• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god Bayern plays today...they are going to crush HAnnover so bad...they are going to kill them. This is like Mr Satan Vs. Cell...jesus christ!

Feorax

Sakho seems to be the only one that knows Mig just isn't coming off his line ever.

That Skrtel is still leaving balls for him to come and collect at this point is mental.

Barzul

Look I'm not saying you should have won the game or that Arsenal haven't been playing against better teams in the past few years.

I'm saying that in order to win a European Cup, it's not just about having a good team. That's half of it. The other half is being smart, game management and creating your own luck/DNA whatever you want to call it. That's the half that Arsenal are awful at.

Are you not worried about the kind of comments Wenger has made about the mental side of things this season? What he said about Ozil and what he said after your games against us is worrying stuff if I were a fan.

Not really, because this team is the most mentally strong Arsenal team since the Invincibles imo. We haven't collapsed when everyone expected we would despite suffering heavy losses to Liverpool and Man City this season, we recovered and kept on winning/picking up points. Our response to the Bayern defeat was so strong I really have no qualms about the mental resolve of this team.

Blablurn

Not really, because this team is the most mentally strong Arsenal team since the Invincibles imo. We haven't collapsed when everyone expected we would despite suffering heavy losses to Liverpool and Man City this season, we recovered and kept on winning/picking up points. Our response to the Bayern defeat was so strong I really have no qualms about the mental resolve of this team.

You beat Sunderland at home. Not City lol.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Liverpool we need to talk about your defense lol

HOLY SHIT Viva is going HAM on everyone
3AQmK.gif
I'll keep my mouth shut I don't want to get dragged into this

Feorax

Few points:

1. Being amazing up front and suicidal at the back has turned us into the most entertaining team in the league by a country mile.

2. It's unbelievable that we've scored the most goals in the league right now, considering the players in some of the teams around us. Would have been long odds at the start of the season.

3. This is our best ever points total for 27 games in the Premier League I think. Great platform for us to build on.

sohois

Hahahahaha. So we can't beat a good team at home anymore. And Spurs. Ok.

Arsenal could tell you a thing or two.

Some people really ought to put this Spurs CL challenge to bed.

Their March fixtures list looks like this:

Chelsea
Arsenal
Southampton
Liverpool

Arsenal and Southampton at home. Playing poorly and scraping wins can take you so far, it's not going to work so well against teams that can actually score

Linius

All My Friends is an absolutely stellar running song. Been on my gym playlist for years now.

I'm compiling two custom playlists now. One with electronic music and one with up tempo rock/punk (think Parquet Courts, The Strokes etc.).

I bought that Sony W273 MP3 player, it's a perfect little device.

That is a low bar.

I will admit this Arsenal team look stronger than some of the teams you've had in the past 5 years but until they actually prove something, tangibly, people won't feel any different.

I get why you guys do. You're fans of the club and that's what fans do, get their hopes up and back the team. I just don't get why Arsenal fans are surprised when people doubt their team. They keep on giving us reasons to do so.

Barzul

You beat Sunderland at home. Not City lol.

So? Previous Arsenal teams could easily have bottled that game. Sunderland have beaten City, Chelsea and Everton this season. When we face City at home, I'm sure we'll win. The FA cup tie vs Liverpool was also a good measure of our mentality, we won that game despite losing 5-1 to the same team barely a week earlier. I'll just let our football do the talking.

Salvadora

I'm not saying you have lost each and every time because you've succumbed to pressure.

I'm saying the reason nobody backs Arsenal to win is because your record shows you haven't got it in you.

You can disagree if you want but there's no reason for anybody to change their minds. You bottle it rather frequently.
Of course I will disagree, because Arsenal's recent history in the Champions League hasn't due to a problem with mentality. It's been down to a gulf in quality.

I'm not denying that there has been a problems on the mental side, it's been there for everyone to see, but we haven''t shown it in a European context. Despite everyone expecting us to.

Look at Marc's original post, that's why I found it objectionable.

Hahahahaha. So we can't beat a good team at home anymore. And Spurs. Ok.

Arsenal could tell you a thing or two.

Freaky result that, nothing more, like the Newcastle 4-4 result years back.

Arsenal went in with a lack of respect and rightly got hammered.

I don't think you can beat teams who are defensily solid.

That Arsenal result away could tell you a thing or two.

FuturusX

Good win. Hendo's 1st goal was sublime. I didn't wake up in time for the game. Perhaps that was a good thing.

It's still in our hands. At that the start of the season if you offered me Liverpool in 4th with 11 games to go. You'd have no hand left.

Blablurn

Bla we would beat Bayern in a cup match so you SHUT YOUR MOUTH

So? Previous Arsenal teams could easily have bottled that game. Sunderland have beaten City, Chelsea and Everton this season. When we face City at home, I'm sure we'll win. The FA cup tie vs Liverpool was also a good measure of our mentality, we won that game despite losing 5-1 to the same team barely a week earlier. I'll just let our football do the talking.

I respect both opinions.

Barzul

Liverpool's "DNA" won them a CL.

It's won them alot in recent years despite having a shit team.

DNA is the wrong word for it really, it's just that they're not pussies, which is your main problem.

By a lot, you mean one League cup in 2012? Is there any Liverpool fan that wouldn't trade the League Cup you won in 2012 for consecutive CL spot finishes since you dropped out of it and the potential players (and trophies) it would have brought you?

Yen

By a lot, you mean one League cup in 2012? Is there any Liverpool fan that wouldn't trade the League Cup you won in 2012 for consecutive CL spot finishes since you dropped out of it and the potential players (and trophies) it would have brought you?

If Liverpool had gotten consecutive CL finishes in the years you have, we would have at least been able to make a challenge once, or have an upset (knock out a big team)

Sakho seems to be the only one that knows Mig just isn't coming off his line ever.

That Skrtel is still leaving balls for him to come and collect at this point is mental.

To be fair, sometimes the ball is rolling in the box for a good 2 or 3 seconds, and Mignolet hasn't even started to move from his line. It makes the defenders nervous since the other option is normally to boot it out for a throw, and they don't want to do that and give possession away when they should be able to just shield the ball for half a second and allow Mig to pick it up.

I wish Reina was still good.

Have to play 4-2-1-2-1 against Southampton, with one in front of the defense, they will molest us

sohois

Arsenal fan mentality. Trade an actual, real trophy for 'potential trophies'. Competing in the champions league is nice, but I don't think something like consecutive 4th place finishes and not building towards anything is worth the trade

Barzul

If Liverpool had gotten consecutive CL finishes in the years you have, we would have at least been able to make a challenge once, or have an upset (knock out a big team)

You can't know that, it's just wishful thinking (and I get it), because you haven't even been able to finish 4th in the league. No one know what you could or couldn't have done. You might have gotten knocked out in the group stage, might have won it a la Chelsea.

Walshy

I wouldn't trade it.

Considering all our club went through with the likes of Hodgson, Hicks, Gillet and Purslow, I wouldn't trade it. We needed a complete restructure through the whole club, our four seasons following Benitez going in 2010. Being out of the CL has allowed us to do that and if we made the CL in 09/10 H&G would probably still be here.

Ah, I thought they won the FA Cup in one of the last few years too.

But even then, they've won 3 or 4 trophies since you last one won and their team has been pretty shit for most of that time.

I'm not saying Liverpool have a better team than Arsenal or that they wouldn't make that trade. I don't give a fuck about Liverpool. But they are a club that has an inner strength which can help them excel, which is essential in winning trophies - and Arsenal don't have that.

FuturusX

Not sure what the argument is. Liverpool's past success is wellspring of belief that has driven them on in the lean years.

pulga

Banned
mazzarrimerda.gif

Inter dropped points at home to Cagliari

arguably the worst side away from home

mazzarrimerda.gif

YES MOYES!!!!

ive just had my first taste of genuine inter despair

im working on my midterm at an italian classmate's who's a diehard merda fan

was punching the walls and screaming things i couldnt understand lolololololol

Status
Not open for further replies.