• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

operon

Pardew for a knighthood and manager for the year surly, at least the player could fight back not like a horse. real nervous about our game now only we could fuck up a golden chance like this

Wilbur

Banned
Do you disagree?

He's prone to moments of madness, but has been absolutely immense this season in his partnership with Mertesacker. Even doubters like Kyoufu and Wilbur are members of the church of Bosscielny now.

I wouldn't say that :lol. He's lucky to have Mertesacker next to him.

Hixx

merdewwxc5h.gif

Kyoufu

Do you disagree?

He's prone to moments of madness, but has been absolutely immense this season in his partnership with Mertesacker. Even doubters like Kyoufu and Wilbur are members of the church of Bosscielny now.

lol, he has improved but I still think he's overrated by some here.

Mike Williamson is better.

sohois

Before the start of todays fixtures, I mentioned Alan Pardew as England's best manager and implied he was the best English choice for England manager going forward. And now that statement has been confirmed as the truth for all to see. Just imagine, WC 2018, Pardew headbutts Neymar on the sidelines, text dodging money falls out of his ears and Pardew is knighted for services to the world. Bow before my wisdom.

-

Southampton's unstoppable pressing midfield, as people would lead me to believe, is lining up with Schneiderlin(DM), Jack Cork(DM who was in the year above me at primary school. I went round his hosue once, it was not the house of a future premier league footballer.). And Steven Davis. Liverpool should be able to overcome.

edit: I didn't actually see the footage. They all that a headbutt? Was barely a head movement. Fuck, scratch everything I said about Pardew.

I can see why Coutinho is playing, with Saints playing a high line, but feel that Sterling would be perhaps even more likely to exploit that with his pace than Coutinho is with his passing.

subtles

Clearly I was watching the wrong game. :lol

I really hope we don't screw this up. It's imperative we build some momentum on the back of this.

Hixx

I won't be here but someone has to make the next thread with a title referencing that cunt

Have you ever seen a gaffer 'butt a Meyler?

Clearly I was watching the wrong game. :lol

I really hope we don't screw this up. It's imperative we build some momentum on the back of this.

I don;t want to go to Old Trafford on the back of a bad performance. I expect us to drop points today, but we need to turn up at Old Trafford with a bit of swagger

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Big Club
Newcastle manager Alan Pardew: "It was a heat of the moment thing. I massively regret it and I will have to sit down from now on.

"Of course, I didn't mean to do anything aggressive. I did move my head forward and that's enough.

"Perhaps I need to sit down from now on. It's a shame beacons it's taken the gloss off a terrific performance.

"Of course I apologise. I represent a big club."

hiroshawn

Banned
Just made three panic bets to try and cover my Losses toady. Landlord keeps harassing me about rent. I'm the Parlay Prince I always recover and win.

Labadal

Do you disagree?

I disagree, yes. I prefer Per over him. On the other hand, I feel this has been a season where the top clubs' central defenders have been average. Terry and whoever plays with him have done well. Lovren and Fonte have been good. LFC, MCFC and MUFC CB's have been unimpressive. Haven't seen much of Spurs or Everton.

Srsenal have had a solid CB pairing but Koscielny is prone to make some stupid shit every now and then.

Gibbs, Sagna and Mertesacker, I rate above him.

3Sixty

Southampton's unstoppable pressing midfield, as people would lead me to believe, is lining up with Schneiderlin(DM), Jack Cork(DM who was in the year above me at primary school. I went round his hosue once, it was not the house of a future premier league footballer.). And Steven Davis. Liverpool should be able to overcome.

Schneiderlin isn't exactly a DM. More Box2Box.

Salvadora

He's had about 3 red cards this year and maybe given away 4 or 5 penalties. You can't be amongst the best with strikes like that. "Moments of madness" means points dropped. That's a cardinal sin for a CB.

Isn't that the first time Arsenal have lost with Mertesacker and Koscielny playing in 2+ years or whatever that goofy stat was?
He's had one red card this season in that Aston Villa aberration in August and has been an absolutely consistent performer at the back for Arsenal this season, contributing to our long stay at the top of the table and earning many plaudits.

I would argue that he is one of the best in England (this season), despite rash decision making at times. It isn't like there are many quality CBs in England at the moment anyway, so it isn't a controversial thing to say.

subtles

I don;t want to go to Old Trafford on the back of a bad performance. I expect us to drop points today, but we need to turn up at Old Trafford with a bit of swagger

Suarez is going to play with his 'revolutionary' boots at OT for the first time. I'm feeling this odd premonition. Like everything that can go wrong will go wrong.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
More from Pardew

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew: "I tried to push him away with my head and I shouldn't have done that. My team were terrific and it's only myself who had a poor performance."

GQman2121

Banned
Props to Meyler for no selling the shit out of that headbutt. You almost expect a player to crumble to the ground in a situation like that.

Kassu

Banned
Worst thing about this match was that I thought we played well last week against Bayern and Sunderland and now we didn't even bother to play against Stoke. Who knows how we'll play our next match, we have lost all the consistency we had earlier this season.

Maybe we still have chance in FA Cup, would love to see us winning anything at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom