• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

Time to celebrate.

i6UHguSsHqDwI.gif

We're soo fucking lucky that Lukaku is out for Everton and that Pardew just wants a payout, or else we really would be fucked.

It really felt like you might be just quietly clanking your way to fourth, waiting for us to slip up. Hope this doesn't lead to complacency, 4th+ is not guaranteed yet, especially with our 2 next away games, and we should be looking to creep above Arsenal

Showaddy

Time to crack open the whiskey. Amazing how Swansea can playing in the Europa and score 3 at Anfield, we cant even get 1 past Norwich.

At least that mong Sherwood's gone now.

Kassu

Banned
Spurs never, EVER, perform well after a Europa League game. Home or away.

Might do them best if they just lose to Dnipro.
Funny thing is that if they lose to Dnipro they are just more likely to qualify for EL again. That could ruin their next season as well.

Into

Tevez!!

Also, Pokemans are being released left and right on that Twitch thing, good to see, now they are trying to release the rest of them.

I hope he doesn't get suspended....cause their next match is against Ajax.

Twente was awful the first 70-odd minutes. Feyenoord was one step ahead all the time. But after the 2-1 Twente stopped being afraid and became dominant. Lots of stalling and panicking by Fey, they forgot to keep cool like Psv did a few weeks ago. Tie was deserved, but I'm not exactly neutral ofc.

Some questionable ref calls, Koeman feels they were robbed. There will be a lot of arguing and crying on the long bus ride home, hahaha :D

He's definitely going to get suspended after the precedence Pieters set, but he's going to play against Ajax after they obviously appeal. I think Feyenoord got screwed a bit, last goal seemed offside but it's a tough call. But they didn't deserve shit, they got scared and parked the bus after the 0-2.

Linius

He's definitely going to get suspended after the precedence Pieters set, but he's going to play against Ajax after they obviously appeal. I think Feyenoord got screwed a bit, last goal seemed offside but it's a tough call. But they didn't deserve shit, they got scared and parked the bus after the 0-2.

They are obviously robbed, right in the third minute it should have been a penalty + red for Marsman. That offside goal is a bit more difficult to call.

I truly wish Christian Bolanos would just die so we could get rid of him already. Another fat cunt like Daniel Braaten needs to be exiled back to Norway.

In theory, yeah, but look at the massive personal change happening in the summer.

Before you know, you'll be playing FC Chornomorets Odesa with Rooney on the pitch.

Welberg
Lingard Powell Nani/Valencia/Young
Cleverley Fellaini
Buttner Smalling Jones Varela/Vermijl
Lindegaard

Assuming United get another cb and some midfielders.

Scum

Hendo should be on the plane to Brazil.

It really felt like you might be just quietly clanking your way to fourth, waiting for us to slip up. Hope this doesn't lead to complacency, 4th+ is not guaranteed yet, especially with our 2 next away games, and we should be looking to creep above Arsenal

Nah. Fourth is yours. I expect more slip ups from us. We have to put up with West Ham, Stoke and Fulham nearer the end of the season and we all know how that will turn out.
I've always seen us as a 5th placed/Europa Lge QF/maybe SF team. I don't see us ever being good enough for fourth. 'Arry did a great job getting us into CL, but I'd like to see us have a season like Liverpool are having. Just some consistency and having the balls to show up.

Fergie

Banned
David Moyes and Wayne Rooney have hailed the return to fitness of Marouane Fellaini after the Belgium international impressed during the win at Crystal Palace.

The midfielder sat in a deeper role alongside Michael Carrick in what was his first game since 4 December because of wrist and groin injuries.

Fellaini caught the eye, and indeed could have scored in the 2-0 victory at Selhurst Park when set up by Juan Mata in the first half. Robin van Persie and Wayne Rooney struck the killer blows after the break and ensured a vital three points for the Reds.

While the standout moment of the game was undoubtedly Rooney’s sublime goal, the striker was keen to praise Fellaini’s contribution afterwards, as was his manager.

“I thought he did really well,” Rooney told MUTV. “He’s a good player and different to anything we’ve got. He’s big and strong in the middle of the park and can get up and down the pitch. He did really well against Palace, especially with it being his first start in a while. I’m delighted for him.”

Moyes agreed: “I’m pleased with how he played. He did well. He’s come in and given us something different which we hoped he would. He made a chance for himself and should have scored, but it was only his first game for nearly three months, so he needs a bit of time to settle. Everyone needs that at times."

Have any of the players that Bale money got spent on been a real success?

Eriksen and Paulinho have been okay
Soldado's been poor
Chadli's been a non-entity
Lamela's been a parody of Jovetic
Capoue isn't worth talking about.

L1NETT

Is it next season the EL winners get Champions League qualification? That might provide some impetus into the competition. The god awful group stages mean they won't sadly

Make it a straight knockout (no replays). Less TV and ad money, but the weekley sap on one's league form might make up for that.

cremino

Is it next season the EL winners get Champions League qualification? That might provide some impetus into the competition. The god awful group stages mean they won't sadly

Make it a straight knockout (no replays). Less TV and ad money, but the weekley sap on one's league form might make up for that.

Yup

Salvadora

Welberg
Lingard Powell Nani/Valencia/Young
Cleverley Fellaini
Buttner Smalling Jones Varela/Vermijl
Lindegaard

Assuming United get another cb and some midfielders.
Think you'd see a stronger side than that to avoid any potential embarrassment, especially when Moyesian injuries come into play.

And players like Nani could be gone this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom