• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

Tough question : Tuchel is not progressing anymore, Dutt has been regressing, Streich is doing fine and Weinzierl hasn't proven yet that he can sustain this kind of performance.

So... it's a bit of a shot in the blue. If we go on talking about trainers, those in the BL are doing fine altogether with the noticeable exceptions that are Hyppiä and Keller. I would add that Lewandowski should go back at the head of Leverkusen, he was the best trainer they've had since Völler/Toppmöller.

Altogether, to me, Germany's third-best trainer is still Favre. He totally revamped Gladbach and maintained them in the first half of the table ever since. That's a mamooth achievement if we consider that Gladbach have long sucked ass as much as Cologne.

I agree on Lewandowski. At this point I think it's clear that he was the one managing Leverkusen last season.

Favre always chokes in the second half of the season, tho. I think Streich is better than Favre, but I think Weinzierl could end up being as good as Klopp or even better. What he has done in Augsburg is amazing

Elchele

expected, Bayern are the only ones in the top 5 who are making profit

obviously they won't ban big clubs, but at least this could help a bit in reducing the huge transfer fees and salaries and all the mess made by the fucking oil clubs inflation.

dc89

BhlY9UKIgAAIr4v.jpg:large

BhlclnLIYAAJOEw.jpg:large

Nastasic was heart broken when we lost the final last season. This season he is injured.
Let's win it for Nastasic!

Elchele

Why the fuck would we be one of those? We've had a transfer deficit of 5 (yes, five) mn € over the last five seasons. That's nothing.

I read you're close to signing Wendell (LB) for €5,5M

fake edit: looks like it already happened :lol
http://www.bundesliga.com/en/liga/news/2013/0000287050.php

Leverkusen - Brazilian left-back Wendell will swap Gremio for Bayer 04 Leverkusen in the summer after agreeing a five-year deal with the Rhineland club.

Kenka

I agree on Lewandowski. At this point I think it's clear that he was the one managing Leverkusen last season.

Favre always chokes in the second half of the season, tho. I think Streich is better than Favre, but I think Weinzierl could end up being as good as Klopp or even better. What he has done in Augsburg is amazing
We should be careful, what Klopp did was nothing short of a miracle. The non-exhaustive list of what he did in five years :

• made his broke club pay 4 M€ for a 19 yo Mainz defender (we are not even talking about the success he got afterwards)
  • succeeded in keeping a defender from going back to his youth club, Bayern (we are not even talking about the success he got afterwards)
  • hired a from the Ekstraklasa plus one half-assed defender from Hertha Berlin and turned them into world stars (Kuba was already here)
  • got a former young genius back from loan from Feyenoord and turned him into a Real Madrid prospect
  • bought a young man from Cerezo Osaka for 300'000€ and sold it for 50 times this amount
  • actively helped a member of the third team to become the brightest propsect in German football and got him into the Nationalmannschaft one year after his breathrough in the BL
  • he allowed a former prospect between posts to become a world-class shoot stopper after he was nothing but a default first choice
  • managed to become German champion twice in a row with the handicap of having to build and finance a squad with limited means, the second year, he even got the double
  • under his management and Watzke's/Zorc's, the revenue grew by 150% in the mid of a financial crisis and extensive wage dumping period in Germany.

67xq0K6.png

Klopp is on par with the likes of Bill Shanky, Alex Ferguson and Santiago Bernabeu. He is the best trainer to have ever come out of Germany, and I doubt anyone during the next 30 years will be able to replicate what he did/is doing.

edit : let's recall what Dortmund was when he arrived : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyAiV2Nx-g8

Hixx

BhlfDtECEAANHdo.jpg:large

I was nervous till I saw this picture. Now I've just got a massive grin on my face. 22 years since we were last in a final.

41 since we won one.

Kenka

Why the fuck would we be one of those? We've had a transfer deficit of 5 (yes, five) mn € over the last five seasons. That's nothing.
So you're next one who will get his heart ripped out of his chest ? You should be careful when you support Leverkusen, they can turn the brightest enthusiasm into the muddiest defeatism.

Wilbur

Banned
Klopp is on par with the likes of Bill Shanky, Alex Ferguson and Santiago Bernabeu. He is the best trainer to have ever come out of Germany, and I doubt anyone during the next 30 years will be able to replicate what he did/is doing.

Yurt will kill you

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhlfDtECEAANHdo.jpg:large[/IG]

I was nervous till I saw this picture. Now I've just got a massive grin on my face. 22 years since we were last in a final.

41 since we won one.[/QUOTE]

I'm delighted for you man, really hope you can win it.

Irminsul

I read you're close to signing Wendell (LB) for €5,5M
Yes, after achieving a surplus of somewhat around 13 mn € last season.

So you're next one who will get his heart ripped out of his chest ? You should be careful when you support Leverkusen, they can turn the brightest enthusiasm into the muddiest defeatism.
:lol

That part probably already happened a long time ago.

expected, Bayern are the only ones in the top 5 who are making profit

obviously they won't ban big clubs, but at least this could help a bit in reducing the huge transfer fees and salaries and all the mess made by the fucking oil clubs inflation.

Chelsea the original oil club (tm) isn't even one of those 76. Most likely it's not something Chelsea will get in trouble with in the future either because of how FFP is set up with write-offs and loop holes, there's a reason Roman was all for it.

All hail Roman

iDm8QTAMBCD8w.gif

Kenka

Yurt will kill you

I'm delighted for you man, really hope you can win it.
Why ? He loves Licht. Hence, he loves me.
I'll throw in a "Trappatoni is good too" to make sure I will not be chased after.
Yes, after achieving a surplus of somewhat around 13 mn € last season.

:lol

That part probably already happened a long time ago.
You survived. You have the temperament of a warrior. Nowadays, I just want Leverkusen, Holzhäuser, Hyppiä and Völler to disappear altogether in a black hole.

Elchele

Chelsea the original oil club (tm) isn't even one of those 76. Most likely it's not something Chelsea will get in trouble with in the future either because of how FFP is set up with write-offs and loop holes, there's a reason Roman was all for it.

I doubt Chelsea are making profit, but as I said I don't expect FFP to ban big clubs or anything, it will just be a reminder to scale down the inflation of transfer fees/salaries.

Meier

I've never seen Arrow. I'll never see Arrow. There is no way a show on the CW will ever be the best show on TV. Gilmore Girls is as close as that network ever got or ever will get. Arrow may be decent, but it ain't the best. I can say that unequivocally.

This goal from Bilbao's Aduriz is absolutely incredible.

WellmadePerkyIberianemeraldlizard.gif

Salvadora

It's a shame that we won't get the second season of True Detective until, like, late 2015.

I hope they go for something completely different and don't just try to emulate the first.

Salvadora

They haven't started casting or or even announced it's being renewed yet. It wouldn't start filming until near the end of the year. Summer 2015 is a very optimistic guess.
And as well as that, the shoot for the first took the first six (?) months of 2013 and we're only getting it now. Could be quite a while.

At least this stands independently.

Blablurn

I feel disconnected to my German friends lately. I try to hype Arrow or True Detective but it doesn't work with them. Watching shows in English? A no go for them. They are all just living their German lifes. Gaming? Almost none of them.

I feel disconnected to my German friends lately. I try to hype Arrow or True Detective but it doesn't work with them. Watching shows in English? A no go for them. They are all just living their German lifes.

Yeah mine too. I just call them blöde arschlöcher and then laugh and point the finger at them. True player!

I feel disconnected to my German friends lately. I try to hype Arrow or True Detective but it doesn't work with them. Watching shows in English? A no go for them. They are all just living their German lifes.

They're basically German Hitchers. Hitcher doesn't like foreign films with subs.

Wilbur

Banned
Messi confuses me. He says he has no desire to watch the Godfather or anything like that but he loves Boardwalk Empire.

Messi. Pls. I love Boardwalk but Godfather is considerably better.

Meier

I have total confidence in HBO to make another great season (many great seasons) of True Detective, but it's a shame Cary Fukunaga won't be directing it. I'm sure Nic Pizzolatto is going to get a lot of new opportunities as well which will vie for his attention.

Wilbur

Banned
Hopefully they get someone equally as skilled as a director next. Give me a whole season of True Detective by Wes Anderson pls

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
anyone in the Uk had trouble with Virgin Internet recently? Today its been down three times for about 2 hours each and everytime its come on the download is 0.01, it will load reddit, not google, sometimes gaf. Probably should have called them but usually this fixes itself.

Wilbur

Banned
I want the Coen Brothers to do a season of True Detective.

They'd write it themselves though, as would Anderson or Tarantino. So it needs to be someone that lets Pizzolato do what he does and they do what they do. Fincher's obviously done work on HoC, but he's such a distinctive visualist that he'd be nice to see.

Slizz

People here should watch Terriers. Thats an incredibly underrated/cult classic show. 1 season and done, bittersweet ending but appropriate.

FX did probably the worst marketing of all time for it, but people still remember it.

Salvadora

anyone in the Uk had trouble with Virgin Internet recently? Today its been down three times for about 2 hours each and everytime its come on the download is 0.01, it will load reddit, not google, sometimes gaf. Probably should have called them but usually this fixes itself.
I've been having a bit of minor problems with them lately.

Everyday, without fail, the Internet will go down for approximately 20 minutes, at random times of the day.

People here should watch Terriers. Thats an incredibly underrated/cult classic show. 1 season and done, bittersweet ending but appropriate.

FX did probably the worst marketing of all time for it, but people still remember it.

I watched like half of it and stopped as I realized it got cancelled, that doesn't make too much sense but it just kind of turned me off it.

Slizz

I watched like half of it and stopped as I realized it got cancelled, that doesn't make too much sense but it just kind of turned me off it.

I've rewatched the show a couple times. Knowing it was just one season after the first time watching it and then watching it over I feel makes it that much more great.

Shit was good fun.

Randy Andy, I watched Short Term yesterday. It was pretty good. But now I feel like I've watched enough movie for at least 2 months so going through that list is going to take a long time.
corororporq4.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom