• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are you sitting on your ass! Do other stuff and just refresh your phone when you're bored. That's what I do.

Dark Souls 2 in a few weeks? My body isn't ready :eek:

Films just don't do it for me really. Even films that I really enjoy, I have no inclination to rewatch or even seek out similar films/films by the same director. There are hundreds of classics that I've never seen, and don't feel like I'm missing them, whereas there are loads of games I want to get around to playing, but can't be bothered with them when the opportunity arrives. There's not enough objective thought in films to make it fun for me to read/listen about either. One person's good acting is another person's ham-acting, one person's confused direction is another's genius experimentation.

TV on the other hand overlaps nicely, and episodes are short enough that I don't have to set time aside for them. Gonna watch Utopia, then move onto True Detective, then make a start on new Justified and TWD, while CSI will fill my braindead glitz appetite, then there's the entirety of Deadwood, The Sopranos, Band of Brothers, Orphan Black, Firefly and Hannibal. Plus Brooklyn Nine Nine, and I wanna start The Thick Of It at some point.

I'm conciously supressing my excitement for DS2 until we find out when the PC version is coming. Got a new avatar lined up, waiting for some good samaritan to make it for me :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Films just don't do it for me really. Even films that I really enjoy, I have no inclination to rewatch or even seek out similar films/films by the same director. There are hundreds of classics that I've never seen, and don't feel like I'm missing them, whereas there are loads of games I want to get around to playing, but can't be bothered with them when the opportunity arrives.

TV on the other hand overlaps nicely, and episodes are short enough that I don't have to set time aside for them. Gonna watch Utopia, then move onto True Detective, then make a start on new Justified and TWD, while CSI will fill my braindead glitz appetite, then there's the entirety of Deadwood, The Sopranos, Band of Brothers, Orphan Black, Firefly and Hannibal. Plus Brooklyn Nine Nine, and I wanna start The Thick Of It at some point.

I'm conciosuly supressing my excitement for DS2 until we find out when the PC version is coming. Got a new avatar lined up, waiting for some good samaritan to make it for me :p

Well technically watching a movie is shorter than watching a show, because you're done with the whole story in a couple of hours :p

But yeah, I prefer watching shows lately. I have the attention span of a fish.

RE:DS2, I'll just go for the PS3 version I guess. I'll double dip later on.

Well technically watching a movie is shorter than watching a show, because you're done with the whole story in a couple of hours :p

But yeah, I prefer watching shows lately. I have the attention span of a fish.

RE:DS2, I'll just go for the PS3 version I guess. I'll double dip later on.

I'll probably end up doing the same, but I don't feel comfortable rewarding them for (perhaps intentionally) failing to get the PC version done on schedule.

Book-reading has fallen off a cliff for me. Used to read like 50 pages of a novel every day, now I've spent the last 3 months struggling to get even 2 thirds of the way through Blood Meridian. Haven't been hooked by a book since A Clash of Kings, even the latter ASoI&F books became a bit of a chore
as more and more supernatural elements crept in,and Westeros became one part of many rather than the backbone it should be

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'll probably end up doing the same, but I don't feel comfortable rewarding them for (perhaps intentionally) failing to get the PC version done on schedule.

I read that spoiler when I quoted you -_-

Of course they'll delay the PC version, they don't want people to pirate it :p

I read that spoiler when I quoted you -_-

Of course they'll delay the PC version, they don't want people to pirate it :p

Don't fancy buying a Steam key for £15 if the PC release is too late, do ya? :p

Gaf should have a sticky thread for upcoming releases

Is Altidore gonna be starting at the World Cup?

Is Altidore gonna be starting at the World Cup?

Probably
datholdupplayy9ibe3.png

arkon

I spend so much time just sitting on my arse refreshing this thread that I could spend catching up on games, TV or films.

Haven't watched a film since The Hobbit part 1 on Christmas Eve

Last film I can remember seeing is The Dark Knight in cinemas. Can't think of a newer movie I've watched since.

edit:

Just remembered one. I've seen Four Lions, so there's that.

faridmon

Last movie I have watched in Cinema was The Heat last year. I really wanted to watch the Hbbit pt. 2, but never had the chance nor/and the money to do so. But now, I think I am really gonna try and watch Lego the Movie.

Hieberrr

Orlando City drew with the Union a few days prior. Not that big of a deal.

I'm more pissed off about the team played than the result. Tactically, we were unable to do anything offensively with players who looked lost 90% of the time. Defensively, we were all over the place and got burned on almost every counter attack. And overall, we let the opposition dictate the tempo.

I know it's preseason, but this was just a terrible showing. Ryan Nelson always talks about fitness and whatnot. I'm starting wonder if we've done anything asides from running laps around the pitch this preseason/training camp based on what I've seen so far.

faridmon

The new Toy album have grown on me now. It went from OK, to totally fucking brilliant AOTY material. If only I have listened to it more last year.

Zabojnik

Fernando Llorente (oficial)
13 minuti fa
#TorinoèBianconera ⚫️⚪️⚫️⚪️ #JuveTorino #ForzaJuve#vamooos!!

@@.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fernando Llorente (oficial)
13 minuti fa
#TorinoèBianconera ⚫️⚪️⚫️⚪️ #JuveTorino #ForzaJuve#vamooos!!

@@.gif

btw they (TS) actually asked him about their "Is he only beautiful" headline looooooooooooooooooooooooooool

He spoke to Tuttosport and forgave them for an early headline doubting his credentials for the club.

“I remember that huge headline in September: ‘Is Llorente only handsome and nothing else?’ I didn’t take it badly, as I immediately understood the spirit of the question.

“I wasn’t playing and people were wondering where I’d got too. Conte knew I needed a lot of physical work to reach the right form. He did an incredible job with me, able to wait for the perfect moment to let me play.”
Llorente is expected to start tomorrow’s big game and doesn’t fear the atmosphere.

“In the locker room we’re like a single block of concrete, which is another key to our success. It’s pretty unusual in football to find such a united dressing room atmosphere. I share a room with Paul Pogba before games and he always makes me laugh, helping to overcome tension. He knows the potential he’s got and can win the Ballon d’Or one day.”

“I am curious to see what he (Conte) was like as a player. I’ll have to look up clips on YouTube. Occasionally he’ll tell us an anecdote about when he was a player to help us understand the situation.

oh....someone is going to have to explain the lack of hair
KuGsj.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba and Tevez are ONE yellow away from suspension. Our next game is Milan in San Siro.

I expect all four to receive a yellow.
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

Why Jeep though? :p

Jeep are owned by Chrysler Group (who formed a global strategic allegiance with Fiat). Both Juventus and Fiat are held by Exor, who are controlled by the Agnelli family.

Please understand

Blablurn

I hate Sunday games so much. Especially when we play the last one :( Fuck me.

btw. if we win our next 4 games we can have the title by march 15th lol

wedward

I think the one you showed me last year had better line-up, but there is couple of bands that sound very attractive there: Franz Ferdinand, Slowdive (OF COURSE!), Pixies, Factory Floor, The Horrors, Fucked Up, Traams and Young Fathers all sound great and I would love to see them there.

Is it a camping festival or is there a hotel/hostel near by one can crash in? I still don't have a gig buddy :( and am tempted to come all the way to Holland...

I need to see Fucked Up live.

subtles

I love the shadiness of Italian family business. Agnelli/Pirelli/De Benedetti. Just hearing that something is owned by a 'family' makes me ponder the shenanigans they may be up to.

Zabojnik

14myntd.jpg

I'd start Marchisio in Pirlo's place. Andreino da Brescia hasn't been himself lately. Also, switch Barzagli and Caceres. Possibly replace the latter with Ogbonnator.

We have to win this, Roma are flying. We're in pretty dire physical shape at the moment, most of our players don't have more than 60mins in them. We've suffered immensly in the second halves of the last few matches. 3-0 before half time, please.

Please understand, Timulove.

subtles

It's already time for the Derby della Mole? Yes baby. It's pretty sad that such a relativity successful team has suffered this way.

I wonder if the Scouse Cafu will make way for Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom