• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

Nathan that makes no sense at all. I'll enjoy a re-watch of Superbad more than I'll enjoy a re-watch of Shawshank Redemption, but that doesn't fucking mean Superbad is better. What the hell are you on about lol

ibpz6UDLeDfccd.gif

Tron Legacy is better than Shawshank Redemption. TO ME. TO ME. Thats what opinions are about.

I have no respect for your opinion.

Wilbur

Banned
Nathan that makes no sense at all. I'll enjoy a re-watch of Superbad more than I'll enjoy a re-watch of Shawshank Redemption, but that doesn't fucking mean Superbad is better. What the hell are you on about lol

If you like Superbad more than Shawshank, surely you think Superbad is better?

What's the point of going "well this film is better, but I don't like it more"? Like I say, that's just people committing to something being artistically or technically of more merit without attributing personal feeling towards it.

Razor554

Return leg vs Shalke is five days before El Clasico. So happy we're gonna be able to field a B-team against them :3 Don't think Barca is gonna be able to do the same though...

Doesn't matter because we dont play CL that week. Our game vs City is week earlier.

Yeah but by definition opinions can't be wrong regardless of what you say...

Opinions can be bizarre and as close to wrong as you can get without leaving the definition of subjectivity though

Like, if someone said FFVII was too short. It's an opinion, by definition it can't be wrong, but its clearly ludicrous and deserving of being laughed out of the room.

pulga

Banned
If you like Superbad more than Shawshank, surely you think Superbad is better?

What's the point of going "well this film is better, but I don't like it more"? Like I say, that's just people committing to something being artistically or technically of more merit without attributing personal feeling towards it.

No. NO.

That definitely depends on the mood. Shawshank is intellectually stimulating, whilst you can enjoy Superbad by turning your brain off. Same thing with the EPL. It's mindless, stupid fun.

Doesn't matter because we dont play CL that week. Our game vs City is week earlier.

Hrm. Touché.

Yen

I have to admit, unfortunately, I can't see the Chosen One™ being at United at the end of the season. Giggs will steady the ship until then, then they'll get Klopp, spend £100m and beast the league.
Hopefully Brendan can be the one to end him, if he is going to go early.

FootballFan

C'mon guys cool it with the hostility.

And remember the only team to score from the EPL in this CL knockout round...was Chelsea

Remember Torres.

YNWA

Up the Liverpool.

Yen

I'm going to watch either Evil Dead 2013, or Cabin in the Woods. Seen both before, but the are both really good.

Careful now, you might post something thats against the general consensus.

I'd be more worried about posting something that isn't against the general consensus, all things considered.

But yeah, saw it for the first time a few months ago. It was good, not great. Just good.

Wilbur

Banned
I hadnt noticed that lolololol

AMAZING. IKER GOAT

Shawshank, obviously. But I have enough shit on my mind to bother getting upset by re-watching such a harrowing piece when I can just say "fuck it" and turn off and have mindless fun with Superbad.

You?

Superbad. Shawshank I don't really like; overlong, pretty boring, Morgan Freeman.

But you saying "obviously" implies that Shawshank is objectively the better movie, which is wrong because there's no such thing. And the same applies to football. It's all about subjectivity, and if you find yourself liking Premier League more than La Liga because it's more entertaining as opposed to just having better teams, then surely it's better?

And I'll have to point out, there's no problem with liking Shawshank more than Superbad of course. It's a subjective opinion; you showed preference for one over the other based on your personal feelings, as opposed to "well it's technically better"

Wilbur

Banned
I'm going to watch either Evil Dead 2013, or Cabin in the Woods. Seen both before, but the are both really good.

I didn't like ED13 that much, but Cabin in the Woods is really fun.

I'm going to watch something else now, or maybe play a game. let me turn on playstation now

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
YES! What say you Yurt? Would Juventas make the deal?

http://i.imgur.com/VxxZpws.jpg[IMG]
[/QUOTE]
they picked the wrong picture lol

Not with Conte around. Unless you're going to take them both? I don't care either way.

love that car, so hot. Shit colours though.

Wilbur

Banned
1) oh my god at this goal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac9q4esA8mk#t=11

2) my mum told me an hour ago I used to go to playgroup with this person

The mother of a thug who killed an autistic man dismissed his crime as ‘no big deal’ last night.

In a display of callous indifference, Sherron O’Hagan said she did not know ‘what all the fuss was about’.

Her son Lewis Gill killed Andrew Young with a single punch in an unprovoked attack captured on CCTV. He was given just four years but a public outcry may lead to a longer sentence.

Gill, a convicted robber, punched 40-year-old Mr Young to the ground on a busy Bournemouth street on November 6 last year. Shocking CCTV footage shows him calmly walking forward to deliver the deadly punch after Mr Young reprimanded his friend for cycling on the pavement.

Mr Young, who had Asperger’s and the mental age of a 14-year-old, fell back and cracked his head on the pavement. He died the next day with his 71-year-old mother at his bedside.

Gill, 20, pleaded guilty to manslaughter and was sentenced to four-and-a-half years by Judge Keith Cutler at Salisbury Crown Court.

oh my

Yen

Why I love LFC by Dr Dre
1st Nov 2001

The official LFC magazine revealed hip-hop's biggest superstar Dr Dre is a Liverpool fan on Tuesday night. Here's the strangest interview ever

So you like Liverpool?

Yeah! They're the team I always look out for when I'm at home. Back in 1988 I was in London on a promotional tour with NWA, and one night we were watching TV and these cool cats in red came on the box. They whupped some poor dudes four or five zip.

Do you remember any of the players from last night?

John Barnes. He was bad. Kinda reminded me of Magic Johnson. I'm from LA and dig the Lakers, especially when Magic was there, and Barnes was like him, in that he made the ball talk. The cat was cool.

Did you ever hear him rap?

No, but if he rapped like he played, I might have signed him up...

Do you know any of the current team?

Michael Owen is your most famous player in the States. Robbie Fowler and Jamie Redknapp are old school, so I've seen them play quite a few times. And there's the guy with the long hair. Help me out here...

Patrik Berger...

Bingo! He's the bomb!

Who's your favourite player?

Michael owen. Whoa!

What did you make of Liverpool's success last season?

I read about it when they won the Cup last May. My man Owen again, and then he was in a crazy game for England with volleyball scores against Germany. Liverpool's success is down to their manager. He's got everything running as smooth as the alphabet.

What's the football coverage like in America?

We have a review of English soccer every Monday on television, which I tune into if I can. America isn't a soccer nation, we tend to stick to our own sports like gridiron and baseball.

And what's your prediction for Liverpool this season?

They'll come ahead of Manchester United. That right there is the whole game.

Credit must go to MY insane memory/trivia knowledge for knowing Dre is a Liverpool fan.

pulga

Banned
Vidal to Barca? Over my dead fucking body. Or his. I'll pull a Mark David Chapman if I have to.

Superbad. Shawshank I don't really like; overlong, pretty boring, Morgan Freeman.

But you saying "obviously" implies that Shawshank is objectively the better movie, which is wrong because there's no such thing. And the same applies to football. It's all about subjectivity, and if you find yourself liking Premier League more than La Liga because it's more entertaining as opposed to just having better teams, then surely it's better?

And I'll have to point out, there's no problem with liking Shawshank more than Superbad of course. It's a subjective opinion; you showed preference for one over the other based on your personal feelings, as opposed to "well it's technically better"

Nope, wouldn't say it's better even then. Same reason why I'd rather watch Superbad than Shawshank, even though I consider the latter the much better movie. For. the. LOLS.

Shawshank is good. Not on my favorite movie lists but good, unlike Tron which is really movies knack. Just shit with a few crazies loving it, much like speed racer

pulga

Banned
Nah he just got socidad totally wrong. I don't think he will stay for another year though.

How could he though? He had just played them in the CDR.

Shawshank is good. Not on my favorite movie lists but good, unlike Tron which is really movies knack. Just shit with a few crazies loving it, much like speed racer

Mine either, just the first movie that came to mind which critics get their knickers wet for.

Pulp Fiction is my GOAT movie.

faridmon

Count me on the camp that think that opinion can be wrong.

Just the other day, I was reading a post that said that said Super Mario Galaxy was an awful game.

Fuck opinion, man.

pulga

Banned
Count me on the camp that think that opinion can be wrong.

Just the other day, I was reading a post that said that said Super Mario Galaxy was an awful game.

Fuck opinion, man.

Didn't we have people in here saying Ninja Theory is a better developer than Platinum Games just the other day?

Yeah. You heard right. Opinions are not exempt from being shit/wrong.

also, whoever said that about SMG needs to be castrated and fed his own cock.

Wilbur

Banned
Before I join team #OpinionsInnit, I have to say opinions can be wrong. If you're of the opinion that black or gay people are lesser than you are, that's clearly fucking wrong.

However, opinions cannot be wrong about things like video games and films :lol

pulga

Banned
He rotated too many players this time, and switched formation for this particular opponent.

Hubris innit

Before I join team #OpinionsInnit, I have to say opinions can be wrong. If you're of the opinion that black or gay people are lesser than you are, that's clearly fucking wrong.

dem moving goalposts

its one way or the other, cant say here yes and here no

if someone tells me barbie's horse adventures are a better video game than ocarina of time, then he and his whole family deserve to be wiped out from the gene pool.

The second half of Django is shit
iLyFDpUOiXR21.png

Wilbur

Banned
Hubris innit

dem moving goalposts

its one way or the other, cant say here yes and here no

if someone tells me barbie's horse adventures are a better video game than ocarina of time, then he and his whole family deserve to be wiped out from the gene pool.

It's not moving goalposts at all honey sweet poos.

faridmon

Didn't we have people in here saying Ninja Theory is a better developer than Platinum Games just the other day?

Yeah. You heard right. Opinions are not exempt from being shit/wrong.

also, whoever said that about SMG needs to be castrated and fed his own cock.

That boiled my blood to be honest. WTF?

There is difference between, it ain't my thing and its absolutely this and that. I wish people differentiated the difference between those two.
As much shit I talk about Radiohead (I know, guilty as charged!!!) I actually tell people that it is not my cup of tea rather than lambasting it around

White Lies though, they are as shitty as they come!

The second half of Django is shit
iLyFDpUOiXR21.png
Why can't you be right like this all the time? :(

Messi

How could he though? He had just played them in the CDR.

Mine either, just the first movie that came to mind which critics get their knickers wet for.

Pulp Fiction is my GOAT movie.

for some reason he tried to change too much to rotate. He has been doing it all season and he got caught out this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom