• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
No, they discussed about the other options he had before signing for Bayern. City was mentioned, plenty

I respect Manchester United as a football club much more than I will ever respect Manchester City. But let's be realistic here.

He signed for Bayern before Christmas, right?

According to various reports in Germany and Spain, it was Pep who made the first move towards taking over at Bayern back on July 26, 2011, when he was still in charge of Barcelona.

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and Uli Hoeness were seated at the VIP restaurant in the Allianz Arena, when Pep arrived and took a seat alone at another table. Rummenigge approached Guardiola and the Spaniard said: "May I speak with you both?" The three of them ordered coffee and Guardiola added: "Your philosophy is very interesting. I can imagine myself training Bayern."

He wrote his phone number on a piece of paper and gave it to Rummenigge before leaving the room. After that, he told his brother and agent Pere: "I've given my number to Rummenigge, I think he will call me."

Later, Pere Guardiola called Giovanni Branchini, one of the most famous agents in Italy, and told him to make Bayern aware of his brother's interest. In the autumn of 2011, Pep told Sandro Rosell that he may not renew his contract with Barcelona. In January 2012, Branchini met with Rummenigge and told him about Pep’s interest. Pere wanted to move his brother to the Premier League, particularly to Manchester City, but Pep was focused only on Bayern by this point; his mind was made up.

In November 2012, Pep called Rummenigge from New York and told him: "I want to train Bayern." The following month, Hoeness took a flight to New York and presented Guardiola with his contract.

Why did Pep prefer Bayern to City? Because he was in love with the philosophy of the team and believed he would only have to make two or three modifications to achieve perfection.

I don't believe that City weren't interested in him and that he wasn't interested back.

But we weren't interested in him. At all. Fergie and Charlton wanted Moyes, Gill wanted Mourinho. And even if Guardiola hadn't signed that contract with Bayern, I still think Fergie would have wanted Moyes.

He signed for Bayern before Christmas, right?

I don't believe that City weren't interested in him and that he wasn't interested back.

But we weren't interested in him. At all. Fergie and Charlton wanted Moyes, Gill wanted Mourinho. And even if Guardiola hadn't signed that contract with Bayern, I still think Fergie would have wanted Moyes.

Idk man there were stories about SAF going out to New York to sound Pep out. Bearded Genuis was talking about it this morning.

Scum

Eh, United WILL bounce back in a season or two*.

*assuming they sack Moyes before he buys more shit players though :p

I want him around, to last long enough to take Townsend, Dawson and Lennon of us before he goes. :v

Are we guaranteed to get our asses kicked by Liverpool and City? Moyes is probably going to play it cautiously because they are much better than us. Young or Valencia will start as usual.

Wilbur

Banned
Idk man there were stories about SAF going out to New York to sound Pep out. Bearded Genuis was talking about it this morning.

All he said was "there are rumours (which you may believe or not) that Ferguson travelled to NY more than once to sound out Guardiola & he was interested", which is no different than the "Mourinho cried" stuff.

He makes a far more pertinent point when he says "Fergie loved the romance of the whole great Scottish managers from such a small working class radiance thing. Busby, Stein, Shankly, himself"

Wilbur

Banned
Are we guaranteed to get our asses kicked by Liverpool and City? Moyes is probably going to play it cautiously because they are much better than us. Young or Valencia will start as usual.

I genuinely give so very little fucks at this point. Maybe I'll feel different before the match and my natural desire to see both clubs burn kicks in, but at the moment I feel like anything that means there is a change is the best thing to do. Valencia will definitely start both games, Young will start at least one.

I was genuinely looking into tickets for the Olympiakos second leg the other day and I just thought "I don't want to spend so much money on watching this team"

All he said was "there are rumours (which you may believe or not) that Ferguson travelled to NY more than once to sound out Guardiola & he was interested", which is no different than the "Mourinho cried" stuff.

He makes a far more pertinent point when he says "Fergie loved the romance of the whole great Scottish managers from such a small working class radiance thing. Busby, Stein, Shankly, himself"

Oh I know it's just rumour.

I heard SAF was trained by Moyes's dad? Get the feeling there's a romantic notion of destiny coursing through SAF's veins.

Clegg

With the way we're playing now, heavy defeats to Liverpool and City are almost a certainty. I wouldn't mind losing if we played decent football with our best attackers on the pitch. But Moyes hasn't the tactical ability or the balls to to do that imo. He'll set out with that same containing bullshit we saw against Galatasary, which doesn't work.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
igUmVlebJHZhe.gif

Only way he'll be sacked is if United get blown the fuck out by Liverpool and City. Would you want Juventus to get blown the fuck out by Inter and Torino to get a manager fired?

yes pls

I wanted to lose every single game with Delneri.

EVERY. SINGLE. GAME.

subtles

Then Brenton and the Pelican are a disgrace. Complete jokes if they fail to do something Fulham and Stoke did.

It's all a matter of perspective though.

If United try to play, I can see them being comprehensively beaten. If they try to keep it tight and nick a result I can see them getting something.

Scum

I genuinely give so very little fucks at this point. Maybe I'll feel different before the match and my natural desire to see both clubs burn kicks in, but at the moment I feel like anything that means there is a change is the best thing to do. Valencia will definitely start both games, Young will start at least one.

I was genuinely looking into tickets for the Olympiakos second leg the other day and I just thought "I don't want to spend so much money on watching this team"

Watch a EL game instead. Porto v Napoli. Get a few drinks in with the money.

I don't think so
I know right? that could be epic. I think they will stay up, Magath is good at it

They do have a decent match programme, but they sure as fuck need to stop being so shit soon. Far from convinced... Whatever, as long as Cardiff goes down.

Elchele

What a shame, the two matches against Moyes are long gone. Those were some easy 6 points for Fulham

Always brings a smile to me to see Holtby playing under Magath :lol it's funny how life works.

Wilbur

Banned
It would be nice if UEFA wanted to make an example of one of these teams. Watching City or PSG get thrown out of the Champions League would fill me with such glee.

subtles

The proper justification is that Uefa will be too big pussies to kick them out anyway, especially good luck getting Platini to take action now that Monaco and PSG are the even bigger sinners.

Those clubs are comfortably first and second.

Poor DC.

What does City have to do?

Scum

Why's everyone hating on Dishonored on gaming side? I had a blast playing it!

more importantly, someone should look up the wingers and fullbacks stats.

"Why's everyone hating on Dishonored on gaming side? I had a blast playing it!"

"Why's everyone hating on Dishonored on gaming side?"

"...gaming side? I had a blast playing it!"

"...gaming side?"

Yurt, pls. They don't play games on GamingGAF.

Slizz

I went to gaming side for the first time in weeks and the first thread I see is "What are your favorite functional pieces of female body armor"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom