• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
dem Dogme95 movies. My favorite of them is Festen/The Celebration, really brilliant movie. The Idiots by Lars von Trier is good too, even with the sudden hardcore sex scene.

Festen is fucking brilliant. That wedding speech killed me the first time I saw it, the looks on everyone's faces lmao

fuenf

:-( can't you just change ISP?

2 year contract and it wouldn't change much as I got banned already. ;) Honestly I don't really miss most of the series I used to watch, the 22mnutes network comedies are the easiest to miss out on... It's mostly Archer, Veep, GoT and True Detective that I (will) miss.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
HHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Eh? Hardly a controversial opinion. You could replace anyone in Gravity and I'd still enjoy it.

With that said, this does look like awesome company

tumblr_lqwxzuiNH91qhxzzwo1_500.png

hahah that's exactly why he deserves one

Irminsul

Why would Bullock win for Gravity? She did nothing.
Coincidentally, I just watched Gravity. I liked it very much, even despite tropes like "All people are unfit for their job" and a rather predictable story.

It just gave me a rather good "space is scary" feeling.

dc89

I would buy a huge apartment

And an executive box at City for your favourite City fan. Amarite?!

Hell yeah, its a sick ride and the gull wing doors do look awesome, but like I said parallel parking only lol.

I wonder what other cars he has. I'll ask my dad tomorrow, he will probably know. I know JM7 has a dark metallic silver Ferrari 458 Italia.

fuenf

Hell yeah, its a sick ride and the gull wing doors do look awesome, but like I said parallel parking only lol.

why ? I don't think those doors need more space than normal ones, sure you won't be able to park in tight spaces but I don't think you would do that anyway with a car like that. A normal sized parking space should be fine tho.

Slizz

why ? I don't think those doors need more space than normal ones, sure you won't be able to park in tight spaces but I don't think you would do that anyway with a car like that. A normal sized parking space should be fine tho.

I'm personally not worried with my parking abilities, but I live in Miami home to some of the worst drivers and I'd fear for someone else parking too close to me. I have an awesome crease on my driver side door right now from some one at my old school opening their door right into mine.

Action Bronson consistently drops footballers names in his raps, Zidane, Henry, RvN, CR7

Drake sucks.

fuenf

I'm personally not worried with my parking abilities, but I live in Miami home to some of the worst drivers and I'd fear for someone else parking too close to me. I have an awesome crease on my driver side door right now from some one at my old school opening their door right into mine.

Action Bronson consistently drops footballers names in his raps, Zidane, Henry, RvN, CR7

Drake sucks.

:( I can't really relate to that as value of my car basically comes down to whatever the fuel inside it is currently worth...

Meier

oasis_boxset_square_1.jpg

definitely maybe was originally released in august 1994 and was an immediate critical and commercial success. the fastest selling debut album ever (at the time), it went seven-times platinum in the uk (over 2 million copies), and sold 5 million worldwide. containing the classic debut single supersonic, released april 1994, and subsequent singles shakermaker, live forever, and cigarettes & alcohol. the album was remastered in 2014 by ian cooper at metropolis mastering, london.

definitely maybe (remastered) available in super deluxe box set, special edition cd or on original 1993 demos cassette.

the original 1993 demos cassette is your chance to own a replica of the original cassette distributed by the band before they were signed. this cassette is being manufactured to order and is a strictly limited edition. the cassette features remastered versions of the original recordings and includes exclusive sleeve notes written by definitely maybe’s producer mark coyle.

this cassette is available for a limited period only.

tracklisting:

side one
1. cloudburst (demo)
2. columbia (demo)
3. d’yer wanna be a spaceman? (demo)
4. strange thing (demo)

side two

1. bring it on down (demo)
2. married with children (demo)
3. fade away (demo)
4. rock ‘n’ roll star (demo)

definitely maybe has now been remastered for the 2014 reissue by ian cooper at metropolis studios with the vinyl repressed and cut on heavyweight 180g vinyl over two discs. the limited edition box set comes packaged in a deluxe box with magnetic closure lid, and includes includes both the three cd set and vinyl edition of the album as well as a stunning 56 page hard backed coffee table book with exclusive photographs from a number of the photographers who documented the group’s early days as well as never before seen behind the scenes photographs taken by some of those closest to the band. the book also includes extensive sleeve notes from respected music critic neil mccormick. additional content includes a 12” x 12” print, exclusive tote bag, enamel key ring, badge set and a set of 5 postcards with exclusive images from the period. the box set also includes an exclusive 7” single, track listing -

side a
supersonic (live at glasgow tramshed) 5:43
side b
cigarettes & alcohol (live at manchester academy) 3:59
the 7” single will not be available for purchase anywhere else.

fans who pre order the box set via the store will exclusively will receive a replica of the whatever 12" remastered.

tracklisting:
a1. whatever
b1. (it's good) to be free
b2. slide away

the special edition 3cd set includes all the b-sides plus rare and unreleased oasis tracks from the definitely maybe era, including their huge christmas single from 1994, whatever. highlights of the bonus content include:

• previously unheard live acoustic versions of live forever and shakermaker from a paris in-store gig around the time of the release of definitely maybe
• half the world away (live, tokyo hotel room): an early and intimate version of this oasis classic, recorded in noel’s gallagher’s hotel room in tokyo in 1994 by mark coyle
• strange thing (demo) from the original 1993 demos cassette
• sad song (live at manchester academy) a previously unheard recording
• whatever (strings): recorded on a portable cassette machine at maison rouge studios by mark coyle
• packaged in a hardback book style package and artwork includes exclusive track by track.

track listing:

disc 1 (remastered)
1. rock 'n' roll star
2. shakermaker
3. live forever
4. up in the sky
5. columbia
6. supersonic
7. bring it on down
8. cigarettes & alcohol
9. digsy's dinner
10. slide away
11. married with children

disc 2 (remastered)
1. columbia (white label demo)
2. cigarettes & alcohol (demo)
3. sad song
4. i will believe (live)
5. take me away
6. alive (demo)
7. d'yer wanna be a spaceman?
8. supersonic (live)
9. up in the sky (acoustic)
10. cloudburst
11. fade away
12. listen up
13. i am the walrus (live glasgow cathouse june ‘94)
14. whatever
15. (it's good) to be free
16. half the world away

disc 3
1. supersonic (live at glasgow tramshed)
2. rock ‘n’ roll star (demo)
3. shakermaker (live paris in-store)
4. columbia (eden studios mix)
5. cloudburst (demo)
6. strange thing (demo)
7. live forever (live paris in-store)
8. cigarettes & alcohol (live at manchester academy)
9. d’yer wanna be a spaceman? (live at manchester academy)
10. fade away (demo)
11. take me away (live at manchester academy)
12. sad song (live at manchester academy)
13. half the world away (live, tokyo hotel room)
14. digsy’s dinner (live, paris in-store)
15. married with children (demo)
16. up in the sky (live paris in-store)
17. whatever (strings)

these items are a pre-order, with the cassette due to ship from the 7th april 2014 and the box set and ltd edition cd released on the 19th may 2014.

Fuuuuuuu. $165 + shipping for the deluxe set. I might do it. I shouldn't do it..

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
definitely maybe was originally released in august 1994 and was an immediate critical and commercial success. the fastest selling debut album ever (at the time)

That can't be true? Because Appetite for Destruction came out earlier.

wait, what does fastest selling even mean?
3AQmK.gif

Fuuuuuuu. $165 + shipping for the deluxe set. I might do it. I shouldn't do it..

you shouldn't do it Meier they're LYING!

dc89

Nasri: "He [Pellegrini] has been fantastic. From the first training session, I had a discussion and he told me exactly what he wanted from me. I really like the way he talks to me and made me feel important again.

After that I go out on the pitch and try everything for him because he trusts you, so you have to do everything for him."

I'd love for the engineer to make me feel important.

subtles

It seems like Coutinho has been dropped for Allen. This definitely means Rodgers is going to try and control the game rather than hit on the break.

Nasri: "He [Pellegrini] has been fantastic. From the first training session, I had a discussion and he told me exactly what he wanted from me. I really like the way he talks to me and made me feel important again.

After that I go out on the pitch and try everything for him because he trusts you, so you have to do everything for him."

I'd love for the engineer to make me feel important.

City's worst period coincided with Nasri's injury.

Aguero was just collateral.

Jarnet87

Article from Miguel Delaney (espnsoccernet) about who could possibly replace Moyes if he's sacked.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/12650?cc=5901

Usual candidates, also jabs Fergie and the club for somehow passing/missing out on two of the games current best managers when they were both available for the taking (Guardiola, Mourinho.

Patrice Evra also came out saying that all the players are backing Moyes. Why wouldn't Evra and the rest of the starting 11 or so back him. They get to slack off, play horrible football and keep their spot on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom