• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

AJ is in the England squad.

Also remember when Hazard was this guy

ibe4NgztLvsesd.gif

How things change.

pulga

Banned
If Real doesnt win the CL this year, they will become an even bigger joke. The pressure is on them.

you're not Mourinho, you ain't taking the pressure off of your bunch of player stealing pirates. you're still the most complete squad in Europe.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Kyle Naughton admits he may have to leave Tottenham this summer.

The former Sheffield United man has seen Kyle Walker block his path to the right-back spot and Naughton concedes he may have to move on so that he can play reguarly in his preferred position

Naughton told the Daily Mirror: "I am 25 and there is a stage that you reach when you think, 'Well, am I going to be No 1?'

No, you're not going to be No 1. I don't even know why you're still here. Rubbish player.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ian Ladyman @Ian_Ladyman_DM

Further info tonight that Mancini wants to leave Turkey at season's end. Isn't enjoying lifestyle. Would love Tottenham.
8:03 PM - 26 Feb 2014

michael-scott-no-o_zpse8b45aff.gif

bud

That "Friend's New Girlfriend Has Slept With Over 80 Men. Too Many Partners?" thread over in OT is pretty good. The people pretending it doesn't matter at all are the best, lol.

there are also plenty of people saying they wouldn't be fine with it. i think if this had been a predominantly female forum and the thread starter had posted this about his friend's new boyfriend, the reactions wouldn't have been that different.

Nigel de Jong has indicated his desire to stay at Milan for four to five more years, before a return to Hamburg.

The midfielder is midway through a second season with the Rossoneri and, whilst his current deal expires in June 2016, he is eyeing a future past that point at San Siro.

“I want to try and stay at Milan for another four or five years,” began De Jong to Bild, before commenting on the possibility of a return to Hamburg.

“I have a lot of time for that club. And I have always liked it in Germany…”

De Jong also discussed his side project, running a luxary car dealership that can list such clients as Lukas Podolski, Mesut Ozil, Sami Khedira, the Boateng brothers and Nuri Sahin.

“If you look at where we started, then I must say that it is going really great. In the beginning the focus was just on footballers, in recent times we have begun to do business. We want to keep expanding.”
http://www.football-italia.net/45765/de-jong-four-or-five-years-more

ibzlVJ5a3hhPEd.gif

Yes.

Do that.

Don't you fucking dare to leave us.

GorillaJu

De Jong is quite good, but I always have this nagging feeling with him that he doesn't care about the team he plays for, and he wouldn't mind just sitting on the bench if it meant he could earn his salary. His ability on the ball and his passing are definitely underrated though. He's seen as an enforcer type (and he is that) but his technical ability is really high.

his sideways passing is not dissimilar to that of cleverley.

True but the cunt sure can tackle, harass players and read the game defensively. Cleverley's tackling is equivalent to a paraplegic launching themselves at you from their mobility apparatus in a fit of pique.

subtles

The tackle on Xabi was the last straw for me. The video of Iniesta's bruised (to put it delicately) legs after the final was horrific.

Obligatory De Jong article: http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/m...ti-Regista-De-Jong-Playing-his-Part-for-Milan

Still based on Allegri's tactics but his role is almost the same with Seedorf.
his sideways passing is not dissimilar to that of cleverley.

That's what he's asked to do most of the time. Get the ball from the opponent and give it to Montolivo. From time to time he tries a long pass or two, and this happens:

ibyQIstnkjC2Xi.gif

In December he was the best in the Serie A with 166 long passes, Pirlo was second, 126. And iirc he's still the best in Italy, read that somewhere but can't find it anymore.

I have a feeling that the Milan website staff is really bored today:
ADIL AND ADEL

MILAN – On the pitch they are two players that play with smiles on their faces and who have fun. Adil and Adel. Rami and Taarabt. Names that sound similar and that share the letters A, D and L, letters that make up the history of the club.

The letter A for ALDO: Aldo Bet, a protagonist in Milan’s scudetto della stella side (the 10th Italian title won by the club).

Aldo Maldera, Milan’s captain in the early 1980s.

Aldo Serena a two-time scudetto winner with the rossoneri in 1992 and 1993.

But there is also the letters A, D and L in the surnames of the greats: MALDera, but also in MALDini, the father and son to play for Milan, starting with Cesare and later Paolo.

The links don’t end there, Adelio Moro also played for one season at the club and then there is ORLANDO: firstly with Angelo, a winner of the scudetto in 1993-1994, and then Massimo who played for the club in 1994-95.

Letters that make up the names and the glorious past of Milan. The present is Milan-Juventus this Sunday. The future is Adil and Adel.
http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/151503

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom