• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

no, they are ugly s fuck.

Gola pls jupp.

Can you try them on, or is it an online order? I wouldn't go with it personally but it's important you get whatever you find comfortable.

those look absolutely awful.

fuck you guys. I purchased a pair yesterday :lol

I needed a cheap pair of sneakers to use on a daily basis, and those ones were on sale. And they are comfortable, went to Adidas and Nike stores and there was nothing good for the same range of price :/

Salvadora

I thought Man U would have almost no chance of returning to the top 4 next season, but it looks like Arsenal are willing to hand them the opportunity by sacking Wenger.

I don't think I can complain too much though, as if Wenger is sacked then he becomes the best candidate by a mile to replace Hodgson for England. He's pretty much my dream appointment, but I assumed the chance was gone once Arsenal started to do so well.
It doesn't look like that at all.

Wenger has been confirmed by Gazidis to be signing a new 3 year contract. Arsenal fans with dissenting opinions won't change that. United have no chance of returning to the top 4 next season.

armrm3nkug.gif

Wenger blaming the ref.

He is losing it.

Isn't that just his usual thing?

Kyoufu

Other than Gervinho none of these makes it that hard to get top 4.. and it's not like Gervinho was that terrible either despite some hilarious misses. City are title challenger with Michelle playing all the time, now that is something amazing.

Who is Michelle? lol

I think City have thrown so much money at the squad that they're bound to be up that high even if they have one or two questionable players.

Fergie

Banned
Jesus Christ Hiroshawn. You know, if you really want to be a hardcore sports better, Football is a really poor market and you'd be much better of with Horses

-

I thought Man U would have almost no chance of returning to the top 4 next season, but it looks like Arsenal are willing to hand them the opportunity by sacking Wenger.

I don't think I can complain too much though, as if Wenger is sacked then he becomes the best candidate by a mile to replace Hodgson for England. He's pretty much my dream appointment, but I assumed the chance was gone once Arsenal started to do so well.
Really?

Moyes would get sacked by December if he's hugely under-performing again. I'm sure a huge shake-up will happen in the summer, as some players just aren't good enough anymore or ever were.

Top 4 with the likes of Gervinho, Koscielny, Chesney, Giroud...

Find me someone who can pull it off with those players.
Top 4 isn't good enough.

Chesney and Koscielney are good players despite their slip ups, maybe they arent good enough to win titles but nobody forces Wenger to go scrounging around in Ligue2.

The amount of British players on show today is pretty good for a top Pl game.

Yep. Its not all a lack of quality on the international stage, its the lack of a fitting system and positive approach to the game as well

Our back 4 are gonna provide the :lols today, I can feel it. Think we'll be relying on the front 3 to bail them out again

wedward

It doesn't look like that at all.

Wenger has been confirmed by Gazidis to be signing a new 3 year contract. Arsenal fans with dissenting opinions won't change that. United have no chance of returning to the top 4 next season.

Why do people assume Arsenal won't sign anyone this summer. Is everyone going to improve except us?

L1NETT

Top 4 isn't good enough.

Chesney and Koscielney are good players despite their slip ups, maybe they arent good enough to win titles but nobody forces Wenger to go scrounging around in Ligue2.

Im sorry, but this isn't 2000.

You have two of the richest clubs in the world who can outspend you, can beat you to Hazard, Mata etc.. without even thinking. And the best manager in the world right now.

Liverpool with arguably the best striker in the world football and enormous potential.

Spurs spending 100 million squid. And although they are being Moysed now, Man United.

You really think a title challenge is the minimum. Get real.

Meier

Incorrect on both accounts there. 1 red, and we've given away about 4 penalties total, never mind Koscielny alone.

I knew I had personally seen him get 2 red cards this year -- turns out I was thinking of the one he gave away for France against Ukraine (which was hilariously bad). He has 2 red cards and (at least) 4 penalties conceded this year now total.

wedward

I knew I had personally seen him get 2 red cards this year -- turns out I was thinking of the one he gave away for France against Ukraine (which was hilariously bad). He has 2 red cards and (at least) 4 penalties conceded this year now total.

Who cares what he does with France?

Elchele

Can't believe Pep actually dropped the 4-3-3/4-1-4-1, and we're back with 4-2-3-1.

I need no further proof of God's existence.

Marc

Top 4 with the likes of Gervinho, Koscielny, Chesney, Giroud...

Find me someone who can pull it off with those players.

Wenger bought them though.... so how does this absolve him of any part of the problem? The squad is his, the players his, the system his, everything comes from him. No manager has greater control of a club currently that I can see, only Fergie beforehand. So how exactly can the blame lay anywhere else but Wenger?

Hopefully a good game for Liverpool, want saints to do well but Liverpool need the win more.

Think Sterling should have played though considering he tracks back and defends so well now, also been one of their best players and would do better with counter-attacks. How Skrtel is still playing, I dunno... Toure and Agger were good at the start.

Sturridge should have shot there.

Salvadora

The Tuesday Club made a good argument this week re:spending.

Say you're the Arsenal board. Your club has consistently gotten Champions League Football year after year, bringing in the riches that come with it. Where is the motivation to spend, say, £100m+ to become in contention to win trophies? Is spending huge amounts of money going to remove stupid errors that have lost us games? Is it going to enable us to progress in the Champions League against Bayern Munich?

It's too easy from a club's perspective to spend (relatively) nothing and maintain the status quo.

Meier

Who cares what he does with France?

Because that's a part of his season. His "moment of madness" cost his team a key loss. Which has been a habit of his this year.

CBs are judged on their mistakes. Demichelis well enough against Barcelona prior to his red card but that's irrelevant because he got sent off, they got a bullshit penalty and it changed the game. That's the lasting story -- nothing good he'd done before it matters. I think he's (Koscielny) a good defender, but until he quits giving up so many obvious penalties, he won't be one of the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom