• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't we have people in here saying Ninja Theory is a better developer than Platinum Games just the other day?

Yeah. You heard right. Opinions are not exempt from being shit/wrong.

also, whoever said that about SMG needs to be castrated and fed his own cock.

Mario platforming is often boring and it plays mostly on nostalgic feelings.

Wilbur's mums boobs are too big.

Vidal is just a Chilean Ramires.

Wilbur

Banned
The second half of Django is shit?
iLyFDpUOiXR21.png

fixed

What a cock. Hope he gets what's coming to him in prison.

Innit. I don't remember him, but my mum recognised his mum from the picture and clicked on the story. Awful thing to happen.

Mario platforming is often boring and it plays mostly on nostalgic feelings.

Wilbur's mums boobs are too big.

:looooooool you're just jealous of vidal's hair

and my mother's breasts

Bad names for footballers:

Immobile
Costly

Any more?

@FF, some abortion scenes I think.

SP is better when self-awarely adjusted for censors, so we'll see how it goes

Salazar

Superbad. Shawshank I don't really like; overlong, pretty boring, Morgan Freeman.

Shawshank could so easily have been improved. Two examples -

When they kill the kid, instead of the guard sniping him, the shot misses - the kid runs, zig-zagging, and the guard tries again. The Guvnor screams "you fucking dolt, you'll hit me. He ain't going nowhere". Scene ends. Murder is IMPLIED.

When the police come for the Guvnor, he turns over his desk and shoots at the cops as they come through the door.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
However, opinions cannot be wrong about things like video games and films :lol
Exactly my point
Very much so. It's like every guy's go-to pick for a "good" movie. It's okay.
k scratch that, opinions can b wrung

ixEudhyuUUyjS.gif

Also you know what, true detective is only alright.
It is quite overrated. But Episode 5 was pretty damn good tbf. :p and there's no show like it so we'll allow it.

Wilbur

Banned
get out

also if you missed the last post on the last page please go look looooooool

kipless' finest work

edit: HAHAHAH YOU SAW IT

sleepless hates Moyes from the grave

Wilbur

Banned
yurt will you save me from this moyepocalypse

Got it on my iPod fergie! Rest of the album isn't very good haha, but that song's great

sohois

I was looking up the World Cup draw on a whim today, and it got me in the mood to make a crazy and bold prediction. It's not really in my nature to do so, but I don't think anyone is interested in reading a range of probability distributions over expected outcomes, so I figured a more definitive approach was better. so:

England are going to reach the Semi-Finals at the 2014 World Cup (and probably play terrible football all the way there)

My reasoning: first of all I don't think the group stage poses a big challenge. I see a win over Costa Rica, and a 1-1 draw and 1-0 win over the other 2. Hodgson has already shown he can grind out a result against Italy, and that was with the super shitty Euros team. As for Uruguay, yes they have Suarez, but the rest of the team? Cavani doesn't do well for them, whilst the others are all either well past it or players who couldn't cut it in Europe.

Then you get to the 4th round and things are decidedly easier here. Group D contains Colombia (sans Falcao), Ivory Coast, Japan and Greece. It won't be pretty, but 2-1 wins against any of those lot.

So getting to the Quarter finals doesn't really seem much of a challenge to me. Reaching the Semis seems a much taller order, with Spain as likely opponents if England win the group. I'm assuming here that Hodgson will set up with his usual super defensive tactics, but against Spain it will be to their advantage. The Barca cunts who make up the spine of the team, when faced with the defensive stuff they have failed against time and again, suffer a mass breakdown and England nick the win from a set-piece.

So that's the path to the Semis. England's luck probably runs out by that time and they get hammered. That's my bet.

Of course this is all reliant on Hodgson taking a semblance of decent players and not fucking Cleverly and Lampard.

Turok_TTZ

imo, Manutd would do well to attempt to sign Felix magath to replace david moyes. no joke.

also, Madrid still has a lot to prove. we cannot be complacent after that 6-1 result.
our boys need to step their game up the next couple of matches. I fear the result will get into carlo's fat head as well as the team.

lastly, I hope manutd stick with moyes. you don't get anywhere with kneejerk decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom