• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Which part did you find more depressing. Ashley Young and his pitiful hopeful crosses into the box with his eyes on the ball, or the constant runs into space Kagawa makes only to be ignored. I'm still deciding myself. That blackhole known as midfield.

It was all the times he pointed into space and everyone just ignored it. It sickened me.

Imagine Cahill and his style in the midfield. The most passive fucking defender in history, he would probably fall back into his own defense and be in line with Jones and Smalling as soon as the opponents got the ball, won't fucking see him run at a player challenging him that's for sure.

oh my god i see the genius now

he'd be like busquets

Wilbur

Banned
One just needs to watch how Luiz plays compared to Matic in that defensive midfield position to know of course there's a required amount of skill and attribute to play it well.

Wilbur

Banned
I just realised I forgot to save my FM file. Poopy. Gonna start a new game then.

Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga or PL.

please help me pick

i almost feel like going for liverpool

help me

qindarka

Banned

Let's try

Mikel has been poor this season but for most of his time with Chelsea, he has been a good DM and played particularly well in Munich. Certainly not evidence of anyone being able to play there.

Even Lampard would be far superior to Cahill in DM. Crazy ideas are for the most part, crazy for a reason and Cahill in DM would be an unmitigated disaster.

One just needs to watch how Luiz plays compared to Matic in that defensive midfield position to know of course there's a required amount of skill and attribute to play it well.

He is so much better than the rest of our CMs that I wonder how we got by for half the season without him. Hopefully MVG can stake a place next season, I am getting a bit sick of Mikel and Ramires.

pulga

Banned
Well that's a shame, guess you won't get to know. It takes about 2 min to get the point unless you're jupp like illiterate.

why is superman doing the reverse nazi thing

300px-Quenelle_gesture.JPG

who does he think he is

Marc

Pardon?

The gesture itself is of a political nature, against PL rules. If he didn't mean it, then it's his right to argue it but he can't play dumb. He knows the connotations behind it.

It's a political gesture, and the fact that isn't linked with antisemitism and holocaust denial just amplifies the offence, not the offence itself. The offence is using a politically motivated gesture.

I think Anelka was lucky.

Yeah, its anti-establishment unless the context is being used against a specific people so don't think that applies here. Seemed more like he was supporting a friend who was being targeted at the time by 'the establishment', rightly or wrongly.

A hand to the ear could be seen as anti-whatever, just seems like if you start going after that then could start interpreting a lot of things that way. Someone will always be offended by something, look at Walcott's gesture.

Henderson alone could cover the entire defensive midfield.

I take it you haven't seen him with the U21's up against half-decent midfielders?

Will be fun seeing him potentially starting at a world cup, hope he does well though.

He is the superior option to Gary fucking Cahill

At which bit? Marking, defending, sitting his arse in one spot and not running around like some roy of the rovers bullshit that gets exposed against any decent midfield? Nah, disagree.

Wilbur

Banned
At which bit? Marking, defending, sitting his arse in one spot and not running around like some roy of the rovers bullshit that gets exposed against any decent midfield? Nah, disagree.

Cahill is good at running backwards until he's almost on his goalline and then getting in the way of a shot. I somehow don't think that'll work in midfield.

And this notion of defensive midfielders sitting in one spot is a tad silly as well - you'd only have to watch Busquets or De Jong to see the amount of ground they cover.

wedward

Cahill is good at running backwards until he's almost on his goalline and then getting in the way of a shot. I somehow don't think that'll work in midfield.

And this notion of defensive midfielders sitting in one spot is a tad silly as well - you'd only have to watch Busquets or De Jong to see the amount of ground they cover.

Jones should start in midfield over Cahill. Neither of them should be playing as DM in the world cup though.

Wilbur

Banned
Very good finish by Insigne, but what Tiendali is doing I have no idea :lol

Jones should start in midfield over Cahill. Neither of them should be playing as DM in the world cup though.

Yeah; in a perfect world it would be Barry or an in form Carrick. But Jones over Cahill, certainly.

Oh god

What if Pepe Mel gets his first win in the PL against Moyes? Who the fuck is Pepe Mel?

draw

they both get sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom