• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
imo, Manutd would do well to attempt to sign Felix magath to replace david moyes. no joke

also, Madrid still has a lot to prove. we cannot be complacent after that 6-1 result.
our boys need to step their game up the next couple of matches. I fear the result will get into carlo's fat head as well as the team.

lastly, I hope manutd stick with moyes. you don't get anywhere with kneejerk decisions.
iwF1FEFcIeUiX.gif

pulga

Banned
imo, Manutd would do well to attempt to sign Felix magath to replace david moyes. no joke.

also, Madrid still has a lot to prove. we cannot be complacent after that 6-1 result.
our boys need to step their game up the next couple of matches. I fear the result will get into carlo's fat head as well as the team.

lastly, I hope manutd stick with moyes. you don't get anywhere with kneejerk decisions.

inb4 "coming from a Madrid fan, this is golden"

LTWheels

I was looking up the World Cup draw on a whim today, and it got me in the mood to make a crazy and bold prediction. It's not really in my nature to do so, but I don't think anyone is interested in reading a range of probability distributions over expected outcomes, so I figured a more definitive approach was better. so:

England are going to reach the Semi-Finals at the 2014 World Cup (and probably play terrible football all the way there)

My reasoning: first of all I don't think the group stage poses a big challenge. I see a win over Costa Rica, and a 1-1 draw and 1-0 win over the other 2. Hodgson has already shown he can grind out a result against Italy, and that was with the super shitty Euros team. As for Uruguay, yes they have Suarez, but the rest of the team? Cavani doesn't do well for them, whilst the others are all either well past it or players who couldn't cut it in Europe.

Then you get to the 4th round and things are decidedly easier here. Group D contains Colombia (sans Falcao), Ivory Coast, Japan and Greece. It won't be pretty, but 2-1 wins against any of those lot.

So getting to the Quarter finals doesn't really seem much of a challenge to me. Reaching the Semis seems a much taller order, with Spain as likely opponents if England win the group. I'm assuming here that Hodgson will set up with his usual super defensive tactics, but against Spain it will be to their advantage. The Barca cunts who make up the spine of the team, when faced with the defensive stuff they have failed against time and again, suffer a mass breakdown and England nick the win from a set-piece.

So that's the path to the Semis. England's luck probably runs out by that time and they get hammered. That's my bet.

Of course this is all reliant on Hodgson taking a semblance of decent players and not fucking Cleverly and Lampard.

Roy will get his chance this WC to lead liverpool players to glory if he plays a tweaked version of Brendan's Liverpool.

Pretty much all the attacking players are already in place and use to the system. Add better defenders and either Barry of Whilshere to midfield.

#WCGLORY WOYKNIGHTHOOD

Hey guys, I know many of you are knowledgeable about international players/teams so I was wondering if you guys had any insight on my local MLS teams pick-ups before the season starts..

Vincent Nogueira
Vincent Nogueira
16 January 1988 (age 26)
Besançon, France
1.69 m (5 ft 7 in)
Midfielder
Vincent%20Nogueira.jpg

Vincent Nogueira, who is of Portuguese origin, began his youth career at the training center of FC Sochaux. With the Sochaux youth team he won the Coupe Gambardella in 2007. Following his displays with the youth team Nogueira was promoted to the first team in 2007. He was limited by injuries for the next few seasons. During 2009/10 he had a promising start to the season as he was named best Sochaux player for August 2009. He scored his first goal in Ligue 1 the last day of the 2010/2011 in a 1-3 victory over AC Arles-Avignon. During the 2012-2013 season Nogueira scored his first double in Ligue 1 on 26 April 2013 in a 3-3 draw with Lille, scoring on two late freekicks.

Cristian Maidana
Cristian Óscar Maidana
January 24, 1987 (age 27)
Chaco Province, Argentina
1.81 m (5 ft 11 in)
Winger
Cristian%20Maidana.jpg

Maidana made his professional debut for Banfield in 2006, and rapidly established himself as a regular first-team player. In December 2007, the Argentine club reached an agreement with Spartak Moscow for Maidana's transfer to the Russian side for a $3.5 million fee. On January 16, 2009 he was loaned to Recreativo Huelva. In the second half of the year, he returned to Spartak but was seriously injured in his very first game after the comeback (a Russian Cup match against FC Moscow).
On December 14, 2010, Maidana was loaned to Huracán, back in Argentina.In the middle of 2011 he signed with the club Rangers de Talca of Chile, being together with Gabriel Roth, star reinforcements for the talquino team which won promotion to the first division. In early 2012, renewed its link with Rangers for the next 2 seasons. On July 19, 2012 the Rangers president, Richard Pini, confirmed his move to Atlante of Mexico at a conference at the Estadio Fiscal de Talca. After several days of talks, on July 26, 2012, Jose Antonio Garcia, CEO of Atlante confirmed his arrival at the club.
For the 2013-2014 season Maidana returned to Argentina to play for Argentinos Juniors.

I'm guessing these guys arent the best of the best but have any of you seen them play or heard these names before? Quality additions to the team?

We did pick up Maurice Edu so hopefully the three of them compliment each other.

Turok_TTZ

inb4 "coming from a Madrid fan, this is golden"

I've been playing too much football manager recently and david moyes in my current playthrough actually took manutd to the cl final, losing out to Carlo Ancelotti's real madrid.
also if you recognise, what i said is one of the responses when asked about a coach under fire in football manager.

imo, Manutd would do well to attempt to sign Felix magath to replace david moyes. no joke.

Repalce him with Magath

No knee jerk reaction

Zabojnik

That "Friend's New Girlfriend Has Slept With Over 80 Men. Too Many Partners?" thread over in OT is pretty good. The people pretending it doesn't matter at all are the best, lol.

bjaelke

Eto'o told Sky Sports News: "I am Samuel Eto'o, what can I say? If at 36 and 37 I can score three goals at Manchester City it means that I still have some juice and I can even score until I am 50."

Bento

That "Friend's New Girlfriend Has Slept With Over 80 Men. Too Many Partners?" thread over in OT is pretty good. The people pretending it doesn't matter at all are the best, lol.
Like Aena says though:
That is less than one person per month since she was 18. That doesn't really seem all that crazy to me.
Doesn't seem so bad to me :X Don't think having one sex partner a month is that uncommon in Metropolitan Sweden and don't really see the problem with it either tbh :p

Zabojnik

Like Aena says though:

Doesn't seem so bad to me :X

It's not about 'good' or 'bad'. She likes to fuck, good for her, so do I. But to suggest her boyfriend, who's apparently very much into her, shouldn't care or think about it AT ALL ... Come on now.

Bento

It's not about 'good' or 'bad'. She likes to fuck, good for her, so do I. But to suggest her boyfriend, who's apparently very much into her, shouldn't care or think about it AT ALL ... Come on now.
But why though? :p She's 25 and transitioning/maturing into her mid-late twenties. Priorities, lifestyle and desires changes. She's probably if nothing else a really good lay lol.

EDIT: But eh, if the guy doesn't feel comfortable then he just should decline and look for someone else, but I do think finding a girl with few partners will become harder and harder as time progresses and it's something we're probably gonna have to get used to :p

EDIT2: or at least in Metropolitan areas, rural areas tend to lean towards fewer partners.

Zabojnik

But why though? :p She's 25 and transitioning/maturing into her mid-late twenties. Priorities, lifestyle and desires changes. She's probably if nothing else a really good lay lol.

So you're saying she's suddenly just flipped a switch and now it's one guy for the rest of her life. Sure, everything's possible, I guess. I'm not judging her or saying her bf should send her to a convent or whatever. It's just that in my experience people are what they are, not what you wish them to be. At the very least it's something he shouldn't be afraid to discuss with her, if he's concerned about it. She was honest about it with him, that should definitely count for something too.

Zabojnik

Dat STEM lifestyle.

Kharma-san, I want to sell my 570 GTX, add like 100€ and buy a new card that will carry until to the end of this year, when I plan on getting a new PC altogether. What should I be looking for? I'm rocking a slightly overclocked i7-2600K, btw.

Mastadon

Banned
So you're saying she's suddenly just flipped a switch and now it's one guy for the rest of her life. Sure, everything's possible, I guess. I'm not judging her or saying her bf should send her to a convent or whatever. It's just that in my experience people are what they are, not what you wish them to be. At the very least it's something he shouldn't be afraid to discuss with her, if he's concerned about it. She was honest about it with him, that should definitely count for something too.

Maybe she wasn't ready for a relationship prior to meeting the OP though? I had a lot of very short term relationships before I met my wife, but since then I've never been unfaithful. I'm not sure that your sexual history can be used to define your future behaviour in a relationship.

Zabojnik

Maybe she wasn't ready for a relationship prior to meeting the OP though? I had a lot of very short term relationships before I met my wife, but since then I've never been unfaithful. I'm not sure that your sexual history can be used to define your future behaviour in a relationship.

Maybe, maybe not. I just find it amusing when people pretend stuff like this doesn't or shouldn't mean anything at all, to anybody. It clearly means something to the OP, he should try and deal with it.

GorillaJu

It's really about the person. I feel like someone who chances rarely come for is just as likely to give into the rare opportunity as someone who got fucked a whole bunch in her life and just decided they've found someone worth settling with.

The guy would be able to tell what type she is. I've met some girls who are nymphos and they don't enjoy sex but they feel compelled to do it all the time. It's more likely she's the type that just enjoys it.

That said, the people who say it should have no bearing at all on your assessment of a person are wrong. A 25 year old whose slept with 80 people... that's a lot.

kharma45

Kharma-san, I want to sell my 570 GTX, add like 100€ and buy a new card that will carry until to the end of this year, when I plan on getting a new PC altogether. What should I be looking for? I'm rocking a slightly overclocked i7-2600K, btw.

What sites are reputable to buy from where you are?

Bento

I see where you're coming from now, I do think it is important however to take a persons current and past circumstances into account since we're so easily thrown between potential extremes (9-5 work days vs University life vs 3 months on an Australian zucchini farm). The way a person acts may differ wildly depending on where, when and with whom.

But I'll stop derailing this thread, thanks for remining polite though, I'm not good at articulating... well anything really lol :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom