsapp :(

I respect your list and I liked Pacific Rim myself. And it's the kind of film I'm likely to rewatch more often when friends come over or something like that.

Filth had a very good lead performance in a horrifically inconsistent film; it wasn't funny enough for me, it just relied on shock humour. Plus the ending was fucking stupid nonsense.

Pacific Rim - the fight scene in Hong Kong was great, Ron Perlman was fun, but everything else was average to shite. The script as well, oh man... why people love Guillermo del Toro so much I don't know. Blade II is the only English language film he's made that's good.

Filth was a movie that just hit me in the right mood. Also I enjoyed things like the Frank Sidebottom references which I doubt most people under my age got. Also really liked things like the bits in his head. Loved what an irredeemable cunt he is.

PR was on my list for the pure fact that it's a highly rewatchable action movie. This may not mean much to some but I happen to think the action movie genre has been on a heavy downward spiral for such a long time with a lot the comic movie franchises that it was nice to see a big budget movie getting action right once again.

Bad Boys II was much better than Pacific Rim but you never see that on best of lists

WHEN IT SHOULD BE

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww take that back. BB2 may be one of the worst movies I've ever watched.

Yen

Just watched the second half of Thor, and then Thor 2. The first Marvel movies I have legit enjoyed for a long time. Hemsworth, Portman and Dennings are really good.

Wilbur

Banned
It's a good movie, unlike that boring-ass movie Pacific Rim.

Haha, it's not on my favourite lists as well but I still give it 4 stars
dPrJaGc.png

It's just fun and excessive in all the ways Pacific Rim tried so desperately hard to be. It's a decent film, but nothing special.

Fast Five was also better

come at me

tumblr_mhgpilfcMX1qzflwwo1_400.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I haven't seen those Hellboy films yet. But I did like Pacific Rim.

But Pan's Labyrinth is easily his best film. Thus not English like you mentioned Wilbz.

Wilbur is a smart lad, he specifically said not English to Juve out his best movies.
3AQmK.gif

I loved Hellboy FWIW. It had the most badass comic book villain.

g3v2Pgg.gif

Daft Punk with blades. And he's Russian, I mean come on.. edit: GERMAN GERMAN sorry!

Wilbur

Banned
Filth was a movie that just hit me in the right mood. Also I enjoyed things like the Frank Sidebottom references which I doubt most people under my age got. Also really liked things like the bits in his head. Loved what an irredeemable cunt he is.

PR was on my list for the pure fact that it's a highly rewatchable action movie. This may not mean much to some but I happen to think the action movie genre has been on a heavy downward spiral for such a long time with a lot the comic movie franchises that it was nice to see a big budget movie getting action right once again.

You see there's a film about Sidebottom coming out with Fassbender?

Just watched the second half of Thor, and then Thor 2. The first Marvel movies I have legit enjoyed for a long time. Hemsworth, Portman and Dennings are really good.

Both decent films; Iron Man 3 is the only legit good Marvel film. IM1 is decent, Avengers is decent. IM3 gets loads of flak for being a comedy instead of a fucking vanilla stereotypical superhero film and it confuses me.

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbur is a smart lad, he specifically said not English to Juve out his best movies.
3AQmK.gif

I loved Hellboy FWIW. It had the most badass comic book villain.

g3v2Pgg.gif

Daft Punk with blades. And he's Russian, I mean come on..

Fuck yeah he was really cool actually (although isn't he German/Nazi?), wish the film had made more of him. And the fight with the elemental in Hellboy 2 is brilliant. They're both decent films as well, he's certainly not a bad film maker (and has made one of my all time favourites), but when people want GdT to direct absolutely everything it's just a bit odd :lol

Linius

HUMIb1G.png

This is what I've been watching this month. Last year I watch 48 films in total, this year I'm already at 34. I finally stopped doing nothing on the internet for hours on end and actually do something like watching a movie or actually playing games instead of talking about them :p

And I must say, I don't remember much cool action flicks from recent times. I know I liked Jack Reacher. And Pacific Rim of course, Fast 5 which is mentioned now I liked too.

You see there's a film about Sidebottom coming out with Fassbender?

Both decent films; Iron Man 3 is the only legit good Marvel film. IM1 is decent, Avengers is decent. IM3 gets loads of flak for being a comedy instead of a fucking vanilla stereotypical superhero film and it confuses me.

Goddamn you just reminded. What an odd project.

Fuck yeah he was really cool actually (although isn't he German/Nazi?), wish the film had made more of him. And the fight with the elemental in Hellboy 2 is brilliant. They're both decent films as well, he's certainly not a bad film maker (and has made one of my all time favourites), but when people want GdT to direct absolutely everything it's just a bit odd :lol

GdT gets imagery and set design so right for certain things. I would've fucking jizzed myself if he had been given that R-rated At The Mountains of Madness project.

Wilbur

Banned
HUMIb1G.png

This is what I've been watching this month. Last year I watch 48 films in total, this year I'm already at 34. I finally stopped doing nothing on the internet for hours on end and actually do something like watching a movie or actually playing games instead of talking about them :p

And I must say, I don't remember much cool action flicks from recent times. I know I liked Jack Reacher. And Pacific Rim of course, Fast 5 which is mentioned now I liked too.

I'm on 65 for the year so far, which is quite frankly embarrassing. But I watched loads before I started uni, and I've tried to watch two to three a week since.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Isn't that character German?

he was? LOOOOOOOL I'm sorry I don't know why I thought he was Russian, I need to rewatch it again!
3AQmK.gif

GdT (to me at least) is a bit like Sam Raimi. He makes odd fun movies, but I'll never give him a massive franchise, he'll just ruin it lol.

arkon

HUMIb1G.png

This is what I need to do more of. Except I'm devoting my time to books this year. Already halfway to last year's total books read.

Linius

I'm on 65 for the year so far, which is quite frankly embarrassing. But I watched loads before I started uni, and I've tried to watch two to three a week since.

65 :/

But I'm with you on the two or three a week. I work monday till thursday full hours so I can only watch movies from friday to sunday anyways generally. I watch my TV shows on work days. I have been going to the cinema an awful lot though for someone who doesn't have some kind of subscription. Already been seven times and I have at least two more in my schedule for next month with Her and The Grand Budapest Hotel.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

I fucking LOVED Iron Man 3 and I don't even know why
KuGsj.gif

I can't resist the RDM
KuGsj.gif

Wilbur

Banned
65 :/

But I'm with you on the two or three a week. I work monday till thursday full hours so I can only watch movies from friday to sunday anyways generally. I watch my TV shows on work days. I have been going to the cinema an awful lot though for someone who doesn't have some kind of subscription. Already been seven times and I have at least two more in my schedule for next month with Her and The Grand Budapest Hotel.

I had a month where I worked Sunday to Tuesday nights and that was it, so I just sat around watching films when I wasn't out of the house (and I don't watch anywhere near as many TV shows as you as well; I'm only watching True Detective at the moment).

I've been to the cinema 10 times so far, but I do get free tickets!

Wilbur

Banned
I watched 45 films in January lool how embarrassing. 20 so far this month. I've got about 1500 films on my Letterboxd watchlist, so I'm trying to keep the movie watching up!

I fucking LOVED Iron Man 3 and I don't even know why
KuGsj.gif

I can't resist the RDM
KuGsj.gif

Because:

a) the script was hilarious
b) Downey was hilarious
c) Kingsley was hilarious
d) it was hilarious

People being disappointed because it changed some stuff and had not enough Iron Man fucking suck. Are they not bored of the same thing in every single fucking superhero movie?

faridmon

Linius knows whats up!

I have been listening to the Real Estate album. Its quite mellow and laidback to a point that I am actually surprised. Days wasn't that chill. I think its gonna take me a while before I warm up to it (I hope)

I just want another French Films album :(

Linius

Anyone who happens to like Community for reasons other than Allison Brie is on my shit list. Sorry!

Does she even fit the weight class?

Linius knows whats up!

I have been listening to the Real Estate album. Its quite mellow and laidback to a point that I am actually surprised. Days wasn't that chill. I think its gonna take me a while before I warm up to it (I hope)

I just want another French Films album :(

I'm already addicted. It's that kind of music for me. Need to watch out I don't 'over' listen it and get bored with it.

Did you listen to Cheatahs debut? I think you'll like that.

arkon

Anyone who happens to like Community for reasons other than Allison Brie is on my shit list. Sorry!

I liked the first two seasons but haven't watched past the beginning of season 3. There were some good episodes in there. Like the clip show episode.

bud

i've seen dallas buyers club, but i forgot to add it to my film log.

now i can't remember which day i saw it on--and that's freaking me out.

i-i don't want to pick a random january day...

Linius

i've seen dallas buyers club, but i forgot to add it to my film log.

now i can't remember which day i saw it on--and that's freaking me out.

i-i don't want to pick a random january day...

You keep a film log? Where can I follow that? Or is it some excel file on your computer? :p

faridmon

Does she even fit the weight class?

I'm already addicted. It's that kind of music for me. Need to watch out I don't 'over' listen it and get bored with it.

Did you listen to Cheatahs debut? I think you'll like that.

If that is your type of music, I am actually surprised you didn't liked French Films more. Its basically that coupled with New-Wave and Jingle-pop tempo and melody and Joy Diviosn-like Vocals.

I have heard great deal about Cheatahs, but I have listened to them yet. I am planning to do so, but I am kind of burned out by the hype of Speedy Otiz which makes me wary about things lately.

Btw, Just came back from one of the best gigs in recent times. Just saw Fat White Family and OMG what a night. Fucking amazing live band if not the best. Second time seeing them, and I am still as amazed as the first time.

I am planning to write a lengthy impression at the Alt/indie thread (hopefully, if I don't be lazy mofo)

bud

it was definitely after blue jasmin which i saw on the 18th, but before don jon (ugh) which i saw on the 22nd.

this is tearing me apart, lisa.
iU9wk9lPdhHay.png

edit: i found it. i was wrong. i must've seen it on the 25th because i recommended it to someone on whatsapp the next day. crisis averted.
CNB1W6d.png

You keep a film log? Where can I follow that? Or is it some excel file on your computer? :p

text editor, bruh.

bud get letterboxd like all the cool people in the good taste club

it's too much work, haha. then i'd go all ocd and shit and i'd have to check every film i've ever seen.

Linius

If that is your type of music, I am actually surprised you didn't liked French Films more. Its basically that coupled with New-Wave and Jingle-pop tempo and melody and Joy Diviosn-like Vocals.

I have heard great deal about Cheatahs, but I have listened to them yet. I am planning to do so, but I am kind of burned out by the hype of Speedy Otiz which makes me wary about things lately.

Btw, Just came back from one of the best gigs in recent times. Just saw Fat White Family and OMG what a night. Fucking amazing live band if not the best. Second time seeing them, and I am still as amazed as the first time.

I am planning to write a lengthy impression at the Alt/indie thread (hopefully, if I don't be lazy mofo)

Speedy Ortiz debut LP is good stuff, but it has to be your thing. I know Cheatahs is at least right up your alley with a bit of shoegazing in there.

And I like French Films, I listened to their last albums like eight times.

And Fat White Family are performing at Best Kept Secret this year, I like their album!

dXFul5L.png

What do you think of this years bill so far? I mean, Slowdive man!

faridmon

I think the one you showed me last year had better line-up, but there is couple of bands that sound very attractive there: Franz Ferdinand, Slowdive (OF COURSE!), Pixies, Factory Floor, The Horrors, Fucked Up, Traams and Young Fathers all sound great and I would love to see them there.

Is it a camping festival or is there a hotel/hostel near by one can crash in? I still don't have a gig buddy :( and am tempted to come all the way to Holland...

Linius

They have a bungalow park (which is sold out) and a camping. For the camping they ask 20 euros on top of your festival ticket and then you can just pick a spot to camp in the camping area.

But it's good that they focus so much on the music and not all sorts of extra stuff. I'm wondering what else is coming. Still about 30 names to be announced.

faridmon

They have a bungalow park (which is sold out) and a camping. For the camping they ask 20 euros on top of your festival ticket and then you can just pick a spot to camp in the camping area.

But it's good that they focus so much on the music and not all sorts of extra stuff. I'm wondering what else is coming. Still about 30 names to be announced.

Well I have a broken leg so camping is out of question. At least The Great Escape in Brighton or By:Larm in Oslo happens in various venues around the city so its convenient to book a hotel and just go to the venue you happen to like.

I want a new French Film album :(

I spend so much time just sitting on my arse refreshing this thread that I could spend catching up on games, TV or films.

Haven't watched a film since The Hobbit part 1 on Christmas Eve

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I spend so much time just sitting on my arse refreshing this thread that I could spend catching up on games, TV or films.

why are you sitting on your ass! Do other stuff and just refresh your phone when you're bored. That's what I do.

Dark Souls 2 in a few weeks? My body isn't ready :eek:

faridmon

You haven't missed anything.

Just a Lillies and Remains single that is exclusive to Tower Record in Japan.

Salazar

I'm waiting for a meeting this Wednesday about my thesis. Then semester kicks off the week after and I have an obscene amount of tutoring to do.

If we go down to Olympiakos, I will be unspeakably mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom