• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Paulo Fonseca is doomed.

It will be interesting to see the repercussions of their poor year this summer, especially if they don't win the Liga (which seems likely). I wonder if they'll take a shot at Estoril's coach since they've seriously overachieved or if they'll be nervous about getting bit since they got bit doing that with Fonseca after his success at Pacos de Ferreira.

Ooh shit, Frankfurt scored again.

Scum

*checks website*

NfZAXg0.gif

nope, he's (they?) still beasting at Madrid.
Go back to bed, pulga. :<

Randdalf

England don't have a real defensive midfielder and that is going to hurt them.

Gerrard-Wilshere, Gerrard-Henderson, Henderson-Wilshere, Barkley-anyone.

All of those combinations are going to get exposed against better teams.

Gareth Barry has been sort of playing in a DM position for Everton.

Nat Chalobah could be a DM of the future, seeing as he's played both in the midfield and the defence.

wedward

Gareth Barry has been sort of playing in a DM position for Everton.

Nat Chalobah could be a DM of the future, seeing as he's played both in the midfield and the defence.

Yeah, he would be alright.

Main issue is that England don't have any defensive midfielders who are very good. Or really any young ones coming through. Rodwell probably should have been.

Lkr

I don't follow any Italian teams, but could someone explain to me why there are so many empty sections at the stadium? I figured a matchup like this in the knockout stages of the second biggest continental tournament would bring everyone out. are they just bad seats to watch from so they close them off like certain sections of old american stadiums where they used to play football, baseball, and soccer in them and some seats were only logical to use for different sports?

Elchele

I don't follow any Italian teams, but could someone explain to me why there are so many empty sections at the stadium? I figured a matchup like this in the knockout stages of the second biggest continental tournament would bring everyone out. are they just bad seats to watch from so they close them off like certain sections of old american stadiums where they used to play football, baseball, and soccer in them and some seats were only logical to use for different sports?

stadiums are old and big as fuck I think
Serie A matches are usually empty too

Elchele

There are seats that are right in front of the pitch that are empty which is just weird. Isn't Napoli relatively popular and successful?

Napoli stadium is the worst, basically an honduran stadium. also I don't think they give a fuck about EL
I think only teams in the Bundesliga fill the stadiums during EL matches

Meier

OH SHIT! Mangala again! So much for maybe getting him for a little less than his release clause. I think that was sent in by Fernando too, hah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom