• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
iokAx1eJQeFqS.gif

i still dont understand how they thought taking Oliver to the dinner would be a good idea lolololol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
If the EL is such a distraction to the squad that it prevents you winning the league from this position, you never deserved to win the league anyway
It's not a "distraction". It's a hindrance.

Eventually Conte is going to use our A team in this competition, and we will pay for it.

I mean sure, let's go for it with this team.

Into

Ill say this, the Viola - Juve Europa League games will probably be better, more violent, and down right hotter than any of the last 8 or however many Champions League games we have had.

Thats not to shit on the other teams, the games have just been bleh, the most entertaining thing were Moyes Boys, like a car wreck you cannot look away from, para medics having to scrape the skin off the seats and vehicle...morbid. Yep that is Moyes

Wilbur

Banned
It's not a "distraction". It's a hindrance.

Eventually Conte is going to use our A team in this competition, and we will pay for it.

I mean sure, let's go for it with this team.

Come on, man. How is this a hindrance, but you want to be in the CL? It's two more games. The next two are going to be in Italy, not some godforsaken place in the middle of nowhere. You have a big enough squad to manage this and the league, and if you think using your A team in this competition is going to make you pay for it in the league, you might as well not even have the desire to be in the CL.

Zabojnik

We need another and then we need to put the game to sleep. Get three more benchers in, rest Marchisio, Pogba and, uh, Bonucci, I guess.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Come on, man. How is this a hindrance, but you want to be in the CL? It's two more games. The next two are going to be in Italy, not some godforsaken place in the middle of nowhere. You have a big enough squad to manage this and the league, and if you think using your A team in this competition is going to make you pay for it in the league, you might as well not even have the desire to be in the CL.
The CL is worth it. This isn't.

I don't want to RISK losing the scudetto for this cup.

They're only 9 points ahead of Roma, you gotta understand that that they need to focus all they can on the league.

pulga

Banned

Different. CL is worth getting the juice out of the players. EL? Nah. Would love for us to get to the final though. Already in talks with some friends to make the trip to Turin if they do.

Wilbur

Banned
Spurs just don't fucking shoot. Everyone's scared of having a pop outside the box.

The CL is worth it. This isn't.

A trophy is a trophy is a trophy. After this round, you have big rivals for a shot at the quarter finals and a chance to win a European trophy in your own stadium. That's absolutely worth it, and it's silly bollocks attitude reminiscent of some Arsenal fans saying the League Cup isn't worth it to say otherwise.

FootballFan

Different. CL is worth getting the juice out of the players. EL? Nah. Would love for us to get to the final though. Already in talks with some friends to make the trip to Turin if they do.

Pulga, you could end up bragging about winning both the CL and EL in one season.

Amazing.

Wilbur

Banned
A team that has Caceres, Ogbonna, Marchisio, Osvaldo, Vucinic and Giovinco as second choice should easily be able to contest two competitions and if they can't do that successfully then they don't deserve to win the league and Conte isn't all that. And he wouldn't be all that if he isn't showing a winner's mentality and trying to win both.

Hixx

This Diablo 3 patch, man.
giroudd24rxm.png

It's making me want to spend all weekend not giving a shit but fucking Sunderland had to ruin that with a cup final
LLShC.gif

Meier

Edit: Jumped the gun. He'll just be there for the training that is associated with the game. Keeping fingers crossed though!

Zabojnik

JuveGAF doing all they can to convince us Serie A is still a close race. No one falling for it.

It's a lot closer than you think. Parma should't be too big an obstacle for the current Roma, so they're actually only 6 points behind us. We've been playing like shit lately, they're killing it. Roma - Juve is yet to be played. That could leave us with only a 3 point lead, provided we survive Milan this weeked.

The scudetto race is far from over.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Roma is 6 points behind, not 9. And they're playing much better than us.

A trophy is a trophy is a trophy
Some trophies are heavier than others.

Why are we even arguing about this? We don't want to risk losing the league, it's really simple. And it's why Conte is using our B team tonight.

Again, if we continue using this team, then am all for it.

pulga

Banned
same lol. Fucking Sara. But I forgive her. Because boobs.

66n.gif

I don't normally have waifus, but she is the one for me <3

tumblr_n0jtnq9Zlt1r9a32bo2_400.gif

A team that has Caceres, Ogbonna, Marchisio, Osvaldo, Vucinic and Giovinco as second choice should easily be able to contest two competitions and if they can't do that successfully then they don't deserve to win the league and Conte isn't all that. And he wouldn't be all that if he isn't showing a winner's mentality and trying to win both.

I can see you're already preparing yourself for United's EL infested future.

Wilbur

Banned
Ordering in later, what do I go for, pizza or curry?

Depends on how many you're eating with and how much you've had to drink

I get really hungry at nights and we don't have any food in the house and I've been really tempted to order food but I don't want my parents to think I'm a fat cunt. Let's see how tonight goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom