• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Football Manager 2014 RVP has a clause in his contract that has his wages to always match the highest earner.

Wondering if it that really is true, and he's also getting 300,000 pounds a week.

Arnie

One season without Champions League is no big problem. I just think very highly of United (as a club in general), they are just a level above most other clubs.
You're being naive.

A year before Liverpool lost out on the Champions League they were genuine title contenders with a team that could annihilate the likes of Real Madrid. Then they lost an influential player, then the manager left, then we hired Hodgson. One, two, three. Count the body blows.

Now look at Manchester United. Look at their manager. Look at their performances. Look at the impending lack of Champions League football. Look at the imminent outcry from their fanbase over their managerial and ownership situation. Look at their desperation to sign ageing players who aren't athletically blessed or overly health conscious, and on inflated contracts to boot.

Look at the signs and the roadmap and the ripples in the lake my friend.

Look at the big club fall.

Look at the massive entity crumble.

Then turn to Brendan, the man who defied fate, the man who will take your Kroos and have him clean the boots of Jordan Brian Henderson.

Barzul

United would be crazy to offer Kroos 300k, that's just not sustainable. But they're desperate so I wouldn't put it past em.

rvy

Banned
markovicp8xsk.gif

markovic-2cbafc.gif

markovic-3wex8k.gif

dat Marko

dat vic

dat ball control

dat pass

dat hnnnnnng

dat salt

I don't see you about much. Busy these days, eh? New job? New woman? Uni?? All of the above?? 😙
Lol, well let's see; I don't have a gf, don't go to Uni and I have a shitty part-time job which I've been in for about 18 months.

I spend too much time browsing this site when I should be posting more, I guess.

Clegg

Just a matter of where Januzaj starts, assuming he will ofc. Rooney, RVP, Januzaj and one of Valencia or Young.

I imagine we'll see Carrick and Fellaini start too. They've yet to show any decent sort of partnership.

Scum

Lol, well let's see; I don't have a gf, don't go to Uni and I have a shitty part-time job which I've been in for about 18 months.

I spend too much time browsing this site when I should be posting more, I guess.
Ah. Work. :-(
Can't wait to finish in 20mins.

K1LLER7

“We’ve been working hard in training to develop a good understanding, making sure we keep the ball around their penalty box and trying to create chances,” Rooney said.

ibhRNR4Hx6Iji3.gif

Giggs, Valencia and Young to start tomorrow....

ijNmzFrSfSTvc.gif

Jarnet87

Just a matter of where Januzaj starts, assuming he will ofc. Rooney, RVP, Januzaj and one of Valencia or Young.

I imagine we'll see Carrick and Fellaini start too. They've yet to show any decent sort of partnership.

They worked well in the first Leverkusen game. At least Moyes let Fellaini venture forward in the last game, even if most of the time it was for him to make a run to the far post and have it crossed in. Fellaini is gonna have to be the guy who gets forward since Moyes like Fergie has Carrick rooted to the center circle. Then again European teams for whatever reason still fear United in the group stage and didn't bothered to watch any of our league games. Maybe Olympiakos will have studied up some.

Wilbur

Banned
Missing the match tomorrow unfortunately.

But I expect to see:

DDG; Smalling, Rio, Vidic, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Giggs, Januzaj; Rooney, RVP

Although of course I'd rather see Fellaini, think he might be eased back into it. Is Rafael/Jones/Evans back? halp

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Is there Coke left or did you drink it all

speaking of coke, women and all of the above

I'm starting a band with Zabo, wanna join us? It's never too late.

“We’ve been working hard in training to develop a good understanding, making sure we keep the ball around their penalty box and trying to create chances,” Rooney said.

just me, or is he talking a lot to the media lately?

Hixx

The first time I've spent money on music since Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds is on an mp3 of D:Ream's Things Can Only Get Better.

The things you do for daft twitter Sunderland jokes.

Choon and all that

FootballFan

Missing the match tomorrow unfortunately.

But I expect to see:

DDG; Smalling, Rio, Vidic, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Giggs, Januzaj; Rooney, RVP

Although of course I'd rather see Fellaini, think he might be eased back into it. Is Rafael/Jones/Evans back? halp

Is this the final season for Giggs?

Wilbur

Banned
speaking of coke, women and all of the above

I'm starting a band with Zabo, wanna join us? It's never too late.

just me, or is he talking a lot to the media lately?

YESPLEASE

Can we be called New Potato and do acoustic ukulele covers of Anal Cunt songs? And we can have potato themed stage names

I'll be king edward and you be maris piper and zabo can be jersey royal

Still some left m8

I don't work nights, but I'd imagine it's absolute hell :( sorry man

I'll buy some more anyway baby. Let us watch the league and chortle into the night

The first time I've spent money on music since Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds is on an mp3 of D:Ream's Things Can Only Get Better.

The things you do for daft twitter Sunderland jokes.

Choon and all that

I was listening to like a prayer in the work kitchen earlier. Choon 2

D:ream is just a fucking top name

Is this the final season for Giggs?

Probably. Well, I say that every year.

GorillaJu

On Zenit: "They barely scraped by to get through the group stage, only 6 points. I think it's a record low to get through. They're an awful team and the sooner they're out the better."

I love you Barry Glendenning

Wilbur

Banned
Just finished TD ep 6, how many more ep are in this season?

wot woz ur fve epsode

God, imagine if McConaughey had spent his entire career picking material like this. First ten years are full of interesting roles and then he went on auto pilot for a decade save one or two films. He's genuinely incredible in TD and DBC.

On Zenit: "They barely scraped by to get through the group stage, only 6 points. I think it's a record low to get through. They're an awful team and the sooner they're out the better."

I love you Barry Glendenning

I guess I can't really argue with him considering that he's an expert on awful teams being a Sunderland fan and all.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
YESPLEASE

Can we be called New Potato and do acoustic ukulele covers of Anal Cunt songs? And we can have potato themed stage names

I'll be king edward and you be maris piper and zabo can be jersey royal

on second thoughts, we're full.

btw FWIW, my potato themed stage name is Iniesta.

Hixx

I guess I can't really argue with him considering that he's an expert on awful teams being a Sunderland fan and all.

oh u mad

Barry Glendenning talking about whatever team he is talking about is the most exposure you will get in ur history sviat my friend

Him and Jono Wilson both Mackem fans?

Friends in the media.

Kevin Maguire as well but him and Wilson are cunts

edit: ignore Maguire I honestly thought he was a football writer LOL

Wilbur

Banned
on second thoughts, we're full.

btw FWIW, my potato themed stage name is Iniesta.

loooooool

Nah serious, listen, have you heard me sing bohemian rhapsody, I have an impressive range. I did a nice cover of Pale Blue Eyes for Bud last week <3 but then he did a gorgeous rendition of Sugartown.

I love Wild Beasts. Two Dancers is one of my favorite albums.

Yeah, me too, they're incredible. Bed Of Nails is one of my very favourite songs, it's so hypnotic.

Man, if we had beaten Napoli, we'd only be 10 points from the CL spot. :-/

We're only eleven from Liverpool hnnnnngggghhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom