• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

panty's football season 13/14:

Result: Banned
Date: 09-28-2013
Occasion: During Madrid derby

Result: Banned
When: 02-26-2014
Occasion: After Madrid's CL game, three days before the Madrid Derby

panty pls :lol

panty_Dead.png

Panty should stay away. He adds nothing to this thread.

Sweden forever!

Wilbur

Banned
Sturridge's celebration when he was 14.... https://t.co/7XgpdV9WbS

We need to see this today!

:loooool holy shit

Mitroglou has been left out of Fulham's squad again.

£12m brand new signing and Magath won't pick him.

Magath says he isn't fit enough, gone from playing for the best team in a non-competitive league to having to defend from the front in a far better league. Makes sense I suppose, although not being on the bench is a bit odd.

Next year is his last, he will be sold in the summer. Well, unless we go down then we have a striker who can smash that league.

Another Brucie bargain.

Bruce is now probably the most tactically astute English coach around. Help.

Fergie

Banned
Mitroglou has been left out of Fulham's squad again.

£12m brand new signing and Magath won't pick him.
Problem with sacking a manger after he signs players he wants.

Oh Fulham...

Mitroglu should be good enough to help Fulham stay up tbf.

Edit:

Or that.

Hixx

Gola pls jupp.
-

BhpCNQUIAAAq77z.jpg:large

Wes looks like he's on something.

He always has a good plan A. But once that hits a rough patch he will NOT change it and just hopes it comes good again. See his first two seasons at SAFC... both seasons went 15 games without a win because we'd been figured out.

Walshy

Fuck me, Twitch actually managed to beat Pokemon. And I missed it, lame. I assumed it would take them hours of more grinding to be strong enough
The best moment in the whole thing was when they managed to take down the dragon trainer in the Elite 4 with just a Level 37 Venomoth.

sohois

:loooool holy shit

Magath says he isn't fit enough, gone from playing for the best team in a non-competitive league to having to defend from the front in a far better league. Makes sense I suppose, although not being on the bench is a bit odd.

Eh, It's got to be Pardew, hasn't it? Well, maybe he's not the most tactically astute but if you're looking at the whole package he obliterates the competition.

-

Isn't Wickham still only 19/20? Seems a but premature for Sunderland to be selling him off, he's still got a long way to go in his development.

The best moment in the whole thing was when they managed to take down the dragon trainer in the Elite 4 with just a Level 37 Venomoth.

Gen 1 AI, innit. They'll always use a move that is super effective type, even if that move doesn't do anything like Agility (which is Psychic type)

Wilbur

Banned
Eh, It's got to be Pardew, hasn't it? Well, maybe he's not the most tactically astute but if you're looking at the whole package he obliterates the competition.

-

Isn't Wickham still only 19/20? Seems a but premature for Sunderland to be selling him off, he's still got a long way to go in his development.

Gen 1 AI, innit. They'll always use a move that is super effective type, even if that move doesn't do anything like Agility (which is Psychic type)

Yeah, I said it was Pards the other week, but since Cabaye went and Newcastle have shown themselves to be a one man team and suddenly reverted to awful football, I'm now rooting for Steve 'Conte' Bruce.

Footy GAF. Is a Gamba Osaka win against Urawa Red Diamonds likely?

I could have answered this, but I was asleep. I would have said no as Usami is injured and he's by far their best player. Gamba just got promoted while Urawa were at the top last season for large parts of the season.

sohois

Yeah, I said it was Pards the other week, but since Cabaye went and Newcastle have shown themselves to be a one man team and suddenly reverted to awful football, I'm now rooting for Steve 'Conte' Bruce.

Every manager will have their ups and downs in form. Pardew is probably eager to be out of Newcastle at this point, he's dealt with 2 transfer windows with fucking Joe Kinnear and who knows the general atmosphere at the club itself; toxic, I can only presume.

In the end, Pardew is the only guy who's been able to take a team to something more than mid-table, more than the sum of their parts. He has a a consistently decent record before Newcastle and has done extremely well given the madness of his current position.

Bruce, on the other hand, has consistently been able to take relegation candidates to mid-table positions, but nothing more. So, basically just Hodgson again.

Wilbur

Banned
Every manager will have their ups and downs in form. Pardew is probably eager to be out of Newcastle at this point, he's dealt with 2 transfer windows with fucking Joe Kinnear and who knows the general atmosphere at the club itself; toxic, I can only presume.

In the end, Pardew is the only guy who's been able to take a team to something more than mid-table, more than the sum of their parts. He has a a consistently decent record before Newcastle and has done extremely well given the madness of his current position.

Bruce, on the other hand, has consistently been able to take relegation candidates to mid-table positions, but nothing more. So, basically just Hodgson again.

But Bruce is so beautiful to look at, like a rejected sprout

L1NETT

It's Leeds!! No fan deserves the bellend road experience with those disgusting set of fans

Let Brighton or Watford reach the playoffs. And get beaten by derby.

City youth team is shit. I saw them get swept aside by CSKA. And dudes like Rekik are a terrible example. How bout youth products that City themselves actually produced. Some nice English lads and not some foreigners they bought when they were already in their late teens.

Oh don't worry, with FFP they will sign the foreigners in their young teens instead.

Wes

venison crêpe
@skysports_bryan 1h
Football's law-makers ban all messages on player shirts under jerseys - even charitable & non-controversial messages. #IFAB

GQman2121

Banned
@skysports_bryan 1h
Football's law-makers ban all messages on player shirts under jerseys - even charitable & non-controversial messages. #IFAB

No Fun League

I can't wait for the next player to have a message for their dying grandmother and have to pay 10k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom