• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

pls understand

This is amazing. So much WC potential.
7Pf3Sun.png

Scum

What's this? RVP "considering" his future in the summer, eh? Moyes, you can have this one for free.

----------- Rooney -----------
Mata --- Kagawa --- Adnan
--- Carrick ---- Fellaini ---

FM > Scum > sophisticated equipment.

TeddyBoy

Lucas and Sakho both back in training. Not ready for Southhampton though.

All according to keikaku.

That's a bit weird since he got a call up for the French NT.

Oh great, Sakho's going to play half fit and get injured :/

I noticed you've been posting here a fair bit these last few days, I don't recognise your username but it says you support Liverpool on the front page so I guess hello? :p

sohois

Seeing as I posted my prediction for England to reach the World Cup Semis a few hours ago, might as well post my ideal team, which could legitimately win the thing with a competent manager; a good Hodgson team, which would be able to reach the Semis as I described; and the Nightmare Hodge team.

Ideal Team:
-----------------Sturridge
Rooney---------------------Sterling
------Henderson-----Wilshere------
------------------Gerrard---------------
Baines-Cahill-Jagielka-Johnson
-------------------Hart

with subs: GKs, Shaw, Jones, Davies, Walker, Barry, Delph, Barkley, Lallana, Johnson, Lambert

Good Hodgson Team:

---------Rooney------Sturridge
Sterling--Gerrard--Wilshere--Ox
Baines-Cahill-Jagielka-Johnson
--------------------Hart

with subs:GKs, Gibbs, Jones, Smalling, Walker, Lallana, Barry, Henderson, Milner, Welbeck, Carroll

Hodgson Nightmare:

-------------Rooney----Welbeck
Townsend-Lampard-Gerrard-Milner
Cole---Cahill---Jagielka---Johnson
-------------------Hart

with subs: GKs, Baines, Jones, Smalling, Walker, Young, Wilshere, Cleverly, Lennon, Sturridge, Carroll.

faridmon

I just watched Killer Joe....

wat did i just watch

The ending makes no sense and is fucking hilarious.

Joe himself is a riot.
Yeah, hated it myself. The whole crew are just some lunatics who happen to be humans. The
paedophilia sex scene
made me hate the whole film.

"I am Samuel Eto'o, what can I say?" he told Sky Sports News after the Galatasaray match. "If at 36 and 37 I can score three goals at Manchester United it means that I still have some juice and I can even score until I am 50.

"But I really don't care, what is really important to me is to give my maximum to the team, to help them to win some titles."

Poor Eto'o, hasn't realized scoring against United is nothing special.

Yen

Goalkeepers:

Fraser Forster (Celtic), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion), Joe Hart (Manchester City), John Ruddy (Norwich City).

Defenders:

Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Steven Caulker (Cardiff City), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Luke Shaw (Southampton), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders:

Ross Barkley (Everton), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Southampton), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal).

Forwards:

Jermain Defoe (Toronto FC), Rickie Lambert (Southampton), Jay Rodriguez (Southampton), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Daniel Welbeck (Manchester United).

Carbonox

Yeah, hated it myself. The whole crew are just some lunatics who happen to be humans. The
paedophilia sex scene
made me hate the whole film.

I didn't hate it but it was an absolutely ridiculous film. :lol

Need to see what Mud is like now. I've heard that's arguably McConnaughey's best ever film along with that Dallas Cowboy one or whatever it's called (which I wouldn't mind seeing also).

Jack cw

Seeing as I posted my prediction for England to reach the World Cup Semis a few hours ago, might as well post my ideal team, which could legitimately win the thing with a competent manager; a good Hodgson team, which would be able to reach the Semis as I described; and the Nightmare Hodge team.
tumblr_mt28na3XN01ssl503o2_250.gif

Arnie

Cleverley in is barmy. Especially with Barry out.

AJ should've been in instead of someone.

But he's the only Sunderland player who should've been there.

sohois

Sohois, I'll stick Walker at RB for nightmare scenario.

To be honest, I can't comprehend any scenario in which Hodgson doesn't just take the pair of them to the World Cup, and I don't see any way in which Walker is rated as the better of them either.

Even in my ideal team, I'm still distinctly unsure of Clyne or Chambers being really enough to take to the WC.

edit: we have an England team now, let's compare with the good hodgson team:

----------------------------Hart(ok)
Johnson(ok)-Cahill(ok)-Jagielka(no)-Baines(ok)
Ox(ok)-Gerrard(ok)-Wilshere(ok)-Sterling(ok)
----------------Rooney(ok)-Sturridge(ok)-------

subs: Gks, Walker(ok), Jones(no), Smalling(ok), Gibbs(no,but Shaw is there), Milner(ok), Barkley(ok), Hendo(ok), Lallana(ok), Welbeck(ok)

In fact Hodge has slightly exceeded my expectations by bringing along Lambert rather than Caroll. Of course this is all rather dependent on the team remaining the same for the WC itself.

Carbonox

Hodgson's a fucking goblin. Couldn't pick his nose let alone an England Football team, even with our shallow talent pool. There are better options out there than Cleverley. DAN GOSLING IS EVEN BETTER and I want to punch myself for even saying his name.

get bent pat butcher

Scum

To be honest, I can't comprehend any scenario in which Hodgson doesn't just take the pair of them to the World Cup, and I don't see any way in which Walker is rated as the better of them either.

Even in my ideal team, I'm still distinctly unsure of Clyne or Chambers being really enough to take to the WC.
You see that list for the friendly? That's the WC squad before the chop.

sohois

You see that list for the friendly? That's the WC squad before the chop.

Well, yeah, but add in the injured duo of Jagielka and Jones and the team is basically what I listed on the previous page as the 'good Hodgson team; .Assuming he doesn't actually bring Townsend or Welbeck or Cleverly it's about as good as an England fan could hope for really.

pulsemyne

He pick Caulker. A player whose team currently is on -28 goal difference.
Also he seems to avoid picking players who are playing well at the moment Routledge would be a good choice as he has been great lately. (please be good tonight swansea!)

Scum

Well, yeah, but add in the injured duo of Jagielka and Jones and the team is basically what I listed on the previous page as the 'good Hodgson team; .Assuming he doesn't actually bring Townsend or Welbeck or Cleverly it's about as good as an England fan could hope for really.
Sohois, pls. Deep down, you know.

Hixx

Welbeck, Cleverley, Ruddy, Milner, Townsend.

Why?

Disgustingly harsh on AJ. "Since last England game: Townsend (all comps) - 459 mins, 0 goals, 1 assist; Johnson (all comps) - 1048 mins 8 goals, 4 assists"

Also on Huddlestone who has been very good at Hull. Much better than Cleverley at the very, very least.

K1LLER7

--------------------- Hart ---------------------

--- Johnson - Cahill - Jones - Baines ---

----- Henderson - Wilshere - Gerrard -----

--- Sterling ----- Rooney ----- Sturridge

What I'd go for in the WC.

Not too sure on the Defence. If Sterling keeps his form up to the end of the season, he should be in the WC team.

Goalkeepers:

Fraser Forster (Celtic), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion), Joe Hart (Manchester City), John Ruddy (Norwich City).

Defenders:

Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Steven Caulker (Cardiff City), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Luke Shaw (Southampton), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders:

Ross Barkley (Everton), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Southampton), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal).

Forwards:

Jermain Defoe (Toronto FC), Rickie Lambert (Southampton), Jay Rodriguez (Southampton), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Daniel Welbeck (Manchester United).

jLfUrLr.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom