• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danchi

Sanogo will score. The new Anichebe.

What's he actually like? Don;t have a clue about his actual ability

BRAWL! Deducted Everton points pls

He's played very few minutes. He played most of the game against Napoli (I think?) in pre-season and he never really got hold of the game. Missed a couple of chances and he didn't hold the ball up particularly well.

Other than that I don't think he's played more than like twenty minutes combined in a couple of sub appearances right at the start of the season.

Kikarian

Even looking at Benitez makes me twitch. Can't wait until wooden takes him hostage
potato0730.jpg

jtb

Banned
There's also Jenkinson v Suarez.

If we turn up today we're going to cause some real trouble for Arsenal. No guarantee we will though, that's the only thing.

Jenkinson is good, I have full confidence in him. He came of age in that game at Anfield last season.

Monreal is a big worry though, you'll probably have a lot of success down that flank.

Santi's unavailable. Sick in bed since Friday or so.

Gonna start on FMA before the game.

ah, didn't realize that. figured he was fit since he was on the bench.

Arnie

JENKINSON is good (that was autocorrect)

Sanogo on the other hand...

Four pints down...

Poetry in motion tralalalala

Feorax

Jenkinson is good, I have full confidence in him. He came of age in that game at Anfield last season.

He's a good player on his day, but he's had a few wobbles recently. He's probably about where he should be in his development really, but even the best fullbacks are going to struggle with Suarez.

Like I said, a lot of today is going to depend on if we turn up or not.

I have to say I would rather watch Liverpool win, as they've shown immense potential and I want them guarantee a CL spot next season. Selling Suarez would be horrible, and Liverpools growth would would hit a wall brick like Tottenham this season.

Arnie

I have to say I would rather watch Liverpool win, as they've shown immense potential and I want them guarantee a CL spot next season. Selling Suarez would be horrible, and Liverpools growth would would hit a wall brick like Tottenham this season.
You're cool, can

jtb

Banned
@Zonal_Marking
From brief sightings of Sanogo, he makes very good runs into the channels but is a little clumsy on the ball. Very different from Giroud.

but... the hold up play....

actually, I'm not too concerned about Sanogo tbh. He sounded a lot like an Adebayor type when he arrived; quick, pretty physical, decent aerial threat, terrible finisher. Biggest worry is that he's obviously made of glass and he's probably really really rusty. if Wenger prefers him to Bendtner, then I guess that's a very strong vote of confidence that I can't ignore

lol

What about Perin?

Do you know when the last time we spent real money on a keeper was? Me neither.

Agazzi is free, therefore he is better in Galliani's mind. I'm pretty sure we've already signed him to a pre-contract. I'm still holding out hope that he is coming in to be Amelia's replacement, but looking at Galliani's recent track record, I wouldn't be surprised if he is our new #1.

Danchi

Everton are really going to struggle next year without their loan signings, unless they find a way to make them permanent.

Been rumblings they'll sign Barry permanently for a while. I don't think Deulofeu has been critical to their season so far though he has been used well as an impact sub. They'll definitely need to sign a striker.

Martinez does rate Kone though.

I think people have made too big of a deal out of the loaners anyway. They were offered two of the best young players out there.

wedward

@Zonal_Marking
From brief sightings of Sanogo, he makes very good runs into the channels but is a little clumsy on the ball. Very different from Giroud.

but... the hold up play....

actually, I'm not too concerned about Sanogo tbh. He sounded a lot like an Adebayor type when he arrived; quick, pretty physical, decent aerial threat, terrible finisher. Biggest worry is that he's obviously made of glass and he's probably really really rusty. if Wenger prefers him to Bendtner, then I guess that's a very strong vote of confidence that I can't ignore

lol

Bendtner isn't on the bench. I don't think there was a decision to make.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Atalanta just scored a hilarious own goal in their game against Parma. The defender chested the ball right into his own goal. That was Kaladze-caliber.

Feorax

So if we get past the team we put 5 past last week, we then have to play at home against the team we put 4 past the week before.

My dreams of the mersey semi are dashed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom