• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

FIXED

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/DiMatteo-slip.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

chelsea legend.
footballing legend.

a champions league & fa cup double in his first few months.

never heard from again.

he is the yellow king.

Blablurn

sheesh isn't stealing their players enough?

wouldnt be the first time

hitzfeld-514.jpg

sohois

Some of the points re Arsenal and Chelsea are not strictly causally correct as you say but that doesn't detrimentally damage the point the article is trying to make.

The point the article is trying to make is that David Moyes is not a suitable manager for ManU and should not be given more time. Rather than actually argue this point, the author goes on to point to some examples of other clubs, makes them fit his bottom line and just leaves it at that. There are zero new arguments for or against Moyes here.

In the end, the only real point the article makes is that John Nicholson should not be writing articles.

Anyone not in this boat, as of half-time in the Olympiakos debacle, can drown.

He's a plank. Phil Neville is a plank too. We have a more gormless technical area than whoever is bottom of the SPL.

Well, the quality of the article doesn't have any effect on Moyes himself...

In any case, do you really wish drowning on our poor, deluded doicare?

Jack cw

sheesh isn't stealing their players enough?
It never was. Anyone who came remotely close to us was getting hammered to the guy mowing the pitch. But I guess Klopp will hesitate though as Bayern decided against him and went for Klinsmann. Well, Bayern might give him Reus and Hummels as gift then.

fuck being the bottom post, i am fury of kagawa

Ashley Young is unbelievably shit. Kagawa looking class (whenever someone deigned to pass him the ball), the fact Young starts over him is a stain upon your whole organization. What a brainless gnat.

Kagawa only looks class compared to Young.

Slizz

fuck being the bottom post, i am fury of kagawa

Ashley Young is unbelievably shit. Kagawa looking class (whenever someone deigned to pass him the ball), the fact Young starts over him is a stain upon your whole organization. What a brainless gnat.

qxiGsov.png

The point the article is trying to make is that David Moyes is not a suitable manager for ManU and should not be given more time. Rather than actually argue this point, the author goes on to point to some examples of other clubs, makes them fit his bottom line and just leaves it at that. There are zero new arguments for or against Moyes here.

In the end, the only real point the article makes is that John Nicholson should not be writing articles.

Well the article is more about the perceived wisdom and mantra of stability, and how it doesn't bring about success, and in a lot of cases has a negative impact on the ability to achieve success. It's about the deluded fans and pundits who bang the stability drum without understanding the nature of Fergie and Wenger's success (and possibly Wenger's lack of recent success).

It's not an article draped in accurate stats and deconstruction of causal strands, it does paint broad brush strikes, but I don't think it makes it wrong or meaningless.

sohois

Well the article is more about the perceived wisdom and mantra of stability, and how it doesn't bring about success, and in a lot of cases has a negative impact on the ability to achieve success. It's about the deluded fans and pundits who bang the stability drum without understanding the nature of Fergie and Wenger's success (and possibly Wenger's lack of recent success).

It's not an article draped in accurate stats and deconstruction of causal strands, it does paint broad brush strikes, but I don't think it makes it wrong or meaningless.

But it isn't though. It barely mentions fans or pundits. It begins with some general life experience balthering, but never goes into any depth regarding public perception to stability.

And it quite clearly is not about how stability fails or brings negative effects. He highlights Arsenal, but fails to mention the many additional factors contributing to their on field problems. Other than that, all the teams he mentions are those that have been successful despite a lack of stability.

There is literally zero mention or analysis of how stability won't bring success, only correlation. There is zero mention of deluded fans or pundits. There is a distinct lack of the nature of Wenger's success ( though he does go into more detail regarding Ferguson's success).

It is an article which paints in broad brush strokes. Broad strokes of stupidity, brushes of ignorance and artists by the name of John Nicholson

Scum

No, you're not going to be No 1. I don't even know why you're still here. Rubbish player.

loool. Ush, what's this nonsense with Mancini I saw. Something about he wouldn't mind managing us. Don't make it happen. D:

Man this is a slow news day... No football today.

Jack, pls. There's the England team selection for the friendly against Denmark.
iZ3GVkzpVf18t.png

And Dnipro shaming Spurs like bukkake tonight.
TmMPSj7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom