• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol.

I'd like to see "Liverpool's DNA" get past some of the teams we've faced in the last few years.

Liverpool's "DNA" won them a CL.

It's won them alot in recent years despite having a shit team.

DNA is the wrong word for it really, it's just that they're not pussies, which is your main problem.

dc89

Oh shit. Cup final a week today. D:

I hope we find our shooting boots.
In our last three league games we've managed 1 goal.
In our previos three league games we scored 11 goals.

Engineer. Pls.

didamangi

11 to go for a CL spot.

Southampton
Sunderland (H)
Man United
Cardiff
Tottenham (H)
West Ham
Man City (H)
Norwich
Chelsea (H)
Crystal Palace
Newcastle (H)

Can we do it?

elseanio

Liverpool's "DNA" won them a CL.

It's won them alot in recent years despite having a shit team.

DNA is the wrong word for it really, it's just that they're not pussies, which is your main problem.

KuGsj.gif

Marc

:lol.

I'd like to see "Liverpool's DNA" get past some of the teams we've faced in the last few years.

Five times.

What's the excuse lately? You have had how long to build a challenging side? Bayern and Barca just appeared out of nowhere? In the same time Arsene had, they have built a team that are imperious. And the rest of your history? C'mon, get real.

Five times.

What's the excuse lately? You have had how long to build a challenging side? Bayern and Barca just appeared out of nowhere? In the same time Arsene had, they have built a team that are imperious. And the rest of your history? C'mon, get real.

Five times, and you say you're not a Liverpool fan.

Either you're lying or you're fucking weird.

Wes

venison crêpe
Going to have to rely on other teams losing for us to stay up this season. Starting with Spurs beating Norwich one hopes.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I haven't seen the game but what the fuck is going on with Liverpool's defense? You can't get into the top 4 like that , you need to be able to win 1-0. The closer you get to the end of the season the harder it is to score against those relegation battlers.

Arsenal in the Champions League haven't been held back by being "pussies," as you see it.

Poor form, Viva.

Yes they have.

Arsenal haven't got it in them to go an assert themselves and win games, to put pressure on teams when it counts to go and get the job done.

What happened on Wednesday was a good example. Actually started the game well but just completely shat the bed when you might have had a chance and then Wenger proceeded to let the widest pussy stay out their all night doing absolutely nothing.

It's a mental problem at Arsenal.

The best team doesn't always win the CL. It's not a league. Heart goes a long way in the European Cup.

L1NETT

Going to have to rely on other teams losing for us to stay up this season. Starting with Spurs beating Norwich one hopes.

Plenty of worse teams below you. On you lot, Norwich, Cardiff and Fulham are all poop.

However, if you and West brom go down and Wolves (and Walsall lol) come up could be a Birmingham Bumper crop in the Championship.

sohois

As bad as the defence seemed, damn if Johnson and Flanagan didn't have great games at the FB positions. Flanagan in the last 15 was unbelievable.

As others pointed out, Allen was incredible from the moment he came on, dominated the Swansea midfield. Suarez looked really tired by the end of the match, am a little surprised Sturridge came off rather than him. In fact, Sturridge was probably the only attacker to play really well. Coutinho was quiet for most of the game, Suarez looked lethargic and Stirling faded after a very bright start. Well, and Henderson of course.

For the defence, it's telling that Toure was the best CB for Liverpool. First half problems seemed caused by the formation, with Swansea just having one too many men. Different story with Lucas in the side as opposed to Gerrard there. With the CBs, seems like a particular problem is to do with communication. There just isn't a natural understanding between Mignolet and the players in front of him, or the defenders and those alongside them. You can see it when players are unsure if Mignolet it coming for a ball, or at set pieces when people don't know who to mark. I think the enforced tinkering with the defence is playing a big part in the struggles.

Fry

I haven't seen the game but what the fuck is going on with Liverpool's defense? You can't get into the top 4 like that , you need to be able to win 1-0. The closer you get to the end of the season the harder it is to score against those relegation battlers.

:lol

Marc

Five times, and you say you're not a Liverpool fan.

Either you're lying or you're fucking weird.

Eh? Should I say 3 times instead or something? It is a fact, stating a fact doesn't make you a fan of a club. I hope all English teams do well in the CL with at least some kind of core English element involved. Just some have more realistic chances than others in spite of the players they may have at the time.

Wes

venison crêpe
Plenty of worse teams below you. On you lot, Norwich, Cardiff and Fulham are all poop.

However, if you and West brom go down and Wolves (and Walsall lol) come up could be a Birmingham Bumper crop in the Championship.

You would think there are worse teams below us but our positions in the table doesn't give much truth about our current form. We've won only 2 in 14.

Don't worry Usho, when teams open up against you instead of sitting back you will also start winning 4-3.

Barzul

Yes they have.

Arsenal haven't got it in them to go an assert themselves and win games, to put pressure on teams when it counts to go and get the job done.

What happened on Wednesday was a good example. Actually started the game well but just completely shat the bed when you might have had a chance and then Wenger proceeded to let the widest pussy stay out their all night doing absolutely nothing.

The best team doesn't always win the CL. It's not a league. Heart goes a long way in the European Cup.

We were playing the best team in Europe ffs with a red card from an individual mistake. How many teams would recover from that? We weren't even favorites before the game. The only time I can give your argument merit is in the Milan CL tie where we totally shit the bed in the first leg. Besides that our exits have been to eventual winners, Barcelona, Barcelona, Bayern and many of those losses have been on away goals rule. We've just lost to better teams. That is a thing, losing to teams with a superior first 11. It's not a mentality issue, it's a quality of squad issue. It's why when we had a sizable portion of the invincibles in 06 we made it to the CL final.

Batigol

Banned

Doesn't really matter as long as they keep out scoring everyone.

Linius

Hmmm, I put LCD Soundsystems "Sound of Silver" album on my new walkman for running. With 56 minutes it's perfect for a 10K run :D

Salvadora

Yes they have.

I'm really not sure why you've seen it like that.

In the past couple of years we've faced some of the best teams on the planet (and arguably in history when it comes to Barcelona). You yourselves were absolutely dominated by them in the finals. We showed "Liverpool DNA" to get through one of the toughest groups around. There is no shame in going out against those sides in the manner that we did.

Just repeating the same "Arsenal are pussies" like a lot of United GAF do.

We were playing the best team in Europe ffs with a red card from an individual mistake. How many teams would recover from that? We weren't even favorites before the game. The only time I can give your argument merit is in the Milan CL tie where we totally shit the bed in the first leg. Besides that our exits have been to eventual winners, Barcelona, Barcelona, Bayern and many of those losses have been on away goals rule. We've just lost to better teams.

Look I'm not saying you should have won the game or that Arsenal haven't been playing against better teams in the past few years.

I'm saying that in order to win a European Cup, it's not just about having a good team. That's half of it. The other half is being smart, game management and creating your own luck/DNA whatever you want to call it. That's the half that Arsenal are awful at.

Are you not worried about the kind of comments Wenger has made about the mental side of things this season? What he said about Ozil and what he said after your games against us is worrying stuff if I were a fan.

I'm really not sure why you've seen it like that.

In the past couple of years we've faced some of the best teams on the planet (and arguably in history when it comes to Barcelona). You yourselves were absolutely dominated by them in the finals. We showed "Liverpool DNA" to get through one of the toughest groups around. There is no shame in going out against those sides in the manner that we did.

Just repeating the same "Arsenal are pussies" like a lot of United GAF do.
I'm not saying you have lost each and every time because you've succumbed to pressure.

I'm saying the reason nobody backs Arsenal to win is because your record shows you haven't got it in you.

You can disagree if you want but there's no reason for anybody to change their minds. You bottle it rather frequently.

FuturusX

Look I'm not saying you should have won the game or that Arsenal haven't been playing against better teams in the past few years.

I'm saying that in order to win a European Cup, it's not just about having a good team. That's half of it. The other half is being smart, game management and creating your own luck/DNA whatever you want to call it. That's the half that Arsenal are awful at.

Are you not worried about the kind of comments Wenger has made about the mental side of things this season? What he said about Ozil and what he said after your games against us is worrying stuff if I were a fan.

That word you are looking for is not DNA it's BELIEF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom