• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
62axLpg.png

Think you'd see a stronger side than that to avoid any potential embarrassment, especially when Moyesian injuries come into play.

And players like Nani could be gone this summer.

I know Nani could be gone. That is why I listed Young and Valencia too. We all know those guys are staying.

Barzul

Is it next season the EL winners get Champions League qualification? That might provide some impetus into the competition. The god awful group stages mean they won't sadly

Make it a straight knockout (no replays). Less TV and ad money, but the weekley sap on one's league form might make up for that.
I agree that making it straight knockout would improve the competition.

Suen

Suen, Parma has one job left this season. ONE JOB.

Yeah, maaaybe, dunno, feels longer. Not that he's been terrible or anything and it's our whole squad that's been going through a rough-ish patch, but still. He can and must do more. We need his price to stay at 70M€, after all.
Pls Juve are in the way of our EL ambitions. We must slay you in Turin.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Have any of the players that Bale money got spent on been a real success?

Eriksen and Paulinho have been okay
Soldado's been poor
Chadli's been a non-entity
Lamela's been a parody of Jovetic
Capoue isn't worth talking about.

Eriksen and Chiriches have been excellent, Paulinho decent but still not up to speed with the PL.

Lamela has never played. Until last week Capoue hardly ever played. Chadli and Soldado have not done anything. None of them are awful but we certainly don't have any world class attacking players anymore.

Feorax

Our next 2 games are away to Southampton and then United, with 35 days until our next home game because the Sunderland game has been postponed.

That gap is going to be very useful.

Is it next season the EL winners get Champions League qualification? That might provide some impetus into the competition. The god awful group stages mean they won't sadly

Make it a straight knockout (no replays). Less TV and ad money, but the weekley sap on one's league form might make up for that.

You should write a letter to Platini.

Walshy

Our next 2 games are away to Southampton and then United, with 35 days until our next home game because the Sunderland game has been postponed.

That gap is going to be very useful.
Would love to beat the Saints.

We really owe them one after them last two losses.

is anyone else watching the ceremony?

this bear.

i'm dying.

Furry GAF are rock hard right now

UwGfpU9.png

Eriksen and Chiriches have been excellent, Paulinho decent but still not up to speed with the PL.

Lamela has never played. Until last week Capoue hardly ever played. Chadli and Soldado have not done anything. None of them are awful but we certainly don't have any world class attacking players anymore.

I've yet to see Soldado not look awful.

Lamela has never played. Until last week Capoue hardly ever played. Chadli and Soldado have not done anything.

Forgot about Chiriches. He's been good when I've seen him.

What is actually going on with Eriksen? I was reluctant to call him very good since I assumed my opinion of him was wrong, given he fact that he didn't play today :p

Scum

Have any of the players that Bale money got spent on been a real success?

Eriksen and Paulinho have been okay
Soldado's been poor
Chadli's been a non-entity
Lamela's been a parody of Jovetic
Capoue isn't worth talking about.
Doesn't help that AVB was too damn rigid with them and Tim "Boycie" Sherwood is looking after them now. D:
Watch them turn out great elsewhere if any of them leave. Not that I'd want that.
With regards to Eriksen. Well, Sherwood, innit. :-/

We were talking about this exact same setup at work the other day. Straight up knockout fest. Would be more fun that way.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vidal is out next week

Pirlo, Pogba and Tevez are next to get booked.

We'll play Milan with a midfield of Padoin-Marchisio-Peluso.

I'll take Cleverley at this point

Elchele

we were pretty good today, great to have Schweinsteiger back bossing the midfield. And now alongside Lahm! Lahm-Schweinsteiger holding midfield DAMN

wedward

Yes they have.

Arsenal haven't got it in them to go an assert themselves and win games, to put pressure on teams when it counts to go and get the job done.

What happened on Wednesday was a good example. Actually started the game well but just completely shat the bed when you might have had a chance and then Wenger proceeded to let the widest pussy stay out their all night doing absolutely nothing.

It's a mental problem at Arsenal.

The best team doesn't always win the CL. It's not a league. Heart goes a long way in the European Cup.

How many banal cliches can you include in one post? Good lord.

Suen

Stop Roma, then we can talk about it.
Beating Roma away would be such a huge boost but they rarely have bad days this season. I'm expecting a loss but hope to be proven wrong. I hope we can win tomorrow against Fiore though a draw wouldn't surprise me, they usually cause lots of problems for us at Tardini.

Btw while I'm at it I'm really hoping Cerri get some first-team experience next season. Looks very promising, homegrown player and has been called to U21 at the age of 17.

Zabojnik

Vidal is out next week

Still managable with Marchisio, but we're absolutely fucked if one of the other three gets booked. I'm praying here.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Forgot about Chiriches. He's been good when I've seen him.

What is actually going on with Eriksen? I was reluctant to call him very good since I assumed my opinion of him was wrong, given he fact that he didn't play today :p

Eriksen started every game under Sherwood until Everton, he was poor that day but played well until then. He was rested against Newcastle, I don't know why he didn't play. He might have an injury.

Sandro is the player we are missing most, he's not played since he got injured against Liverpool.

Zlatan Ibrahimović ‏@Ibra_official 5m
I have not talked to any UK journalist or anybody at The Mirror, not the first time this happens.The Mirror is a joke!http://bit.ly/Mirror-Article

Fucking joke of a paper

Actually the Mirror is really trustworthy. If you see a rumor in the Mirror you know it's false, great way to debunk transfer rumors.

I'm already hearing too many Feyenoord fans claiming the league doesn't want them to succeed and are actively working against them, but I guess that's to be expected after getting screwed today. I hope Pelle doesn't get suspended for next game, I don't want any excuses :)

arkon

Vidal is out next week

Be careful what you wish for.

Zlatan Ibrahimović ‏@Ibra_official 5m
I have not talked to any UK journalist or anybody at The Mirror, not the first time this happens.The Mirror is a joke!http://bit.ly/Mirror-Article

Fucking joke of a paper

The best bit: “The last time I faced England, which is supposed to be the best players in the Premier League, what happened? "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom