• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Jenkinson and Monreal are potential hiccups imo

Jenkinson hasn't been looking great since his Chelsea disaster.

SASSASSSS or whatever jt's called might tear them a new one

Fancy pool, 2-1.

Blablurn

vorsprung durch technik

#packmas

icRJqOC4SZXkL.gif

Glad to see Allen and Agger back in the side. Good to see Joao on the bench again as well, let hope he gets some more minutes today.

Hopefully Jones plays well, he should be more commanding in the box to what Mignolet has been lately. Since Aston Villa and that mistake, he's been really cautious about coming to collect the ball from crosses.

He was staying on his line as well when the defenders were shielding the ball waiting for him to pick it up, which is very worrying. Obviosuly Toure and Skrtel were most at fault for the goals at Fulham (Toure especially, that one was all on him), but it must be unnerving for a centre back to have no idea if the keeper is going to leave his line to help them out, or if he'll stay rooted and leave them to clear the ball themselves even when its rolling harmelessly towards goal

He has the physique to deal with this stuff even if he's pretty slow across the ground, so I don't know why he hasn't been coached from the start to command his box. Pure shot-stoppers at the top level are outdated tbh

Walshy

It's a shame about Henderson being injured. I've got a suspicion that we're gonna miss him today. But Kolo out for Agger is great news.

Edit: Shit, just noticed Brad Jones is in! WTF? Arsenal will get about 8 goals!
Brad Jones isn't that bad. He is probably a better keeper than Fabianski.

Allen will have to cover a lot of ground to make up for the loss of Henderson and his pressing.

Fabianski; Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal; Arteta, Flamini; Chamberlain, Ozil, Podolski; Sanogo

Strong team that, barring Sanogo who is an unknown quantity
I'm worried about Podolski. He will cause us a few problems.

phaze

I've always liked that song.

Belfast, Piece by Piece and Spider's Web are best of what I've heard from Melua. Must check her newest records kinda forgotten about her lately.

Lol. Rest ozil. Play carzola

He's ill I think

Fabianski; Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal; Arteta, Flamini; Chamberlain, Ozil, Podolski; Sanogo

Strong team that, barring Sanogo who is an unknown quantity

Not sure about Monreal, wonder why Gibbs isn't playing at all lately.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Monreal? This guy got destroyed by Liverpool once already, why not Gibbs? Even Vermaelen would be better than him.

Wilbur

Banned
Jenkinson and Monreal are potential hiccups imo

Jenkinson hasn't been looking great since his Chelsea disaster.

SASSASSSS or whatever jt's called might tear them a new one

Fancy pool, 2-1.

Think Arse might pull it out of the bag today for some reason. I'm hoping not, Liverpool win would please me if only to see Arsenal go another year without a trophy.

jtb

Banned
sanogo??? lol christ. onwards to bayern, I guess

I have to assume Giroud is being rested rather than being punished

Feorax

Monreal? This guy got destroyed by Liverpool once already, why not Gibbs? Even Vermaelen would be better than him.

There's also Jenkinson v Suarez.

If we turn up today we're going to cause some real trouble for Arsenal. No guarantee we will though, that's the only thing.

jtb

Banned
I have no idea why Wenger refuses to start Podolski up front. surely it's better than the unknown quality that is Sanogo

jtb

Banned
also I'm shocked Ozil is starting again. I would much rather have played Rosicky or Cazorla; Cazorla at least has proven to be relatively indestructible and can handle a few games in a row

King_Moc

Banned
They played this live when I saw them in December, it was amazing

Yeah, i saw them play it at Glasto last year and it was great. Not sure how anyone could prefer a trendy soft, 'heartfelt' female acoustic cover to that. Haven;t we had enough of those?

There's also Jenkinson v Suarez.

If we turn up today we're going to cause some real trouble for Arsenal. No guarantee we will though, that's the only thing.

It's Liverpool away from home. Anything could happen. The only thing they've been consistent with is their inconsistency.

phaze

also I'm shocked Ozil is starting again. I would much rather have played Rosicky or Cazorla; Cazorla at least has proven to be relatively indestructible

Santi's unavailable. Sick in bed since Friday or so.

Gonna start on FMA before the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom